New Orleans Begins Controversial Removal of Confederate Monuments

imagine if da current Egyptian government felt compelled to destroy da Pyramids over da transgressions of black jews during passover during da current climate...where do you draw da line? you don't open that Pandora's box.

judging historical monuments on da current whims of political/moral winds is dumb.

btw, get disrespectful in here at your peril.
You want to continue honoring slave owners, and those who partook in and supported the enslavement of black people. We get it. 

When it comes to something regarding black people an racism, it is always a safe bet as to what side Ninja will be on.

Who are the pyramids honoring?

da slave holders who ran Egypt at da time.

you know da jews in passover were all black right.

judging historical monuments in today's contexts is a losing endeavor.

let history be just that, I'm sure people wouldn't stand for da sanitizing of slavery in Text books either.

let history be just that, I'm sure people wouldn't stand for da sanitizing of slavery in Text books either.

Spoken like someone that doesn't know how slavery actually was, and has read a history book regarding it.

Because it is most definitely sanitized already

Lol @ sanitizing of slavery in textbooks

Slavery isn't even accurately covered in textbooks and history classes so it's long been sanitized.

I don't see dudes being scrubbed from the history books, don't see a problem.

monuments are literally historical bookmarks of human society history...guess what, some of that history is unpleasant and downright horrific, doesn't mean you try to scrub it and pretend it doesn't exist...

da pyramids were literally constructed by black slave labor...

da present can't change history, only da future...and you dunno where you going till you Know where you been.

The pyramids honor the slave holders in Egypt, huh? Wow.

Are you going to tell me next that they were built to store grain?

da present can't change history, only da future...and you dunno where you going till you Know where you been.
this dude says a lot of smart dumb ish but this right here is so insightful 

how you come up with that?

the present cant change history... wow i never would have thought of that

and that last part wooooo dont know where youre going till you know where you been wow just wow

its a good thing us african americans know our history starts with slavery so we can know we're going back in chains huh?

i mean without these monuments how would we know where we stood in this country?

Last edited:

Spoken like someone that doesn't know how slavery actually was, and has read a history book regarding it.

Because it is most definitely sanitized already

it can get worst is my point.

where do they put this stuff? just throw it in storage?

Last edited:
Why do y'all engage NH whenever he posts? Ignore him and keep it pushing. I Lowkey think some of y'all enjoy the back and forth with him.
Repped. They don't hear you though. Just a bunch of this going back and forth.

View media item 2414651
View media item 2414655

But anyways to respond to the topic. This is a good start. Shouldn't have been honored in the first place, ..... but America.

This is why I always find it comical when people say "Slavery is over, let go of the past" ...bruh we literally have schools, roads, the national anthem, and even money honoring slave owners and white supremacists....in 2017

The pyramids honor the slave holders in Egypt,

ostensibly, yeah. Who built em? :nerd:

who was in charge? :nerd:
There's a HUGE difference between something that was built by slaves DURING slavery and monuments honoring treasonous racists put up AFTER the fact. Those monuments weren't there during slavery times and the Civil War.

And the pyramids served a purpose--they were tombs. Confederate monuments are just reminders of the past--they have never served any purpose other than to remember treasonous individuals.

Your example is awful and lacks sound logic.

monuments are literally historical bookmarks of human society history...guess what, some of that history is unpleasant and downright horrific, doesn't mean you try to scrub it and pretend it doesn't exist...

da pyramids were literally constructed by black slave labor...

Your logic as always is flawed. The Confederates lost the civil war and honoring anyone from the losing side makes no sense. The reason there wasn't any objection to erecting these statues & monuments in the first place is because they were done so in a different time. By your same claim, Germany should still have Nazi insignia and Hitler statues everywhere. Iraq should have left all Saddam Hussein statues and artwork up as well.

The pyramids honor the slave holders in Egypt,

ostensibly, yeah. Who built em? :nerd:

who was in charge? :nerd:
There's a HUGE difference between something that was built by slaves DURING slavery and monuments honoring treasonous racists put up AFTER the fact

and removing em after da fact is just as illogical considering A. doesn't change history B. its still emblematic of what it was about.

where do they put this stuff? just throw it in storage?

id love to know da answer to that.

Im from the area and I was just on facebook for a split second and saw a white guy i know posting about illegal atv's and motor bikes and how its a big public safety issue in New Orleans.

his comments were full of white people saying thats a real issue but that the NOPD was too busy taking down monuments to do anything about it. So many comments referenced this situation.

It really irked me.

Please don't let this dude derail potentially good discussion about the prevelance of confederate symbolism and the implications and roots of that ideology still existing within modern American politics

Back
Top Bottom