New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how do you trade a HOF type talent for this package? they wanted him more than you wanted to trade him....1st 2nd 3rd and peppers would have been have gotten this done.....since THEY wanted him so bad.....

why did they even sign him last year, they look foolish.....they will look even more foolish if they dont draft QB

i'm not so much mad for the trade as i really think OBJ would have not been happy with barkley being the face of the franchise for next 9 years.....and i think engram/shep/coleman getting share of OBJ targets would be good weapons......also plain in simple......dont see many teams with HOF talent winning super bowls.....it can be done for sure....but doesnt mean jack if you dont have complete team.....our poor reese drafts left us with SO MANY holes on this team its insane.....wish we got that 2nd pick also........

not the same kind of return but how did cowboys do trading H.Walker......teams need to make that type of trade when you have so many holes.....

sucks to see OBJ go, never seen a talent on our offense that GREAT before him...when he was on the field he was something to watch....hope he does great in Cleveland and we hit on these picks.....GM needs to just handle draft duties....everything else he sucks at

Last edited:
I hate Dave Gettleman. Cheap punk.

I hate the Maras, Shurmur, and this org. I'm selling my PSLs, just gonna take the loss on them. I know how Marlins fans feel now, paid for their stadium and got fcked by ownership's incompetence and big egos. I'm not giving them a $ for this garbage tho. Dont care about the draft anymore, watch them take Daniel Jones w/ 6

cant believe they traded the best wr for nothing smh... we actually had a decent squad with obj and barkley... just need to draft haskins and trust the process...they really took it to heart how obj trashed the team and eli in that one interview

cant believe they traded the best wr for nothing smh... we actually had a decent squad with obj and barkley... just need to draft haskins and trust the process...they really took it to heart how obj trashed the team and eli in that one interview

Gettlemen still said they wasn't gonna trade after that. This literally makes no sense. Not only do you trade a homegrown great player but you trade him for the 17th pick?

Unless they know something about his ankle or a drug test, It's one of the worse trades ever.

I hate the Maras, Shurmur, and this org. I'm selling my PSLs, just gonna take the loss on them. I know how Marlins fans feel now, paid for their stadium and got fcked by ownership's incompetence and big egos. I'm not giving them a $ for this garbage tho. Dont care about the draft anymore, watch them take Daniel Jones w/ 6
I’m doing the same. Selling my tickets on stub hub. I’m hottt

guys its not just 17 pick, its also peppers who was a first round pick and 3rd round pick......the key for the giants is hitting on these 3.....if they play at pro bowl level was the trade good? hell yea as WE NEED PLAYERS.....
what if we get franchise QB or stud LB at 17 and great RT with 3rd round pick.......
gotta be real guys this team is further away than the browns....think about that...the giants have less talent than the browns....where do you think this team was going with this roster?
i say draft best player at 6 and start year with eli then bench him if we start off 1-4

wish the return was 5 for 1 rather than 3-1....fell like our GM doesnt understand having the upper hand....the BROWNS WANTED AND NEEDED OBJ BAD BAD......we could have traded him for lot more for sure

i feel like browns GM played out GM big time.....smart move to trade their over priced guard Zeitler for OV before this trade....if they talked OBJ trade a week ago, giants would ahve wanted their rookie guard in package.....instead browns unload Zeitler and get to cut OV next year with no hit and then get to use saving in free agency next year....their GM is MAKING SMART MOVES

guys its not just 17 pick, its also peppers who was a first round pick and 3rd round pick......the key for the giants is hitting on these 3.....if they play at pro bowl level was the trade good? hell yea as WE NEED PLAYERS.....
what if we get franchise QB or stud LB at 17 and great RT with 3rd round pick.......
gotta be real guys this team is further away than the browns....think about that...the giants have less talent than the browns....where do you think this team was going with this roster?
i say draft best player at 6 and start year with eli then bench him if we start off 1-4
Peppers suckssss

A ****in 1 and a 3. I wouldn’t have done anything less than a 1 and 1. I would have stood by that the whole time. 1 and 3 is crazy. Someone said the 49ers offered us a better deal. That better not be true.

Gettleman gotta go.

^doubt 9ers offered us their 2nd pick overall and 1st or even 2nd.....then it would be insane for us to pass on that.....INSANE

9ers 2nd and 2nd round pick? NOW THATS A HAUL....no chance 9ers offered that, if i was owner and i heard about that offer after the fact....i'd have gettlemen thrown in jail

guys its not just 17 pick, its also peppers who was a first round pick and 3rd round pick......

Even if you try to dress it up the best thing they got was the 17th pick for one the best players in the league. They coulda got way more last year before they paid him. You pay him then turn around and trade him for 17th pick and some scraps. There's no way to justify that.

If we take this 17th pick and trade it for Rosen.......I might be done with this team until everyone is fired. **** this GM, **** Mara, **** Tisch and **** the entire coaching staff

I heard OBJ getting his contract reworked too

The league is laughing at us. That's how bad it is, everyone is laughing. We got robbed, ****in robbed. What a dumb *** ****in trade. How the **** did Mara even approve of this ****. SMH
Jabril ****ing peppers. We traded Odell for a dude Hugh Jackson drafted smfh

I don't hate Peppers, give me 1 and 1 and Peppers.

Rosen in NY is such a disaster. People hated OBJ, Rosen is 10x worse.

peppers haters....dude is 23 and good.....seems to be ranked highly by PFF
https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/erry-2018/12/d06f0eb26d4205/jabrill-peppers-why-his-hard-l.html
good read on his improvement from rookie year to year 2.....seems like we traded for 2 first round picks and 3rd rounder.....if we hit on these picks.....we did well

how about we trade that 3rd round pick for rosen and we fill another hole on this team....defense at 6 and 17?? yup i like sound of it...

It's admirable that u can somehow still be positive, but even if you consider him to be an above avg safety, with the 21m we are paying Odell the next 2 years, 21m that the Browns are saving, we couldve just signed a $10m safety. He'd have to outperform that plus his salary over the next 2 yrs (3.2), and be better than a 12m/yr safety for us to say that we even got back 17 overall and a 3rd rder in this trade. So if Jabril manages to play at a pro bowl level, only then did we actually get back 17 and a 3 for Odell, bc we gave up 21 mil.

The Raiders got killed for giving Khalil Mack for a similar trade, but they also got another 1 for a 2 (close to a 2 in value). AND they didnt have to pay 21m of Mack's contract like we do. Brock Osweiller's 16m was traded for the 35th pick in the draft, and we're giving up 21. It can't be understated how bad of a trade this is for the Giants.

By inexplicably keeping him one year and structuring the contract this way even if Gettleman wanted to trade him, you could argue he traded Odell and a 35 for 17, a 3rd rder, and Jabril Peppers. We are getting very little in return and if the plan was to trade him all along there was no reason to structure the contract the way it was. It really makes me think Gettleman either doesn't know what he's doing, or that he and the team decided to trade him midseason last year and were desperate to do it no matter the cost this offseason.

I think Gettleman was telling the truth, they didn't sign him to trade him. because no idiot would sign someone and pay 21m of his contract to trade him

Back
Top Bottom