New York City is edging toward financial disaster, experts warn

Bronx yea, lol, I have kids that go to public school.
Schools are trash. I’ll give you that. But gentrification is heading there. Got a dude I work with who was thinking about buying a 3 bedroom co op, 3000 sq feet for 500k. Plenty of deals to be had.

If it’s that bad why stay? Sounds pretty trash to me.

Little different for me. I am born and raised in Downtown Manhattan. This is all I have ever known. I am not a transplant. Was here when in my neighborhood here in Chelsea you did not want to be out late at night and all you saw roaming the streets at those hours were hookers both women and men dressed as women. Meatpacking district was literal here (pause).

Family still lives a few blocks away, and its not easy for me to up and leave my parents. My girl knows how close I am with them and to sell my apartment and leave them would be hard. Plus soon we want to have a kid and my parents being able to walk to my apartment to take care of the little one would be so clutch. Like im not tryin to spend 20-30k a yr on daycare when the only people I would really trust with my kid would be my parents. A lot of things I gotta take into consideration before up and leaving.

Do I complain about the prices of everything? Yes but this is my home town and I never left, not even for college.

I hear you, you gotta think of that too when you have kids.

I’d be struggling if it wasn’t for my mom helping me with my daughter when I’m at work and what not.

Sounds like you’re doing alright, but yeah those HOA fees and everything are crazy.

It’s funny how that works, same thing here. There were spots you didn’t go at night at fiends and hookers everywhere. Now they are full of condos and axe bars.

Yea you are wrong. Expensive for you maybe, expensive for me, absolutely not.

I’ve looked. 1 million I get dope *** shut in ft lauderdale. Difference is you think 1 millionnis expensive, I think it’s cheap.

In nyc honestly you need at least 2.3 million or so. In fl, minimum is 800k, 1 million and you are good. Again y’all don’t know what expensive is, 1 million is nothing.

Do you even know what our main industry is in south Florida? What do you do for a living? And you’re aware that most of of population down here is New Yorkers, etc? Therefore, the price and ideologies are the same?

For about $200,000 you can get a 2 story home in Houston, TX. $200,000 here? You’re in the hood.
Again “1 million is nothing” but, what do you do for a living? Some of you speak on price point but don’t even acknowledge the price point. Most of the millionaires in South Florida are retirees :lol: :rofl:

Which means they made money ELSEWHERE :lol:

And I OWN my home. And lastly, my other relatives down here OWN their homes for too. No mortgage, just property taxes :rofl:

You’d be STUPID to buy a million dollar home in South Florida because your probably won’t have acreage. Now in the panhandle or central Florida? A million goes a long way.

People like you want a million dollar home with no acreage. Neighbors literally stacked on top of you. That’s silly. A million plus should provide you space, not crammed in with everyone else.

Last edited:
I see more non New Yorkers in ENY now ‘they’ arent Scared of any hood. That’s because our people don’t mess with them, they would test another brother before a foreign subject in their hood

And they so polite to these newcomers. Quick to get over a fellow neighbor who actually loves and appreciation the hood they live in.

Do you even know when our main industry is in south Florida? What do you do for a living? And you’re aware that most of of population down here is New Yorkers, etc? Therefore, the price and ideologies are the same?

For about $200,000 you can get a 2 story home in Houston, TX. $200,000 here? You’re in the hood.
Again “1 million is nothing” but, what do you do for a living? Some of you speak on price point but don’t even acknowledge the price point. Most of the millionaires in South Florida are retirees :lol: :rofl:

And I OWN my home. And lastly, my other relatives down here OWN their homes for too. No mortgage, just property taxes :rofl:

You’d be STUPID to buy a million dollar home in South Florida because your probably won’t have acreage. Now in the panhandle or central Florida? A million goes a long way.

People like you want a million dollar home with no acreage. Neighbors literally stacked on top of you. That’s silly. A million plus should provide you space, not crammed in with everyone else.

My family lives in ft Meyers and Jacksonville.

It’s a night and day difference. I don’t even know anyone from fl in ft Meyers. :lol:

Everyone in Jacksonville is from there with the exception of the military people. Houses are waaaaaay cheaper too. My aunt built a house on the St. John’s river for less than 300k 10 years ago.

You also gotta be in healthcare to make good money in Florida.

Do you even know what our main industry is in south Florida? What do you do for a living? And you’re aware that most of of population down here is New Yorkers, etc? Therefore, the price and ideologies are the same?

I’m a consultant, I could theoretically live anywhere. Acreage? Lol. At the end of the day I’m a city guy, buildings, with no maintenance for me. Who wants acres in 2019? This ain’t little house on the prairie. Again 1 million is why it takes in south Florida, I don’t know anywhere where 200k gets you ****. Even in Texas I wouldn’t spend 200k. I’d just spend 800k I’m texas, 1 million in Florida, and over 2 million in nyc. Lol at guys thinking Florida costs bread. Come to nyc. Rest of the country is nothing we compete with Hong Kong not fl.

And they so polite to these newcomers. Quick to get over a fellow neighbor who actually loves and appreciation the hood they live in.

I don’t know eny still hood even by Detroit standards. I do see white broads running around qb which is funny. Obviously they don’t runt though the projects but I see them running around it.

I’m a consultant, I could theoretically live anywhere. Acreage? Lol. At the end of the day I’m a city guy, buildings, with no maintenance for me. Who wants acres in 2019? This ain’t little house on the prairie. Again 1 million is why it takes in south Florida, I don’t know anywhere where 200k gets you ****. Even in Texas I wouldn’t spend 200k. I’d just spend 800k I’m texas, 1 million in Florida, and over 2 million in nyc. Lol at guys thinking Florida costs bread. Come to nyc. Rest of the country is nothing we compete with Hong Kong not fl.

Land never depreciates unless there is a plague or war or something.

Give me all the acres.

Yeah, you’re not to bright. I can own ACRES of land build real estate, grow crops, build plazas or warehouses and make someone like YOU rent it out or buy a home off of it... :lol: :rofl:.

Thanks for giving someone like me your money

Gonna get ugly when they can start asking for the rent

When the moratorium on evictions expired in Oklahoma, they sent police out to serve eviction papers. Seemed like overkill, but I never heard anything else about it so maybe people acted right. Gonna be crazy of they do that in NY.

Back
Top Bottom