New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

Man I wish I had a chance to try these on in store so I’d feel confident ordering them from Eastbay

Man I wish I had a chance to try these on in store so I’d feel confident ordering them from Eastbay
Do you have a finish line nearby? Both that I went to seem to be making a big push for this shoe. Haven't seen it in store anywhere else.

it seems to me at least that the trend is if it's not sold out on the first day it's def. going to be discounted sometime down the road, and even if it's sold out, there's still restocking periods?

What's your fit reco? I know it's been asked a million times but I'm making it 1,000,001.

I’m a 13 in most everything Jordan and there is no way I can play in these. Just arrived and extremely tight along the fore foot. Like my feet feel relieved after taking them off from trying them on for 2 minutes.

If your foot isn’t narrow I’d say you’d want to try half a size up. Unfortunately there is no 13.5 so it looks like I’m going to skip this shoe.

I am SO glad these are sitting on shelves in Toronto. I tried it on in store at a half size up and they KILL. My feet aren't meant for them and the zoom didn't really give me much confidence.

I am SO glad these are sitting on shelves in Toronto. I tried it on in store at a half size up and they KILL. My feet aren't meant for them and the zoom didn't really give me much confidence.
Yeah same for me - very frustrating

I got an early access to the all stars via the Nike app and decided to order them. They showed up this afternoon.

Here are my first impressions:
They are nicely made and style feels very reminiscent of the early 2000s team Jordan shoes. I went with my normal Nike/JB size and the shoes are about 1/2 size long and TTS width. I have a normal width foot and the shoes are snug in the width, but in a good way. Shoes are a pain in the *** to get on. I normally don't like straps on my shoes and I really don't like the strap on these - it's thick, heavy, restrictive and the velcro seems weak. Cushioning seems okay out of the box. It doesn't feel too zoomy but I can see that getting better with break in. Traction was nice. Midsole starts out stiff and the heel counter is enormous, so heel to toe transition starts out feeling slappy. Overall, I'm going to pass on these and return them to Nike because they don't really fit my wants and needs in a shoe. I still think they are good shoes and I can see some people really liking these after they break in.

Last edited:
I tried these on a footlocker and was blown away.

The fit is snug, lockdown is great even without tying the laces tight or using the strap. Traction feels great by hand and did a couple of 'plants' lol in store and it felt solid. The outrigger is perfect (well engineered footbed). I have narrow feet but went TTS. A bit of break-in time may be needed.

Best thing was the combination of impact protection and court feel. The balance is right.

I am an ageing explosive player lol looking for that balance of court feel and impact protection. My favourite pair of kicks to ball in are the 2K4's (20+ years over 14 years) and recently the Kyrie 3 (little impact protection, but great court feel and fit). I think these are the next pair i'll copy, just waiting for a nice colourway.

These are going to be beasts on the court and at $120, its a steal.

Best performance Jordan in awhile IMO.

Seems very easy to cop the all-stars or 2 way (black white colorway) today - both released at 10 am and are still available
Did you think a non limited version of these was going to be hard to get? Outside of limited colors I always feel most regular releases you can wait for a discount on unless you like them that much. The only ones moving is the mirror image pair.

I tried these on a footlocker and was blown away.

The fit is snug, lockdown is great even without tying the laces tight or using the strap. Traction feels great by hand and did a couple of 'plants' lol in store and it felt solid. The outrigger is perfect (well engineered footbed). I have narrow feet but went TTS. A bit of break-in time may be needed.

Best thing was the combination of impact protection and court feel. The balance is right.

I am an ageing explosive player lol looking for that balance of court feel and impact protection. My favourite pair of kicks to ball in are the 2K4's (20+ years over 14 years) and recently the Kyrie 3 (little impact protection, but great court feel and fit). I think these are the next pair i'll copy, just waiting for a nice colourway.

These are going to be beasts on the court and at $120, its a steal.

Best performance Jordan in awhile IMO.

Bought these the day they came out then played in a league game that same night. Fit to me was great and I agree about the court feel. Very nice. I am also an explosive player who is getting up there in age, and these matched my playing style very well. I could make all the cuts and stops I needed to.

My favorite shoes to hoop in are the AJ 28 SE (gone/stolen), but right now my current rotation is:
- Melo M11 all-star (white/silver)
- Jordan 2012 (Tinker Hatfield special edition)
- Kobe A.D. NXT (white)

These Westbrooks are going to get added to the rotation. I have a lot of hoop worthy shoes, but only the best performers get heavy court time. The Why Not Zeros are worthy of a spot.

I got an early access to the all stars via the Nike app and decided to order them. They showed up this afternoon.

Here are my first impressions:
They are nicely made and style feels very reminiscent of the early 2000s team Jordan shoes. I went with my normal Nike/JB size and the shoes are about 1/2 size long and TTS width. I have a normal width foot and the shoes are snug in the width, but in a good way. Shoes are a pain in the *** to get on. I normally don't like straps on my shoes and I really don't like the strap on these - it's thick, heavy, restrictive and the velcro seems weak. Cushioning seems okay out of the box. It doesn't feel too zoomy but I can see that getting better with break in. Traction was nice. Midsole starts out stiff and the heel counter is enormous, so heel to toe transition starts out feeling slappy. Overall, I'm going to pass on these and return them to Nike because they don't really fit my wants and needs in a shoe. I still think they are good shoes and I can see some people really liking these after they break in.

They were definitely not as easy to put on than other sneakers I own. I wish it had a pull tab. Traction is the strong point of these shoes. Felt like I had stickum on my shoes. Very confidence inspiring. The strap didn't bother me, but lacing all the way up to the top eyelet did pinch my foot a bit. I always lace up to the highest eyelet on all my sneakers. I'll try it again to see if gets better with break in, but I might have to change that up later on. The heel counter is huge, but it didn't bother me. There was minor slap on the transition, but nothing too bad. As far as cushioning, I was expecting a little more bounce, but it's definitely adequate. Break in might make it feel bouncier, but it wasn't bad at all.

Overall, great shoe. If you could only have one shoe to play in, these would take care of you very well on the court. I feel like it has a little bit of everything I love from other shoes, but not one thing in abundance. Great all-around sneaker.

^ Aesthetically they're not the most pleasing, which is subjective.

But performance wise, these are beasts!

Back
Top Bottom