New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

05552A18-37B3-4855-B56D-B4FBCEDACDD9.jpeg
79D368CA-25EA-4472-B83B-09FF3D2CA71C.jpeg
CABB374E-79D5-418E-B163-1F482CCA283C.jpeg
F6124253-53E2-40C7-A434-19FFC5799792.jpeg

Damn it was all good til that marble grafitti sole :smh:

joex joex I never touched the 5s but these 6s feel nice to me. I've seen them get clowned in reviews but in hand I like them. The sole feels solid. The traction feels like it'll be phenomenal. The heel counter and material that goes around the shoe is hard but spongy if you push on it. It helps the shoe feel substantive but not bulky. The hard plastic inseam piece works well for me just standing in them because I overpronate. The toebox has two cloth portions that overlay and the plastic mudguard part at the front has a weird notch for style purposes that I like. Tongue is thick and nice on the front, and doing that weird sponge thing in the back that Nike has done with a lot of Air Max tongues. The pulltabs on the tongue and heel are not flimsy at all. They're surprisingly rigid. To me this shoe is great at the moment but lets see what happens after some full court runs. I actually shot around yesterday but hadn't had a chance to bring them out. #1 drawback to me will be breatheability. The tongue is mesh but then that sheath seems to keep heat in - at least just on trying them on. That works for me personally because my feet stay being ice blocks. But for some they might hate that. Lastly, it's hilarious to me that you get an extra pair of laces with these. I'll be damned if I try to relace these shoes digging all up under the sheath. You need some needle-nose pliers man :smh:

joex joex I never touched the 5s but these 6s feel nice to me. I've seen them get clowned in reviews but in hand I like them. The sole feels solid. The traction feels like it'll be phenomenal. The heel counter and material that goes around the shoe is hard but spongy if you push on it. It helps the shoe feel substantive but not bulky. The hard plastic inseam piece works well for me just standing in them because I overpronate. The toebox has two cloth portions that overlay and the plastic mudguard part at the front has a weird notch for style purposes that I like. Tongue is thick and nice on the front, and doing that weird sponge thing in the back that Nike has done with a lot of Air Max tongues. The pulltabs on the tongue and heel are not flimsy at all. They're surprisingly rigid. To me this shoe is great at the moment but lets see what happens after some full court runs. I actually shot around yesterday but hadn't had a chance to bring them out. #1 drawback to me will be breatheability. The tongue is mesh but then that sheath seems to keep heat in - at least just on trying them on. That works for me personally because my feet stay being ice blocks. But for some they might hate that. Lastly, it's hilarious to me that you get an extra pair of laces with these. I'll be damned if I try to relace these shoes digging all up under the sheath. You need some needle-nose pliers man :smh:
Appreciate the insight!

So there's a Cop/Detective show called "Will Trent" on ABC. It started this season. Not too bad of a show.

MV5BMWIyYWViYzAtNGQ0YS00YWY1LTgwYzktMzQ4NmQzYmFmYmQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxNjUyMDkx._V1_.jpg

Anyway, I'm watching it this week and the episode is called "Unable to Locate" (S1/EP7) and it's a surprisingly relevant episode about neo nazi's planning to hurt people at an anti-racism rally.

But sprinkled in there is a sneakerhead storyline. :emoji_laughing:

One of the side characters is a cop that tries to rush through a case because he's supposedly got some "hot sneaks" to pick up for his kid. And at one point they bring in a supposed reseller to interrogate about some crooked raffle her store is running :lol:

This is the supposed reseller

1677364043968.png

Surrrre buddy.

And the reseller tips them off to some sneakerhead that was in line for a drop who has info, and his nickname is...get this... "Pun'kin". Here's Pun'kin:

1677364188388.png

Needless to say, I was cracking up through this whole sneakerhead storyline because I just knew it was going to get ever better. So at the end of the episode after they catch the bad guys and wrap things up, I guess they're trying to show the side-character cop is indeed this big sneakerhead and so they have him cleaning up a pair of his kicks.

In his office at the police station. Like it's that important. And this is what he's cleaning:

1677363980375.png

As the lone person on Planet Earth that recognized the shoe based on the traction alone I cracked TF up laughing. I guess maybe the average person was supposed to be like "What shoe is that?" and when nobody, not even their sneakerhead friends knew what it was, it would be evidence that it's some super expensive mystery shoe and wow!

LMAO but we all know it's the Why Not 0.5 that not even me, the lone person on this site who buys this man's shoes, would cop.

I got a good laugh about this the last few days :lol:

:smh:

Balled in the sandstones (HTG) and liked em.

The Bright Crimson ones are available now. Great thing about these is I can afford to wait a few days until I can play in them again and evaluate the lacing situation, then grab the Bright Crimson in my size if I feel like.

If anybody else winds up playing in these, let me know what you think.

(Update - done with these, won't stay tied)

Last edited:
the-sneakers-worn-by-russell-westbrook-of-the-la-clippers-during-the-game-against-the-golden.jpg

Can't even think of the last time I saw Russ in the WN0.6's. He's just steadily playing in the One Takes. Pretty weird. I mean it's been said since the beginning by me and other people that the One Takes are just as good as the main model, but you'd think he'd at least wear the actual sig from time to time.

From what I can tell, Russ wore the 0.6s one single time, on Christmas, and that's it.

This has to be the end of the line. Sucks to see him go out this way, and I can't even stand the guy. Been mad at this dude since the OKC days, but damn he's goin out sad.

I guess contractually they’re not required to wear their last shoe lol. Pg same boat. Once Nike said they’re not renewing his signature shoe he’s been in Kobe’s and his older models. I guess the players really don’t get that much input in the design of their shoes. If it was me and I put a lot of work and insight into my own shoes I’d still wear them regardless of if I wasn’t extended. It has my name on it, I’d wear it with pride. But that’s me 🤷🏻‍♂️ with no signature shoe 😂

joex joex sorry - just saw this. This was at Foot Locker but I saw them at JD Sports yesterday. I never looked at the 5 but I tried these and like them. The cushioning has some nice bounce and the fit was completely locked in. Materials seem to be a combo of cheap and almost nice with some suedes and synthetic leather. I really like the HTG color.

the-sneakers-worn-by-russell-westbrook-of-the-la-clippers-during-the-game-against-the-golden.jpg

Can't even think of the last time I saw Russ in the WN0.6's. He's just steadily playing in the One Takes. Pretty weird. I mean it's been said since the beginning by me and other people that the One Takes are just as good as the main model, but you'd think he'd at least wear the actual sig from time to time.

From what I can tell, Russ wore the 0.6s one single time, on Christmas, and that's it.

This has to be the end of the line. Sucks to see him go out this way, and I can't even stand the guy. Been mad at this dude since the OKC days, but damn he's goin out sad.

Saw THJ in the 0.6s the other day so that's good. I'm thinking about letting go of mine cause the damn things will not stay tied. Had the same problem with previous one takes and went with the runners knot until I wore out the shoes. But there's noplace good to do that with the 0.6s. Was eyeing the one take 4s and have seen a good number of people playing in them and the black/gold pair is at fnl for $90 with coupon. Just having a hard time getting past this view

1678648905190.png

Anybody played in stuff they've gotten from FNL then did a return? duke40 duke40 have you returned played-in stuff to finish line within the return period and with no issues?

THJ playing in the .6s again and it's making me want to keep my pair and just figure out how to keep them laced the hell up. I laced em so hard one game one of my feet started to go numb. But they still came lose. Maybe I need to double not. The sucky part is right where the zipper clip thing is that holds the zipper loop in, is where the knot goes. I'm sure that's supposed to help, but when the zipper thing undoes itself, then you have to undo everything and relace. Whatever.

1678753299312.png

1678753337632.png

1678753381942.png

LMFAO!!! Before the half could even end, THJ switched out of the .6s and into some darker maize 37s :lol:

I bet he was like screw this, can't keep these damn things tied :rofl: Back these *****es go

0935B9DB-D6F7-4377-B170-0A1C1D8B3918.jpeg

Felt good from initial try on (.5 up from my initial size as my size was oddly oos). Really like this colorway but held off from scooping. I’m willing to gamble they will inevitably go on sale (although I want them now lol). Doesn’t seem like anyone is really checking for em.

JS”

0935B9DB-D6F7-4377-B170-0A1C1D8B3918.jpeg

Felt good from initial try on (.5 up from my initial size as my size was oddly oos). Really like this colorway but held off from scooping. I’m willing to gamble they will inevitably go on sale (although I want them now lol). Doesn’t seem like anyone is really checking for em.

JS”

How many games did you play? Did you have re-lacing/retying issues?

A8860964-C1AF-4644-97BB-ECDE93C99E3B.jpeg

Tried these for about two hours tonight. Gripped the floor just fine. Cushion was good. Heel lockdown was adequate. The forefoot has a bit more room than I’m used to. I prefer a jordan 36 tight fit. The shoe is good but nothing special. Nothing stood out but nothing bothered me. I guess that’s a good thing. I will try them again next week. I’ll definitely keep them in my current rotation.

Back
Top Bottom