New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read online and heard on TV a few people think the Giants want Haskins. They said the interview went well and they’re trying to send smoke screens so he can fall to us at 6.

The team and GM are dumb enough for people to believe that we don’t want him so I hope this is true and we get him at 6.
I hope so. Wouldn’t mind us trading up for Kyler either.

I hope so. Wouldn’t mind us trading up for Kyler either.

It’s over for Kyler, not happening. AZ wants him and we would have to give up something crazy to get him. I’m cool with Haskins at 6. Would love Kyler but it ain’t possible.

It’s over for Kyler, not happening. AZ wants him and we would have to give up something crazy to get him. I’m cool with Haskins at 6. Would love Kyler but it ain’t possible.
I don’t believe the Kyler to AZ hype until they trade Rosen.

They can’t trade him now, it’s smarter to wait until the draft when teams panic and offer more than they should. I think teams are ready to trade now but AZ is making them sweat it.
Cardinals are super dumb to use first round picks in back to back years on quarterbacks.

Listening to Gettle on the radio now.

He said he won’t reach to fill a position. He refuses to, it’s never a good move. So I don’t think he drafting a QB at 17 cause all the other QBs are a huge reach at 17 but he’s lied to us a few times already so who knows.

Also said Shep will play outside and he played outside last season so they’re all gonna move around.

Said who was the last star in NY to get traded while in his prime? Francesca said Seaver, Gettle said bingo. Now Mike is saying he was traded because of issues behind closed doors. Gettle said no; that’s not what happened here. Hahahahaha, this guy is a bozo.

i agree, cards are dumb to give up on rosen so fast....drafting murray and trading rosen has to work for all involved or their careers are over.....if rosen becomes star for another team and murray is a bust you're part of the worst trade in history.....no coming back from that.......the cards didnt send the GM to see murray.....people may be too quick to assume the GM and coach are on same page about the QB.....OR maybe GM saw enough that rosen doesnt have IT. i think thats what happened with giants with webb....they just didnt see IT.....rosen had to deal with his entire line getting hurt and lost his coordinator midway through season.......

hearing gettlemen today sounds to me if the QB they like is there at 6 they will take him if not they are ok with drafting best guys at 6 and 17......he clearly doesnt blame eli on the giants issues last year.....hes right not to, they see the game film better than us....they see every play over and over again, they see when and Olinemen fails so bad it destroys the play.....they see when a WR is supposed to curl to sideline at 15 yards and he does it 17 yards and it costs the QB an int...that first cowboys game was the worst performance by a giants line i have ever seen. last season first 8 games pass blocking was ranked 31st.....i'm sorry but if anyone thinks brady gets this team to playoffs they are lost.....go watch the few games brady played bad last year, he looked horrible when he had no time....but of course their great Oline coach got them to improve.....their oline coach is so great he got the LT for past 2 season on pats combined 150 mil and they never made a pro bowl....

last time giants had an above avg line was 2012 when they went 12-4......haters will say what do you want all pros allover the Line?!? you had barkley and OBJ last year!......all pros nope but when your Oline is 40% of the guys on the field if that unit is WELL BELOW AVG that offense is not going to DO ANYTHING........cowboys had a down year for their Oline, allowed tons of sacks yet they ranked 14th by PFF...

i'd take 5 avg and above avg linemen over pro bowl WR any day....how did Nelson help out the colts line? they were bottom of NFL then they get him and PFF ranks them 4th!

with healthy line and new improved RG & RT....i don't think this offense will be a joke....

people seem to forget the team no one thought would win the division, skins were leading until smith got hurt.

LETS GO!
Giants 11-5

Last edited:
Giants better not trade for Rosen. AND WE BETTER NOT GIVE UP A 2 FOR HIM! Trading the 37th pick for him is a joke. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

why not? rosen for 2nd would be a bit high rather give 3rd and 4th.....i'd be down to trade 2nd for rosen and 3rd round pick.......the problem is the giants would be foolish to have rosen ride bench to start season....i'd rather throw him out there with improved line and see what he can do....if he fails high pick and hes gone......

1. he was a rookie. 2. his line was bad and injured.

the question is do the giants have rosen rated higher than haskins....if they do its a slam dunk....if they have haskins higher rated then they should draft haskins......

perfect world we get RT and pass rusher in round 1 and trade for Rosen who could be a franchise QB.....i don't get why not take the risk...he fell to 10 last year and for us to get him for a 2nd round pick year later when we have 2 first round picks to me would be a great move.

2 and 3?!? You might be worse than Gettleman

I’m not trading much for him, I’m not a fan. Guy got head injuries and the attitude of Ryan Leaf. We make this trade, Gettle will be gone REAL soon

I’d do a 4, I rather have Haskins. Better arm and attitude.

^^^give up our 2nd and get their 3rd back which is first pick of 3rd round.....still plenty talent around top pick in 3rd round...........id try my best to not give up 2nd round pick but if we had to for rosen i'm all for....dude was 10 pick year ago

i'm all for haskins.....if giants rank him higher than rosen....lets face it we are not the experts.....they are...gettlemen has had good drafts.......

for me getting 2 starters in first round(hopefully they are legit and not busts like flowers!) then taking a gamble that rosen can be franchise QB is the best move IF they rate rosen highly....

i think it is very likely giants have rosen ranked ahead of all these 19 QBs and if they do they better pull the trigger and get him and not watch pats get their franchise QB for next 15 years......don't want to be like dolphins fans still crying about their team failing to get brees.......risk is worth the reward here folks.......if giants have rosen rated closely with haskins you can argue the greater risk is drafting haskins at 6 rather than trading 2nd round pick for rosens.....

Last edited:
I like that we paid Sterling, he’s solid but it makes this Golden sighing even more confusing. I have no clue what this team is doing.

Should have signed Demaryius Thomas for cheap instead of Golden

Last edited:
Yea I'm happy w/ the deal, we paid him pretty much what is in line with other #2 receivers these days. Adam humphries got 4/36, Tyler Lockett 3/32, Crowder 3/28.5. A solid #2/slot will cost 9-11 million and that's all we paid. With odell being out and his targets going up this year, we might have paid even more if he had a big season this year. The tate deal, I think they just wanted to get a guy who fits the type of player they want in their clubhouse. Maybe getting him also helps out Coleman and Lattimer.

Only 2 weeks away from the draft and I have no idea what I want. I like Haskins as a person and think he's the best QB prospect in this draft besides Kyler, but he doesn't have many outstanding traits and I don't think it's a no brainer decision if someone who's bound to be a pro bowl edge rusher or tackle is there. He looks like a solid, B to B+ player that you can win with if u have the right team around him, and hopefully he can improve, but if Josh allen or Q fall, you definitely cant take him ahead of them. But tbh, I'm just a fan watching a few games, it's hard for me to really know if he is a legit franchise QB from just that, and it's not an exact science anyway.

The only strong feelings I have about the draft are that I don't believe in Rashan Gary and his 3.5 sacks to take him at 6, and I don't want Drew Lock at all, even at 37

like the giants schedule...forgot we play AFC east this year...plus tampa, cards, lions.....

If we beat dallas week one i don't think we drop below 500 all season......10-6.....i really like getting philly last game at home....hopefully that game means something and we get a win vs these guys.

Week 1: at Dallas Cowboys, Sept 8, 4:25 p.m.

Week 2: vs. Buffalo Bills, Sept. 15, 1 p.m.

Week 3: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sept. 22, 4:05 p.m.

Week 4: vs. Washington ********, Sept. 29, 1 p.m.

Week 5: vs. Minnesota Vikings, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.

Week 6: at New England Patriots (Thursday night), Oct. 10, 8:20 p.m.

Week 7: vs. Arizona Cardinals, Oct. 20, 1 p.m.

Week 8: at Detroit Lions, Oct. 27, 1 p.m.

Week 9: vs. Dallas Cowboys (Monday night), Nov. 4, 8:15 p.m.

Week 10: at New York Jets, Nov. 10, 1 p.m.

Week 11: Bye

Week 12: at Chicago Bears, Nov. 24, 1 p.m.

Week 13: vs. Green Bay Packers, Dec. 1, 1 p.m.

Week 14: at Philadelphia Eagles (Monday night), Dec. 9, 8:15 p.m.

Week 15: vs. Miami Dolphins, Dec. 15, 1 p.m.

Week 16: at Washington ********, Dec. 22, 1 p.m.

Week 17: vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Dec. 29, 1 p.m.

Last edited:
I can see 8/8 maybe 9-7 .... if Eli has any protection ... 10 is a possibility .... nfc east games are mostly 50/50... let’s say they win 2 of those .... they beat 3 in the afc east ... that’s 5 wins .... with winnable Games lions /cards/bucks ....

Listening to Gettleman talk scares the **** out of me. He's ****in lost for real. I expect the Giants to **** the bed at 6 and 17.

Back
Top Bottom