NEW ORLEANS HORNETS SEASON THREAD VOL. YAY DEMOCRACY!

Season threads are a go again. :pimp:
pimp.gif
ska
Quote:
Season threads for NON-GAME discussion, and game day threads for the individual games.
Quote:
Knicks news goes in the Knicks thread, but the games the Knicks play will be discussed in the game day threads that will be made for every game.

So if there exists a Knicks thread and it's chilling on page 2 or 3, then some dude comes in and posts the latest news regarding the Isaiah Thomas stuff, he needs to be directed to the Knicks thread, and we'll lock his thread up.
Messiahplay2muchBlackMagnuskidoopz, let's keep this joint going with all the other season threads, and stay on top of game threads. :pimp:
pimp.gif

Let's get it, Hornets. :pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

I hope the hornets don't fizzle out like the Saints did...if they can keep up their level of play and CP3 stays healthy we might be in for a good run

Hornets FTW!
TEAMNEWORLEANS​
I'm a Hornets and Saints fan,yea we losing but I can make it through a storm

Lets get it Hornets :pimp:
pimp.gif
.. I see the Hornets at the end of the year battling for that 6th or 7th spot.. Still got a way to go to make it amongst the elites..

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm amped for the Hornets...Mo Ptete aint a A-list guard but he's good for maybe 15 and 5 a game.....if Peja can keep healthy that's another 18-20 a game....West with the midrange game and Chandler continuing to improve. not to forget bobby "Instant Offense" off the bench...we still got Jannero?

pimp.gif
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Yep, Jannero is still on the team.. Played the first game, just had some bonehead turnovers, but he'll bounce back.. Im not so sure Mo Pete will be dropping that much, nor would I like him to even try *Streaky shooter*, but an average of 10 and 4 and stout defense is what we should expect from him.. Mo Pete and Peja spread the court so well, which opens up the lane for Paul that the 3 should be an added arsenal that we missed last year.. And lets hope the injury bug does not bite as well..

The Hornets do have some tough matchups next week.. Lets see what noise we can make against the Spurs :wow:
embarassed.gif

Good job holding Aldridge in check.. Knew Roy would get his, but everyone else had to earn there points.. Portland will try and get their revenge though.. It's Not Gon Happen!!

Denver is next.. Iverson vs Paul is a must see..

Great Win, I didn't watch the game last night, but I DVR it, so I'll check it out 2night. Then I'll give my thoughts of the game

BlackMagnus514 :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
TEAMNEWORLEANSHORNETS
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Just wait 'Til Sunday when you guys face the Nuggets.

Melo's gonna drop 40 on you guys.

Final Score :

NO: 87

Den: 103
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

Quote:
NO: 87
Den 103

That's a pretty strong estimate, knowing you guys don't play defense outisde of Marcus Camby.. I expect a much closer game than that. Plus, I'm optimistic so I can see the Hornets getting a W here.. It will be a tough test though playing against the Nuggets run and gun style.

klj i think that link only works for home games
For a dummy, you make a lot of sense​
"You Big Dummy'08."​

Quote:
I take you to the Garden one time to see my team play, and now you a fan all of sudden
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
real recognize real. i been a CP3 fan since Wake Forest.
roll.gif

What's good wit the Hornets vs. Knicks this year at the Garden???

Great Article on Tyson Chandler
By Ryan Schwan | November 1st, 2007

Quote:
Ill start this out by admitting that when the Hornets acquired Tyson Chandler from the Bulls last year for JR Smith and PJ Brown, I was ambivalent towards the trade. On one hand, it was nice to finally have a true center with rebounding and shot blocking skills, but on the other, his contract seemed ridiculous. Chandler was making star money, and it seemed that the best he could be was an average starter.His first couple months seemed almost a little desperate to prove himself. He made a lot of mistakes, shot poorly from the line, his block numbers were subpar, and he didnt get a lot of putbacks from all the rebounds he was grabbing. For a seven footer, he didnt seem all that tough either. Hed talk smack after sending someones shot into the crowd, but usually followed it with an apologetic-seeming half smile. And then came the seasons low point.

The Hornets were playing the San Antonio Spurs in San Antonio, and getting blown out badly.(final score 112-77) In frustration, Tyson delivered a hard foul to Ginobili as he drove to the hoop and for once the Argentine didnt have to flop to end up on his back. Immediately Tim Duncan was there, followed seconds later by Bruce Bowen and Tony Parker. The camera stayed fixed on Tyson, and I got to watch as he slowly edged away from the three, talking fast. I groaned. Our big man, our enforcer, was backing down to two of the most dispassionate players in the game and a little Frenchman.(not that I have anything against the French. Really.) As Ginobili hit the free throws, Duncan kept up his glare and steady stream of words, and you could tell Chandler was rattled. He played poorly for the rest of the game.

By the time I convinced my buddy to start watching Hornets games with me in late January, I had about given up on Chandler being much more than average. But then a strange thing happened. The Hornets played a stretch of games against some weak opponents - and Chandler dominated in those games. And when the schedule toughened, his confidence did not waver, and he kept dominating. For the rest of the year he was a joy to watch, and he was so impressive he received an invite to join the USA Basketball mens senior team in Las Vegas.

I knew that that experience - being included with some of the best players in the world - was bound to give him even more confidence, so I looked forward to seeing him play in last nights opener with great anticipation. And he didnt disappoint. Not only was he playing with confidence, he was playing mean. He sent a shot into the first row, and stared down the shooter with a contemptuous sneer. He refused to give ground in the post and contested everything that came his way. When Quincy Douby tried to pressure Paul in the open floor, he set a hard pick, accidentally leaning into it as Quincy smashed face first into his elbow. Then, with Quincy on the floor with a concussion, Chandler jogged downcourt, received an entry pass from Paul, and coldly buried a hook shot over Brad Miller.

Tyson Chandler is only 25. If hes truly turned the corner for good and this is the Chandler Im going to watch in a Hornets uniform for the next ten years, Im going to be a happy, happy man. Of course, my buddy regularly reminds me that I used to talk Chandler down, and insists Im not a true fan. But my buddy also insists on calling Chandler T-Bone, and is therefore an idiot who should be ignored.
TEAMNEWORLEANSHORNETS
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

i watch a lot of hornets games. yall might see me a lot in here.

good luck with the season...

T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Survived the first test of the season, playing an elite team on the road :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TEAMNEWORLEANSHORNETS
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Jax is the man...good to see Rasual still has a J
TEAM TEK WEH YUH SELF
If Yuh Nuh Like We, Tek Weh Yuh Self!​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Co-sign to everything Messiah said.

Like I said in the game thread, we don't have a pure scorer, but we still have a little bit of everything.

Paul: one of the best PG's
Chandler: one of the best rebounders/shot blockers/post defenders
Jackson: one of the best bench guys
West: one of the best all-around big men
Stojakovic: one of the best shooters

Clockwork.

CP and our shooters open everything up and make it easy for everybody; we don't need a big time scorer.

Messiah :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. And man, did that game have a whole bunch of travelling violations.. Especially David West.. C'mon dude...

Great Article on David West
By Ryan Schwan | November 5th, 2007

Quote:
Everyone in the Hornets starting five has a role:

* Tyson Chandler - Dominating the glass and paint, making opposing centers get technicals in frustration
* Chris Paul - orchestrate the offense, rip opposing PGs, penetrate and kick, talk trash and receive technicals
* Peja Stojakovic - Shoot long range jumpers, make back door cuts, pretty up the court on defense by doing a convincing statuary impression
* Morris Peterson - chase the opponents best perimeter player, sometimes catching them - be 4th option on offense
* David West - pull out opposing big men to give Tyson room to operate, hit mid-range jumper, provide safety valve on offense

So far, all of them had been performing their roles to perfection - until their last game. During that Nuggets game, everyone but one person performed their role.

Ahh yes, I hear you say, Stojakovic, who went 1/8 for five points.

No - he did what he was supposed to - spread the floor by being a threat to hit deep shots. Hitting them helps, yes, but he still provides an essential role by spreading the floor even when hes not hitting - because everyone knows he can hit them and he cant be left alone.

No, it was David West who did not perform his role against Denver. While the AP write up of that game would have you believe that it was West who defeated the near comeback of the Nuggets, anyone who watched that game was aware of the twelve-foot giant looming between West and the basket for most of the game; his personal Goliath: Self-confidence.

As I noted above, West is typically the safety valve on offense. On many posessions, hell receive the ball with about 5-7 seconds left on the shot clock after the rest of the play has been executed. Since West has a variety of offensive tools at his disposal - post moves, a surprisingly good one dribble drive and hook, slick fade-aways and a deadly rhythm jumpshot - hes a natural choice to try and manufacture a scoring opportunity at the end of the shot clock. But somehow, despite having led the Hornets in scoring for two seasons, and having proven no less than 6 times in two years that he can hit the winning shot in a game, West is still susceptible to losing confidence in his game. It was on display in the Nuggets game - he missed a few jumpers early, and suddenly, he was overthinking everything. Hed catch the ball on a pick and pop and instead of shooting his nearly perfect rhythm jumper, hed try to think of something else to do with it. Hed pump fake and shoot, dribble once and shoot, or dribble several times to the basket and leave a runner short. In the last few minutes of the game, while I sprayed my TV with spittle urging him to shoot, he repeatedly caught the ball, dribbled uselessly for a while and then jacked up a bad shot or tried to force a pass into traffic. It was frustratingly obvious that he had completely lost confidence in his 20-foot mid-range shot - a shot hes hit at an amazing 46% over the last two years. As a result, we had some bad empty posessions at the end of the game, and the Nuggets fought within four before being closed out by Chris Paul and Rasual Butler.

On a positive note, I do have to acknowledge the fact that he was willing to take the pressure shots, but I really hope that he can begin forgetting bad shots from earlier in the game and take his later shots with confidence. If he can do that, the Hornets will become that much harder to beat, there wont be any more lurking Goliaths, and David will have taken one of the last important steps in his development as a scorer.
TEAMNEWORLEANSHORNETS
TEAMATLANTABRAVES​

Hornets Power Rankings

Espn.com (9) The Hornets matched last season's 4-0 start rather comfortably. To get to 8-3 -- last season's peak -- they'll need three wins in afour-game stretch featuring three road games: New Jersey, Memphis, Minnesota.

Cnnsi.com ( 8 ) Chris Paul dished out an NBA season-high 21 assists (with just two turnovers) to go with 19 points in their win at the Lakerslast week. The sensational point guard has scored at least 15 points in each of his first five games while racking up 10 or more assists three times.

Nba.com ( 8 ) Off: 109.7 ( 8 ), Def: 100.4 (6) -- Healthy, the Hornets are showing us that they can be a second-tier team out West.Tonight's matchup in New Jersey (CP3 vs. J-Kidd) should be fun.

Hornets lookin real strong early in the season. God forbid injuries hit this team again like they did last season. good luck!!!

Another test tonight against the Magic....
CP3 will more than likely miss this game...
Peja vs. Turkolgu is prime-time TV right there, none of them even attempt to play defense....
West guarding Lewis on the perimeter scares me right now...
Chandler needs to stay outta foul trouble and Peterson needs to have one of those games where umm how should i put this, ACTUALLY SCORES.....
Butler is goin to get buckets tonight, at least that what my horoscope said...
Side note: The Hornets whole starting five is averaging double figues in scoring....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom