New to the shoe game...need help

Hey. First post.
I'm new to the shoe game (in fact, I've worn ugly shoes all my life) and I don't know where to start with a shoe collection. I've gotten some basic guidance on what shoes to go with but I still am not sure.

I'm really going to focus on basketball shoes (so no Nike SBs, please), so I want to pick a shoe that's a good start to a sneaker collection. Also, I really don't want to buy online. What are some shoes that you would recommend for a new shoe collector?

Thanks for any help you can give me and have a good one.
-Gunnar

I recommend Kd's or Kobe's. I started with J's/Kd's. Ordering online may be better though so keep that in mind. There are discounts and coupons you can use to make that 200$ sneaker a decent 150 (As long as it's not a brand new release). Even if it is brand new and ends up being a GR (Genral release, they sit on shelves) Just give it a few weeks and you'll be able to use those handy % off codes and discounts. Hope i was able to help.

I agree with bluntobject50. There is no great starting point, but there are classic looks that don't go away. I would pay attention to new releases as they get posted to sites like Sneaker Bar Detroit and/or Sneaker News. You're probably better off trying to get stuff that's currently on the shelves than trying to find an older pair from a reseller. I also recommend Kicks Deals. They have some great deals on there and the stores they refer to have always been legit (in my experience anyway). It all comes down to what you're into. If you like Jordan 5s then you're going to be waiting for them to release each year, etc. I'd recommend looking through the calendars on SBD and SN to see if there's anything coming out soon that you like. If not, then there might be some cheaper and more available shoes available at a discount that Kicks Deals could link you to.

"hey guys, i wanna fit in and feel like I'm cool…where do i start?"

smh….not sure if to take this seriously or if this is just a really good troll 

Little bit of advice

1)Don't call it the shoe "game". You can tell right away you're a noob

2)Dress for yourself, not other men

3)Nike SBs are far more versatile for everyday wear than basketball shoes.

Back
Top Bottom