New Orleans Begins Controversial Removal of Confederate Monuments

Yes bro, peoples first acknowledgement of the flag is because of da hemi on tv.

Holy **** unbelievable.

You do know life exist out of nyc right? You thinking the entire world shares the same life experiences as you really shows how dense you are.

Dont ever debate or expect any sort of logic with people with zero life experience outside of thier box.

Bruh I never seen that show I swear.

johnny-knoxville-jessica-simpson-seann-william-scott-at-the-photocall-picture-id53449253

and u telling me u never remembered da movie in 2004-2005? c'mon :lol:

all im saying? there's a HUGE swath of people that's initial exposure to da Confederate flag was on that Charger, where it wasn't from a racial standpoint so u wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that argument so quickly... that's it.

clearly in contemporary times its ALOT different cuz everything is polarized, but da last movie dropped in 2005, clearly da mood of da flag wasn't da same that recently either.

I agree with the 2nd statement.

I have seen that movie but just a few segments with Jessica simpson.

I agree with the 2nd statement.

I have seen that movie but just a few segments with Jessica simpson.

that's all im saying...

that & Starsky and Hutch got remade into movies around da same time, with similar muscled hero cars (Ford Torino)

if u into muscle cars, those 2 series are notable inclusions onto movie star carlore....

so yeah, you kinda have to factor in da fact that most people only know of da flag in da 1st place cuz of da TV show back in da day...

No, most people know it because the USA fought a war against them, or it is shown in history books or the Mississippi flag (downright diagrace this is still there).

Did the term "good old boy" exist before the Dukes of Hazzard?

Did it mean what it means today?

Less than 10% of the US population at the time = da average laymen

what part of there was NO CABLE back when Duke's of Hazzard was out? :lol: it was da number 1 show in America...at this point you're just wanna add pages to this thread.

It's literally number 2 on the list you posted :lol:

gotcha!

u had had to admit it was number 2 show in America at da time (which validated my Confederate flag point) but da only way you was gonna do that was by "correcting me" about it not being number 1...duh, im da one that posted da link. :lol:

now what?

Yes bro, peoples first acknowledgement of the flag is because of da hemi on tv.

Holy **** unbelievable.

You do know life exist out of nyc right? You thinking the entire world shares the same life experiences as you really shows how dense you are.

LOL.

This is why you don't let TV teach your kids yall

There it is!!

Dont ever debate or expect any sort of logic with people with zero life experience outside of thier box.

IMG_0594.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 56
I'm howlin right now.

Fmab really thinks a TV show from mainly the 80s made average Americans aware of the flag.

Just looking at appearances before 1980, The damb thing is in Birth of a Nation, the KKK used it prominently, the Dixiecrats used it a ton, so did segregation advocates, and Southern politicans. Hell it is in Gone with the Wind.

But **** all that.

The and most important thing is that average American probably studies the American Civil War at least twice during through K to 12. Hell I knew about the American Civil War from school in the Caribbean when I was around 10.

But nah, a TV show that start in 79' put people on. :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
But nah, a TV show that start in 79' put people on.

oh look, da rookie opened his mouth just in time for me to shove a Atlantic article confirming my point down his throat :lol:

The great normalizer of the flag in pop culture, however, was The Dukes of Hazzard. The TV show, Coski notes, which ran from 1979 to 1985—and was followed by several spinoffs, including a 2005 feature film—solidified the flag’s connection with the “good ol’ boy” ethos. The show reached, in the early ‘80s, some 46 million viewers. Its most prominent icon was a 1969 Dodge Charger, the entirety of whose roof was painted with a Confederate flag. The car, which functioned as a co-star in the show, was nicknamed the “General Lee.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...nfederate-flag-pop-culture-phenomenon/396596/

now go crawl back into da political thread, u ain't beating me in pop culture knowledge b. :lol:

hey SC kid SC kid

here's da money shot.

The Dukes of Hazzard solidified the idea that the flag could have—or at least could claim to have—an alternate meaning besides the original one: that it could be more than a symbol of, in every sense, the wrong side of history. But the show also made clear how awkward such aggressive revisionism can be. It suggested the way that the image of a flag, painted onto to the body of a car, can have its own kind of layered meaning.

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...nfederate-flag-pop-culture-phenomenon/396596/

_think i be pulling ish out my ***, soon as some white liberal writer says da same ish watch em change their tune. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom