New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn

Yeah, it's already starting. Everyone I talk to is starting to scoff at these prices in big cities. 10 years ago? Shh.. even 5 years ago people wanted to be in the major markets, NY, SF, LA.

Now? Everyone I speak with (young, objectively and relatively successful, educated) all want to go to tertiary cities. Austin, Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Minneapolis etc.....

The problem is these cities got too full of themselves, prices correct themselves over time. Also these other cities are starting to put in the same traits that made the primary markets attractive....Restaurants, bars, other young educated folks etc...

Last edited:
If your talking about moving to South Florida. It’s going to happen. If you chose Miami, good luck.

Montana is cool to visit. I don’t think I could live there.

Salt Lake City would be dope if it wasn’t in weird *** Utah.

Sick of everything here

18k for taxes on my apt
2k a month maintenance
600 a month to park
12 percent of my pay goes to NYS and NYC
Prices so ridic wherever you go.

Im over this place.

Been looking for a job with around the same pay elsewhere. But not gonna move from one big city to another like LA.

Sick of everything here

18k for taxes on my apt
2k a month maintenance
600 a month to park
12 percent of my pay goes to NYS and NYC
Prices so ridic wherever you go.

Im over this place.

Been looking for a job with around the same pay elsewhere. But not gonna move from one big city to another like LA.

Word, outa state clowns don’t understand actually how expensive it is here. 6k is absolutely nothing. South fl is cheap compared to nyc, anything is except SF, and Hong Kong, and other international cities.

People don’t understand everyone my kid goes to school with, public school, makes 400k plus. You ain’t rich here until 2 million or more a year: why you think most of your favorite rappers move to NJ? Most can’t afford anything other than absolute ****.

Ever watch Love and Hiphop, NYC? How many actually live in the city? Should be called love and hip hop NJ.

Equityapartments.com

My ****ty *** building is on there 6k a month for 2 bedroom.

Word, outa state clowns don’t understand actually how expensive it is here. 6k is absolutely nothing. South fl is cheap compared to nyc, anything is except SF, and Hong Kong, and other international cities.

People don’t understand everyone my kid goes to school with, public school, makes 400k plus. You ain’t rich here until 2 million or more a year: why you think most of your favorite rappers move to NJ? Most can’t afford anything other than absolute ****.

Ever watch Love and Hiphop, NYC? How many actually live in the city? Should be called love and hip hop NJ.

Equityapartments.com

My ****ty *** building is on there 6k a month for 2 bedroom.

South Florida is not cheap. People need to stop spreading this lie

South Florida is not cheap. People need to stop spreading this lie
Yea you are wrong. Expensive for you maybe, expensive for me, absolutely not.

I’ve looked. 1 million I get dope *** shut in ft lauderdale. Difference is you think 1 millionnis expensive, I think it’s cheap.

In nyc honestly you need at least 2.3 million or so. In fl, minimum is 800k, 1 million and you are good. Again y’all don’t know what expensive is, 1 million is nothing.

These dudes are doing it wrong. Paying a ton and complaining when they can live in Queens, 30 mins away by train and pay 1600-2000 for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.

It’s like a badge of honor I guess. That’s like me dropping 6 racks a month to live on lake Minnetonka in a condo with a boat then saying it’s too expensive.

These dudes are doing it wrong. Paying a ton and complaining when they can live in Queens, 30 mins away by train and pay 1600-2000 for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment.
Yea, work 15 hour days and have your kids go to public school in queens, yea ok. Unless it’s bayside and bayside doesn’t even have a subway.

Lol at folks comparing Minneapolis to nyc.

You can get places in the city for like 3-4K too. This 6-7k stuff is nonsense. You wanna live in a luxury neighborhood that’s your decision. Smartest move is to live in either the Bronx if you have to work uptown, Queens if you’re working midtown, or Brooklyn if you’re working downtown. There’s plenty of affordable apartments in those areas but dudes wanna stunt and come off as martyrs. No ones telling you to pay a mortgage for a one bedroom apartment.

Alot of people leave NYC to save up. Then end up coming back 2-5 years later.
Rinse cycle repeat. When you come back in 5 years rents/properties are even higher unless you moving back to the boondocks of NY. If you couldnt afford Manhattan in 2014 you damn sure can't afford it in 2019.

You can get places in the city for like 3-4K too. This 6-7k stuff is nonsense. You wanna live in a luxury neighborhood that’s your decision. Smartest move is to live in either the Bronx if you have to work uptown, Queens if you’re working midtown, or Brooklyn if you’re working downtown. There’s plenty of affordable apartments in those areas but dudes wanna stunt and come off as martyrs. No ones telling you to pay a mortgage for a one bedroom apartment.

Bronx yea, lol, I have kids that go to public school.

I know people from here who go work in ny and come back but not the other way around...

3-4K is still stupid though... i know i’d only make like 5 more an hour if I moved out there and did the same thing for work, I’ve checked the pay :lol:

But like 1600-2000 isn’t bad

On an average salary, you could save much more in a different city. Putting away a couple thousand a month goes a long way. Inflation or not.

People come back after saving up. Also because most other cities are just boring af.

I’m in Columbus, Oh now. Prices are relatively low in many areas with many companies in the area, but can very boring at times.

Back
Top Bottom