[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Khalil is a good dude.

I got to see a couple innings...all I know is we had 3 guys walk in one inning (I think F Mart, Reyes & Wright) and Delgado & Beltran proceeded tostrike out, Church flew out. Sounds like we're back on track.

LOL @ Keith dropping the F-bomb.
laugh.gif

<http://www.multichannel.com/article/189360-SNY_To_Take_First_Swing_With_MVP_Enhancement_System.php

SNY To Take First Swing With MVP Enhancement System

Mets Games Will Showcase Magnify, Flow Motion, Pitch Differential Features

Mike Reynolds -- Multichannel News, 3/2/2009 2:00:57 PM MT

The New York Mets will play in new digs at Citifield this season,but that won't be the only think fresh for the Amazins in 2009.

Executives at SNY, which is scheduled to televise 125 Mets regular-season games this campaign, say it will become the first regional sports network to field the MVP sports enhancement system -- a new in-game application -- provided by Orad Hi-Tec Systems.

This new system will allow SNY and its on-air team to enhance the game story with post-production capabilities in real time. With this new technology, SNY will incorporate five new features into its 2009 Mets telecasts: SNY magnify, flow motion, pitch differential and speed and distance trackers.

SNY magnify will not only hyper-zoom over the magnified area, but it will move with the player or object as the clip is played. SNY will be able to use this enhancement for plays at any base, a hit batsman, a ball near the foul pole or outfield wall. For example, on a close pickoff play at first base, the ball, glove and foot or hand of the runner can be magnified and followed into the bag.

With flow motion, SNY analysts Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez can dissect a pitcher's motion or batter's swing through overlays on repeated plays that will identify patters over the course of a ballgame.

The regional's pitch differential feature will illustrate a sequence by zooming in to where a catcher sets up, where the ball finishes and the point of contact with the bat.

As for the speed and distance trackers, SNY will be able to trace the speeds and distances of players on the base paths or in the outfield, as well as on balls that are pitched, hit or thrown by the fielders.

In addition, SNY will throw the first pitch out on a new, true HD, state-of-the-art graphics package that will unify the Mets brand. This new graphics package will be implemented on the network's in-game coverage, pre- and post-game shows, Mets magazine programming and SNY's minor league coverage of the Brooklyn Cyclones and Buffalo Bisons.

That MVP system sounds like it could be real ill, so does the HD graphics package. I just hope they're already working the kinks out or we could end upwatching an experiment every game (aside from what's on the field).

the mets let oliver play in the wbc? i coulda swore i read a report that the mets were not gonna let/want em to go. but nonetheless
pimp.gif

.....and then there were 3 candidates for the 5th spot.
laugh.gif

If Livan has another solid outing he'll probably be the 5th starter when the season starts until Redding gets healthy.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

.....and then there were 3 candidates for the 5th spot.
laugh.gif

If Livan has another solid outing he'll probably be the 5th starter when the season starts until Redding gets healthy.
laugh.gif
I take it Garcia is not looking good ?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

My copy of MLB the Show came in. Who else got it?

Is there anything different? I just played the demo, and all the hitting/pitching/baserunning was the same. Graphics improved a bit.

^^^Pix? Of the cap that is...

Team looks nice so far, but Spring Training doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

My copy of MLB the Show came in. Who else got it?

Is there anything different? I just played the demo, and all the hitting/pitching/baserunning was the same. Graphics improved a bit.
None. Graphics are awesome but the gameplay is practically the same. I can't hit to save my life and cutting off balls in the outfield isharder than it should be. My biggest beef is the rosters, the update is practically useless since it doesn't even put Ollie on the Mets.

Johan looked like he was in mid-season form today with hose cutters, damn.

I seriously have enough all royal blue fitteds.
laugh.gif

One with an ASG patch, a regular one, one with an orange brim....now I need the one with the patch.

It was cool seeing Wilmer Flores play SS today, nice level swing esp on that double.

Pretty dope to see the Mets down 8-4 and Nick Evans just rock one deep to left to tie it with the bases loaded in the 8th, and then a GW walk-off in the9th.....makes spring training games at least exciting to watch.

SI.com reports that the Mets have expressed interest in Pedro but Omar still states
that he wants to fill the 5th spot in house. the problem with that is that Redding
has been shut down, Garcia will take a while to work his arm into shape,
and Neise is still a young kid. yes Pedro has the velocity but he pitched poorly down the stretc
with his lack of control and low innings....but despite that you have to explore
that option because even Livan has been up and down. with Duaner gone either Livan or Redding would
make great long relief options out of the pen.

on a side note Murphy has been great as i expected, the kid can just flat
out hit i would be shocked if he hits less than .275-.290. when you are
brought up and can drive the outside pitch to the opposite field gap,
and recognize strikes and balls early....you are a .300 hitter (word to BT).

i still lold when Steve Phillips said on espn radio that he likes murphy but he wont hit more than .250.
there is a reason he works for espn and is out of baseball....sure he can draft well but hes an idiot.

^^^^I absolutely can't stand whenever Steve Phillips opens his mouth. That guy was a joke of a GM.

Back
Top Bottom