New Release: White/lucky green dunk hi and lo

If anyone was like me, they were let down by the samples of the white/celtic dunks a couple years back only to have them retro'd as vintage.  We now have the new samples of this white and "lucky green".  To many of us dunk fans, the two tones are nice, but the ripstop is a small deterrent.  Not enough of a deterrent for me.

Via Freshness Mag:  "Green and white colors combined give a straight Irish feel and this Lucky Green Pack seem to resonate the similar feel to the previously released St. Patrick’s Day Pack last month. A pair of Dunk Lows and Highs are produced in reversed colorway. Uppers are constructed with tumbled white leather and metallic green nylon ripstop material breaking up the sneaker in an authentic manner. Gold Nike embroidered tongue tag adds extra shine to the festive monotone. White midsole and green outsole grounds the sneakers firmly and green inner lining welcomes the feet each time it is worn.

Dunk-High-Lucky-Green-01-570x400.jpg

Dunk-High-Lucky-Green-02-570x400.jpg

Dunk-High-Lucky-Green-04-570x400.jpg

Lows:
Dunk-Lo-Lucky-Green-01-570x400.jpg

Dunk-Lo-Lucky-Green-02-570x400.jpg

Dunk-Lo-Lucky-Green-04-570x400.jpg

I can't wait for these.  It might be 2 pairs of each.

these look decent but i dunno about that nylon material...it seems like there is gonna start being alot of two-tone re-releases....they already came out with orange/white carolina/white and team red/ white

If those were all leather, Id cop instantly.

But just like the white/red white/orange that came out recently, these are different from regular two-tones in some way...it's not the same

Ummm I don't think you should call these Celtics... please change the title...you have actual celtics in your avy

they finally bring back a two tone dunk with a MESH tongue!!!!!!

but they then ruin it with the ripstop material....*sigh*

they both look good, the lows would look better if it was the green were the exact same areas as the highs

Usually I'm all for the ripstop material but for some reason not really feeling these.

there is also a pair like this wit the ripstop thats blue/black and blue/grey.....i think the other two look better but eitherway all will be copped hopefully when the next 50 off event happens....much easier than tryin to hunt down some of the all leather joints from 03....although i perfer all leather these will have to do

I was worried when I saw your thread because I have a DS Size 10 pair I'm about to throw up in B/S.

These can't $#%$ with legit Celtic High's AT ALL. Word to your avy.

^ Edit your post. Take the website out of it.

That site is obviously loaded with fakes. Since when are Heineken's worth only $77? C'mon man get real.

Back to the post:

I've got 2 pairs of celtic hi's and I love the ripstop shoe. I also have some classic green lows that would appreciate an opposite.
People who don't like these, that's your opinion...

^ What about the people with the white/clover dunks that call them celtics?

The shoes are identical, but the box says clover.

I mean the Celtic dunks are my grail, I own 2 pairs and would definitely buy more if I could find them (extremely rare especially to say "celtic" not "clover"). These are as close as they come. To me it's like a Jordan retro with a jumpman vs nike air... beggars can't be choosers.

It's rare for them to be "Celtic" and not "clover"?

Word? Mine say "Celtic" and I never considered them a rare shoe at all. I've never even seen a pair of "Clover".

I'm pretty sure the Euro/Can releases were Celtic. Those aren't "rare". They just weren't released here.

And this color is nowhere near the same.

If you love Celtic's so much, you certainly wouldn't confuse these coming out for a White/Celtic "re-release".

^ Yes it's kind of rare to say Celtic. If you've been searching for the shoe for years, you see significantly more amounts of Clover than Celtics.

The first batch from 2002, which said Celtic on the box, came out in smaller quantities than the second batch(2003), which said clover.
Both were Euro/Can releases where clover was produced in higher quantities after the initial success of the Celtics.
I know they weren't produced here, I do own 2 pairs...

And I am not confusing them by any means. The green is much lighter on this pair than on the "Celtic" dunks.

The sarcasm really isn't needed, and I don't need to prove my "love" of the Celtics to you. If you knew anything about the shoe/colorway 304717-131, you'd know they also came in clover. So please stop calling me out on everything I say.

Back
Top Bottom