New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

David Aldridge just tweeted that the Lakers are quietly making a hard push for Nash lol
Is that a verified David Aldridge Twitter account.
Twitter is such a joke and people easily make FAKE twitter accounts claiming to be someone else.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Essential1

I'd take Nash. But only if Sessions stays..

Steve Nash as your PG sounds all nice and all. But if it means Steve Blake is still backup. It makes no difference.

And I'd rather have a 26 year old PG who is still growing than a 38 year old one when Steve Blake is your backup.

28 minutes each sounds nice. (Sess gets 8 mins at SG, 20 at PG)
F Nash. He doesn't want to come here? So be it. I was kind of hoping we would've signed Terry though. If we do get Dwight, that doesn't solve our problems. We still need a point guard, a bench and oh we still have Mike Brown as head coach. 
laugh.gif

Please man.. Just for a while can we just stop with Mike Brown.. It really is needless at this point and time.. Save it for the season. So I can be annoyed then
laugh.gif

And the thing is we NEED Sessions to come back. Especially if Nash were to agree to come here (you're right it is a longshot).

People are forgetting he is 38. Chronic Back Problems. And with a new training staff (clearly PHX has a better training staff). Giving Nash 30 minutes is pushing it. Even 28 minutes & 26 minutes is pushing it.

Look down at your bench.. Who replaces Nash?  Steve Blake.
laugh.gif
  We're in no better place with Nash if Steve Blake has an important role. If Blake is anything more than your 3rd PG, you are screwed at PG.

With Nash, the backup PG becomes even more critical to the team.. 

I hope others notice that..

I really HATE to bring this up again..

But man if David effin Stern didn't %%+* block the Lakers on the CP3 deal no question right now or at the trade deadline last March would Dwight be in the purple & gold by now.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

But man if David effin Stern didn't %%+* block the Lakers on the CP3 deal no question right now or at the trade deadline last March would Dwight be in the purple & gold by now.

Yes he would be

we aint gon get naan
we ridin with Pau Drew and Mr. 30 Million to the death - those 3 combine to make more than some entire nations' GDP

sucks how all the other superstars of his generation have reasonable contracts that help the team acquire talent, but Kobe's sittin there at age 34 with the worst shooting % since his 2nd year, and he's collecting 30 million

I ain't blaming Kobe, but management gave him way too much money

Basically. Wasn't the deal with D12 supposedly already in place after we "had" CP3. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Basically. Wasn't the deal with D12 supposedly already in place after we "had" CP3. 

Yep, that was the whole plan. Stern can eat a #%@#.

You guys are kidding right...

Lakers have a championship team already, only one person is holding them back... (and he plays 40 mins at OFF GUARD)

If LA played basketball and not KOBEball, they'd win. PERIOD.

Any other team (ON THE PLANET) with 2 quality 7 footers (not great, but def quality), the bigs would get the ball all day in the first Q. They stay engaged in the game that way, and that's the only way. It gets the opponent in foul trouble early, the defense starts to sag off shooters which opens driving lanes and wide open jumpers. These cats are not Ben Wallace or Tyson Chandler, they want to score and can score. Give up the rock Kobe, and ease off the gas as you throw your boys under the buss (I mean bus) that you drive over them.

Also why would any big man want to play LONG-TERM with Kobe? Would you? He's a great scorer, but on the downside, and gets in your *** everytime you make a mistake, AND POSTGAME AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE (and you better not say na'an when he makes one)... NO THANKS

Of course you want to improve your team, and they have been weak at PG forever. To me Sessions is good, and would be better with a full season, but everybody gets killed by Westbrook, Rose, Williams, Rondo, etc. Hell, they kill EACH OTHER. And don't blame the coach, they got swept under the great Phil Jackson with pretty much the same team. For the Lakers to win is so easy with the team they have, but ain't nobody gonna tell that dude that FOUL FOUR-letter word he needs to hear... PASS!

Nash wants a 4 year deal worth between $30-40million...

I don't care if we only give up Steve Blake for him..

PASS PASS PASS PASS..

Originally Posted by cmoweb

Lakers have a championship team already, only one person is holding them back... (and he plays 40 mins at OFF GUARD)

Any other team (ON THE PLANET) with 2 quality 7 footers (not great, but def quality), the bigs would get the ball all day in the first Q. They stay engaged in the game that way, and that's the only way. It gets the opponent in foul trouble early, the defense starts to sag off shooters which opens driving lanes and wide open jumpers. These cats are not Ben Wallace or Tyson Chandler, they want to score and can score. Give up the rock Kobe, and ease off the gas as you throw your boys under the buss (I mean bus) that you drive over them.

Also why would any big man want to play LONG-TERM with Kobe? Would you? He's a great scorer, but on the downside, and gets in your *** everytime you make a mistake, AND POSTGAME AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE (and you better not say na'an when he makes one)... NO THANKS

Of course you want to improve your team, and they have been weak at PG forever. To me Sessions is good, and would be better with a full season, but everybody gets killed by Westbrook, Rose, Williams, Rondo, etc. Hell, they kill EACH OTHER. And don't blame the coach, they got swept under the great Phil Jackson with pretty much the same team. For the Lakers to win is so easy with the team they have, but ain't nobody gonna tell that dude that FOUL FOUR-letter word he needs to hear... PASS!

Great post. Everything you said is on-point. Ain't nobody in here gonna hear you though. Lakers and their fans are silly to want to get rid of either of those 2 bigs (unless of course they are getting another quality big like Dwight in return).

They tried your formula but the two bigs didn't do $#+$ inside except clog it up. Sometimes these bums got boxed out by point guards. I mean Ty Lawson boxed out gasol. We can blame that on the shooting guard I guess. It was very easy to defend. You can't blame Kobe for the two being inept to guard the pick and roll. You dont win championships with offense, it defense. If you want to beat the lakers as they are right now, just run pick and roll with a point that's willin to drive. You can't blame the shooting guard for that.
laugh.gif

The point guards were Getting destroyed all season long. How do you blame the shooting guard? The two bigs that you are talking about can't work with a point that wants to run because they don't want to run. We hardly had any fast break points which equaled no easy points. How do you blame the shooting guard for that? It's like you guys didn't watch the games.

They were plenty of possessions that nobody did $#+$ with the ball and just gave it Kobe with 5 seconds left and asked him to bail you out. It can't work like that.

This is all not to say that Kobe couldn't play better( drive to the hoop Bean) but there are bigger glaring problems than the way kobe has been playing. You can't blame one man for all that.

will we hear any news/rumors today? being a holiday and everything or is it just work as usuall for these guys?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Great post. Everything you said is on-point. Ain't nobody in here gonna hear you though. Lakers and their fans are silly to want to get rid of either of those 2 bigs (unless of course they are getting another quality big like Dwight in return).
Shuges cmon fam youre better than that, dude drops a few obvious basketball 101 observations and u co-sign it like hes dropping jewels.

So youre agreeing that the ONLY thing holding the lakers back is Kobe Bryant ? Not the bench, not the coach, or the loss of Odom for nothing had nothing to do with this team losing in the playoffs.

Kobe had a sub par season but to say kobeball is why they lost is shortsighted and unfair, thats no better than stans saying hes the ONLY reason the won 2 in a row...theres always more than 1 factor bro.

Lakers seem determined to blow D12 deal.

Now they're asking about his back and are raising concerns, are standing firm that they will not take any contracts back, and seem determined to include MWP while only taking back Dwight, and are complaining about they dont know if DH will resign and don't want a rental.

Mitch & Jim looking dumb right now. They better step up

It's true: if Kobe would have been more team-oriented, we would have won the championship.

Well, that... and if we had a better bench.

And if we never had a PG depth chart of Fisher/Blake.

And if Brown was more offensively competent.

And if Pau played w/ intensity.

And if we had perimeter shooting.

And if we never got screwed in the CP3 deal that ultimately cost us a 6th Man of the Year.

But yep, the reason we failed to grab a ring was because of Kobeball. Sure, we'll go w/ that.
laugh.gif

And SHUGES, you know how I feel about Bean, so you know this ain't a response from some stan.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's true: if Kobe would have been more team-oriented, we would have won the championship.

Well, that... and if we had a better bench.

And if we never had a PG depth chart of Fisher/Blake.

And if Brown was more offensively competent.

And if Pau played w/ intensity.

And if we had perimeter shooting.

And if we never got screwed in the CP3 deal that ultimately cost us a 6th Man of the Year.

But yep, the reason we failed to grab a ring was because of Kobeball. Sure, we'll go w/ that.
laugh.gif

And SHUGES, you know how I feel about Bean, so you know this ain't a response from some stan.
Ska spitting that unbiased truth
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

How dare they do their homework and use the leverage they have.

Leverage is an overrated idea in this case. Especially if you are trading Bynum regardless. If we could trade Pau instead with leverage over Dwight then you have a point.. They don't want Metta. They want someone to take JRich or Hedo. Trade Blake take on jRich. Solved.We trade Metta w/ Bynum. Then what? Now a bigger hole at SF. And based on injuries there is no leverage at all. Bynum still has a known history

MJsaver, ska... I'm definitely not saying Kobe deserves ALL the blame here. LA FO deserves a lot of it as well. You guys held onto Fisher way, way longer than needed. Veteran leadership my *@+. We all know that was a move done most likely to pander to Kobe. All I'm saying is that when you have two All-Star type bigs on your team, it's *@+ backwards to want 30 a game from the SG.... no wait, from ANY other position. It's not like Pau or Bynum are Mutombo down there. These dudes have game man. Like dude said, throw it down low and watch these dudes foul out damn near every other front line in the L. Lakers first botched when they got rid of Odom and didn't bring in someone solid to replace him. That 3 big lineup was devastating. So unless they get Dwight, I can't wait to read LA fans whining that thay have no depth in the front court.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

MJsaver, ska... I'm definitely not saying Kobe deserves ALL the blame here. LA FO deserves a lot of it as well. You guys held onto Fisher way, way longer than needed. Veteran leadership my *@+. We all know that was a move done most likely to pander to Kobe. All I'm saying is that when you have two All-Star type bigs on your team, it's *@+ backwards to want 30 a game from the SG.... no wait, from ANY other position. It's not like Pau or Bynum are Mutombo down there. These dudes have game man. Like dude said, throw it down low and watch these dudes foul out damn near every other front line in the L. Lakers first botched when they got rid of Odom and didn't bring in someone solid to replace him. That 3 big lineup was devastating. So unless they get Dwight, I can't wait to read LA fans whining that thay have no depth in the front court.

You got to realize man that the Lakers front office know that the core of this team and especially the front court not including Bynum is aging and the quality is going down.That's the reason why before the start of this past season they were willing to give up Gasol & eventually gave away Odom for nothing after Stern blocked the 3 team trade between the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets that would have gotten the Lakers Chris Paul.Kupchak realizes that the league is getting younger & faster and that the Lakers need an elite PG like CP3.Problem is the other half of management Jim Buss who literally has final say on all player personnel moves now since Jerry Buss is now in poor health. 
Best believe Gasol is at the latter & downside of his career now.He was not an all star this season and honestly the year before did not deserve to make it also even as a reserve player. Gasol simply isn't the same player that he was during the Lakers last 2 championship runs in 2009 &2010.

On the subject of Bynum. The guy is clearly a pet project of Jim Buss. I really believe right now that the front office has for years been divided on weather or not to keep or trade him for various reasons being his knee injury history or his behavior issues on & off the court.Yeah Bynum managed to stay healthy most of this season which was not a full 82 game season.He made the all star team this season which if you really look at the Western Conference there was no competition voting wise against him.

i agree with SHUGES and cmoweb, to an extent. kobe single-handedly lost us 2 games against the thunder. the only reason kobe and pau worked so long is because pau is passive. how many times have you seen kobe scowl/bark at pau for HIS mistake? i doubt that !%#$ flies with a lot of people.

and some of these people got essential gassed
laugh.gif

he throws numbers around on nba trade machine and spits some basic CBA knowledge and all of a sudden he thinks hes a better GM than mitch. c'mon bruh
laugh.gif

Kobe is definitely not the reason why LA is not winning. He's the centerpiece of the offense and Bynum even flourished this year under a new coach. Pau is passive at times so Kobe just keeps scoring.  They won with this same big 3 two years ago and are adjusting to not only a new coach but a shallow bench.  The big men definitely need to be getting more touches Really will be interesting to see if Bynum goes to Orlando and dominates 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom