New Orleans Saints engaged in bounty program ... UPDATE 9/7: Saints Players Win Appeal!!! Will play

roll.gif
at JPZ.

The Saints deserve everything they get but the fact that JPZ is this naive is
laugh.gif

You think every defense in the NFL isn't saying they wanna knock the QB out of the game? I'm sure the 9ers, Ravens and Steelers try their hardest to avoid hurting a player.

Very classy of you to bring up Hurricane Katrina though. Who cares if thousands of people died, the Vikings didn't win the Superbowl!

Their draft picks should go to the Vikings for all those dirty cheap shot hits in the 2009 NFC Championship game 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

If anyone is upset over this they need to stick to watching a non contact sport.
smokin.gif

denzel_intro.jpg

Spoiler [+]
Game has changed, when I played ball it was all about taking dudes out.  Not in a dirty way like going for knees and ankles, but head was fair game.  Coaches use to tell us "Pop them in the ear hole so their head wont stop ringing" 
laugh.gif
.  We just loved to hit, kickoffs, punts, blindside hits, crackback blocks, hitting dudes heads up, just loved it.  Think I lost a few brain cells, but it was fun.  Now all that @#!# is frowned upon, 
grin.gif

i dont see too much validity in this, and besides not taking away from them but ppl act like this is the first time ppl have done this. l.t. anyone... i mean thats the problem with today with twitter/facebook etc... ppl always gonna talk and can express what they fell or think and gossip.

its one thing to have a bounty to get sacks or clean hits on the QB but to say i'll give 10k to anyone who hurts a frave is wrong....they should lose picks......if you allow that why not allow a team to take a back up DE say hey 50k if you knock brady out the game......dude goes ok simple i'll just wait to he throws the ball and give him helment to helment hit.........you have to draw the line somewhere.....trying to injure players is wrong

Originally Posted by AG 47

Funny thing is, I don't remember any illegal hits in that game. No helmet to helmet. No "Brady" hits. The hits were hard, but not illegal.

I might be mistaken, but I think the NFL did acknowledge some hits should have been flagged. I'm all for hard hits etc etc but this seems a bit overboard.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Happens all over the league but the saints will be made an example of
Yup, and even if they are penalized teams will STILL do #$!% like this.

Pretty much.

What if a convicted felon friend of Sean Payton was offering bounty cash?
An NFL memo to all of its clubs details yet more of what is becoming one of the biggest sports scandals in recent NFL history. Details of the memo were obtained by me from a team official. Here is a summary of what parts of the memo states.

Funds for the Saints bounty system, the memo states, weren't solely contributed by players. People close to the Saints team contributed as well. One was a felon: Michael Ornstein.

Ornstein was once Reggie Bush's marketing agent and is close friends with Saints coach Sean Payton. Ornstein spent time in prison for fraud and the Saints -- somewhat -- have cut ties with Ornstein.

But in 2009 Ornstein was a fixture around the Saints site. The NFL memo to teams state that then Ornstein pledged $10,000 towards the quarterback bounty in 2009.

Then, on at least two occasions in 2011, Ornstein again contributed to a bounty fund on an opposing quarterback.

The NFL memo also states there was a bounty paper trail. Ornstein put details of the bounty system in an e-mail to Payton, according to the NFL memo. In that e-mail, Ornstein committed $5,000 towards yet another bounty.

This just gets worse and worse for the Saints.

Yeah, about that.

edit: ^
e7226db6bea4e46dc82a7e0b64b0527bc750d57d_r.gif

NFL has to send consistent and public messages about player safety. The research on CTE is staggering and could potentially cripple the sport. Lawsuits are already in motion. The Saints organization was clumsy enough to give the NFL a chance to make a public statement and the NFL smartly took advantage.

Patrice O'Neal sounded like a complete idiot in that clip. Tell that gladiator crap to Dave Duerson's and a plethora of other NFL players' familes.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

the way the Saints defense plays I am assuming there was more contact in the showers 

Ravens have had a bounty on Ward for some time, they took a little heat for it a few years ago but Hines kept knocking them out instead so nothing came of it. With the updated safety 'concerns' from Roger I'm sure this will be dealt with pretty swiftly

They shoulda put that ten rack bounty on BEAST MODE that playoff Game he ran through/around/past the entire saints roster including the practice squad guys two years ago

Ravens have had a bounty on Ward for some time, they took a little heat for it a few years ago but Hines kept knocking them out instead so nothing came of it.
Do you sleep with a Steelers wave cap on? My goodness my man...

Let them breath.

When I first heard this I thought no one would defend this. After talking about it for 6 hours it seems I'm in the minority
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah cause I'm always 'slurping' on the Steelers...? Obviously a joke and I think you have me confused with someone else

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

When I first heard this I thought no one would defend this. After talking about it for 6 hours it seems I'm in the minority
30t6p3b.gif
Cause all the fat @#$ fans want to see hard hits no matter what, even though if they were the ones getting hit they'd be dead in an instant. Trying your best to injure a player is classless and dangerous. What happens if the other player has a career ending injury or even worse, dies? Stupid @#$ fans would rather see dirty @#$% than proper tackling. "That's how the NFL used to be
tired.gif
." Look at how the players from back then are faring now
grin.gif

Fouling properly is an important strategy in basketball. How about we just start judo kicking other players in the knees to take them out of the game
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by erupt107th

The Saints deserve everything they get but the fact that JPZ is this naive is
laugh.gif

You think every defense in the NFL isn't saying they wanna knock the QB out of the game? I'm sure the 9ers, Ravens and Steelers try their hardest to avoid hurting a player.

Very classy of you to bring up Hurricane Katrina though. Who cares if thousands of people died, the Vikings didn't win the Superbowl!

What am I being "naive" about? I KNOW that cheap shots go on in the NFL, but the cheap shots that go on BECAUSE of a supposed reward is where I draw the line. Do the 9ers, Ravens and Steelers pay their damn players to injure people? No, only your classless organization pulls that !%$+*++!.

laugh.gif
And yes I brought up Hurricane Katrina... but did I mock/make fun of/or joke about it in ANY way? No.
laugh.gif
I said it's stupid that the media played your team up as "a group of good guys just playing for the city, playing through hardships and winning a title for their state after a hurricane" when they REALLY were a bunch of cheap douche bags. Yes, the hurricane happened and it was horrible.... but it had happened FOUR YEARS PRIOR. Was the city/state still patching things together? Yeah, but it had happened more than 1,460 days BEFORE that season! You're acting like I shined some bad light on it or some #%%#
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
, I didn't downplay the actual hurricane at all or comment on any type of strain it brought for the people at the time. Don't talk to me about class Saints fan
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

How is that asterisk related? This is the goddamn NFL people. Hits like that used to be the norm. And like I said in the offseason thread, it worked.

^ Continuning to miss the point, it's not the DIRTY HITS... it's the REWARD PUT UP OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME to tempt dirty hits.

And AMP, as for you saying "you don't remember any dirty plays in that game"...
"Three New Orleans Saints players were fined a total of $30,000 for four different hits in Sunday's NFC Championship game. Three of those hits were delivered to Brett Favre."

it's a difference between unintentionally injuring someone during the course of a game and going into a game with the premeditated intent upon injuring someone.

it's the nfl injuries are inevitable but if you purpously intentionally try and injure someone it's disgusting. the saints and whoever was involved with this should be punished heavily.

it sucks seeing players get hurt regardless but if i was a player on a team, a coach on that team, a season ticket holder and one of my teams star players was intentionally injured by someone from the opposing team and they missed significant time i would be furious.

like i said, accidents happen, look at the joe theisman lawerence taylor game but you know it was unintentional and unfortunate, purpously trying to hurt someone is disgusting regardless of the sport, team, or players involved.

Hopefully Brees and Colston are so disgusted with this that they both skip town and head to SF.

#notonenottwonotthreenotfournotfivenotsix

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

makes me even happier that Pierre Thomas got knocked the f out. Karma baby. And this is going to set them back with draft picks, fines, and suspensions. I hear some players might even sue? I like Drew Brees but that's where it stops, this team has no class. Blitzing in preseason games?

Back
Top Bottom