New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

And the trolls come out

Voicing an opinion is not the definition of a troll. I expected JB to hook up Russ with a nice looking shoe, especially since he is so into fashion. These are just bland and boat-like.

Voicing an opinion is not the definition of a troll. I expected JB to hook up Russ with a nice looking shoe, especially since he is so into fashion. These are just bland and boat-like.

That makes sense. Just saying they are terrible when 4 or 5 people just said they like them seemed troll-ish, but if you don't like aesthetically that's respectable.

4F365079-A1C8-4115-A42B-591783E4FD0E.jpeg

The lockdown and cushioning on these are something special when it comes to performance basketball shoes. The extended outrigger makes cutting hard so much better. You’ll find yourself fighting to get into the lane to make hard cuts. I actually really applaud the look of these. So many basketball shoe fans today are used to the basic look of the KD’s, Kyrie’s, Kobs’s, and PG’s where the focal point of the shoe is just another boring swoosh. The design cues look generic on throws to me. The first thing you notice in all of the aforementioned shoes is the swoosh. Remember the golden age of basketball shoes? That wasn’t true case. These harken back to a more innovative period of basketball shoes. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a flynit version. If those come out it’s game over.

That makes sense. Just saying they are terrible when 4 or 5 people just said they like them seemed troll-ish, but if you don't like aesthetically that's respectable.
Being honest I thought he was talking about the looks without any more context needed. Guess I was wrong. That seems to be the one thing folks are split on. Performance wise haven't heard too much bad but looks its definitely a love it or hate it type thing going on from what I've saw IRL talking to people about them.

4F365079-A1C8-4115-A42B-591783E4FD0E.jpeg

The lockdown and cushioning on these are something special when it comes to performance basketball shoes. The extended outrigger makes cutting hard so much better. You’ll find yourself fighting to get into the lane to make hard cuts. I actually really applaud the look of these. So many basketball shoe fans today are used to the basic look of the KD’s, Kyrie’s, Kobs’s, and PG’s where the focal point of the shoe is just another boring swoosh. The design cues look generic on throws to me. The first thing you notice in all of the aforementioned shoes is the swoosh. Remember the golden age of basketball shoes? That wasn’t true case. These harken back to a more innovative period of basketball shoes. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a flynit version. If those come out it’s game over.

It'll be interesting if and how they incorporate some type of FK on this model.

IMO FK won't be as durable as the synthetic/plastic 'shroud.' During hard lateral cuts the FK may not be able to compete. I just keep thinking of Russ' lateral movements and how FK may not be suitable from that perspective. Weight savings of course is a positive of FK.

That said, he did wear that 31/32 woven FK, so who knows!

I actually like the look of these. They are polarizing for sure. Key component will be colorways. Bred looks good but I'm in for that space ship 3m or not color way. These remind me more of the Kobe's adidas did mixed with like a Jordan xx or one of those odd after year models. The design is more streamlined than those though. Still I can't see them being worn casually.

I didn't even notice that Russ mix match white pair at the ASG has an LA map on it, I thought it was the 2-way pair:lol:

I actually like the look of these. They are polarizing for sure. Key component will be colorways. Bred looks good but I'm in for that space ship 3m or not color way. These remind me more of the Kobe's adidas did mixed with like a Jordan xx or one of those odd after year models. The design is more streamlined than those though. Still I can't see them being worn casually.
I think casually with some nike or jb track pants and they would be

Finally did a quick test run on my RW ASG today. Didn’t hoop but did run some drills. Definitely a hate it look but love it performance shoe for me. Reminds me of the kobe NXT but better lock down and traction.

Played in these on Sunday ran 4 games in them. Traction, overall fit, cushioning have been treating me very well so far.

However, I know everyones feet/body type are different but the top lace loops on the lateral side/inner side of the shoe been digging into my ankle. Been feeling some bruising. I've played with the top row of laces loosened up, also with the strap a little more loose, but I find it redundant if that's how I'll have to wear them when I know its all for support/lockdown.

I kinda don't want to have to deal with any break in period, its causing some major discomfort for me. And since I hooped in them, I'm doubtful Footlocker will take these back :ohwell:

Last edited:
Played in these on Sunday ran 4 games in them. Traction, overall fit, cushioning have been treating me very well so far.

However, I know everyones feet/body type are different but the top lace loops on the lateral side/inner side of the shoe been digging into my ankle. Been feeling some bruising. I've played with the top row of laces loosened up, also with the strap a little more loose, but I find it redundant if that's how I'll have to wear them when I know its all for support/lockdown.

I kinda don't want to have to deal with any break in period, its causing some major discomfort for me. And since I hooped in them, I'm doubtful Footlocker will take these back :ohwell:

2nd time is always better :wink:

I had the same problem as you on both ankles and I've worn them twice. I'm really hoping it won't continue to happen because it definitely takes away from what is truly a VERY good basketball shoe! Again, hopefully it's a break in period because I want the Cotton's!

Thicker/higher socks?

How's everyone dealing with breathability?

I wore Nike NBA quick socks when I played, so a pretty good sock, but I'll look at the Stance once and maybe they'll offer a little more cushion around there. Good suggestion, I'll be trying something!

Breathability, no doubt they holding it in more than others. I'm just dealing with what ever it is and making sure to let them air dry.

Seriously.

Got my pair today, and they even survived the bag of death. My only complaint is that the laces are about 9 feet long :lol:

Lol. I have no complaints. I just tuck them under the strap and call it a day. I’ve have 1 balling session with the ASG color way. I want to say this made it to my number 1 spot in rotation. Truly a performance beast. And for that price? It’s a no brainer. I had a bunch of guys clowning me how ugly they were. I personally don’t care. Either way, they quiet down once I crossed them over nasty. Lol

Lol. I have no complaints. I just tuck them under the strap and call it a day. I’ve have 1 balling session with the ASG color way. I want to say this made it to my number 1 spot in rotation. Truly a performance beast. And for that price? It’s a no brainer. I had a bunch of guys clowning me how ugly they were. I personally don’t care. Either way, they quiet down once I crossed them over nasty. Lol
Nah they still polarizing whether you crossed them up or not. As long as you like them that's all that should matters. You almost sounding like a dude with a ugly girl with the she can cook stuff lol. That's cool still don't change the opinion of her. It's all good though man just messing with you because I know some folks read stuff in tones it's not so just wanted to make it clear.

Nah they still polarizing whether you crossed them up or not. As long as you like them that's all that should matters. You almost sounding like a dude with a ugly girl with the she can cook stuff lol. That's cool still don't change the opinion of her. It's all good though man just messing with you because I know some folks read stuff in tones it's not so just wanted to make it clear.

Lol. None taken. I’m way passed my prime. But it does feel good when you cross a Youngblood and talk a little smack back. I rarely talk on the court too. Just sometimes I had to let out some playful banter. Crossed him then asked him how he like the ugly shoes upon closer inspection.

Lol. None taken. I’m way passed my prime. But it does feel good when you cross a Youngblood and talk a little smack back. I rarely talk on the court too. Just sometimes I had to let out some playful banter. Crossed him then asked him how he like the ugly shoes upon closer inspection.
I know that feeling myself just not usually over sneakers but whatever motivation you can use use it my man. Don't show the young cats no mercy lol

Back
Top Bottom