[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

I like Steve Phillips, but he's almost the Peter Vescey of baseball. I hope we resign Pedro. That's a guy we really could use.

"The 25-year-old Pelfrey opens the season as the No. 2 man in the rotation behind Santana. Though seven inches taller than Santana, Pelfrey doesn't overpower hitters with his size. Instead, the former first-round pick relies on his command to succeed. "
Hmmm....what are these douchbags basing this on. He throws his sinkerball pitch in the mid 90s that's not over-powering?

Or perhaps they are basing it on his 110 K's in 200IP......last time I checked you don't need strikeouts to be an over-powering pitcher (pitchers withgreat change ups rack up the high strikeouts). For a siuker ball pitcher, he is over-powering.

Just some LOL material for the day.

I am excited about Pelfrey, He has a 2.77 this spring. Maine however, thats the dude I am worried about. Gives up like 4 runs in 5 innings every time. :/

Maine really hasn't pitched in a WHILE though he is still trying to figure things out post-surgery. The guy is still relatively young so I'm sure hewill be fine this season if he stays healthy. Problem is he used to get hitters to chase that high fastball out of the strikezone for K's, now hitters arelaying off that pitch nowadays so he needs to mix things up more.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's off to a slow start, although today he said he figured some things out (take that with a grain of salt).

On a side note, looks like Livan will be the 5th starter. Garcia accepted his assignment to AAA, and Redding will be the long man out of the pen (or 5thstarter when Livan runs out of gas).

ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about half the time. I couldn't care any less what they think about Pelf or the Mets overall.

It will be interesting to see what Pelf does following a pretty solid year.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Maine really hasn't pitched in a WHILE though he is still trying to figure things out post-surgery. The guy is still relatively young so I'm sure he will be fine this season if he stays healthy. Problem is he used to get hitters to chase that high fastball out of the strikezone for K's, now hitters are laying off that pitch nowadays so he needs to mix things up more.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's off to a slow start, although today he said he figured some things out (take that with a grain of salt).

On a side note, looks like Livan will be the 5th starter. Garcia accepted his assignment to AAA, and Redding will be the long man out of the pen (or 5th starter when Livan runs out of gas).

Yep...more details "The Mets told reporters today that Freddy Garcia has accepted an assignment to minor-league camp. "I'm glad he's going tostay with us and try to work things out," Mets Assistant GM John Ricco said, adding Garcia will initially report to minor-league camp, and then eithertravel to Buffalo for Triple-A or stay in St. Lucie for extended spring training. In other news, congratulations, Livan Hernandez, for essentially be named theteam's fifth starter."

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Maine really hasn't pitched in a WHILE though he is still trying to figure things out post-surgery. The guy is still relatively young so I'm sure he will be fine this season if he stays healthy. Problem is he used to get hitters to chase that high fastball out of the strikezone for K's, now hitters are laying off that pitch nowadays so he needs to mix things up more.

On a side note, looks like Livan will be the 5th starter. Garcia accepted his assignment to AAA, and Redding will be the long man out of the pen (or 5th starter when Livan runs out of gas).

Yep...more details "The Mets told reporters today that Freddy Garcia has accepted an assignment to minor-league camp. "I'm glad he's going tostay with us and try to work things out," Mets Assistant GM John Ricco said, adding Garcia will initially report to minor-league camp, and then eithertravel to Buffalo for Triple-A or stay in St. Lucie for extended spring training. In other news, congratulations, Livan Hernandez, for essentially be named theteam's fifth starter."

Could I get hooked up with the official mets sig, it's time for this Knicks one to go
smh.gif

Parnell needs to make this team, dude is a Pelfrey clone with that power fastball and sinker of his.

Double play today and a strikeout for a quick inning....its been the norm this spring.

Got 2 tickets to this Sunday's St. Johns v. Georgetown College Baseball game @ CITI FIELD.

Having connections with the nursing program FTW!

Maine 5.0 IP / 6 Hits / 1 ER (3 R) / 3 BB / 5 SO.......much needed improvement vs the Cards today.

Reed is still hitting well over .400 for the entire Spring, he will fit into Endy Chavez's role quite nicely.

Beltran and Gado have been on a tear since the WBC, Church still hitting over .300, and Castillo is hitting around what will most likely be his season avg(.280-.290, .340-.350 OBP).

Roles are pretty much set with the team, its just Maine/Ollie/Livan that need to pitch well since we know what our #1 and 2 will do. Shoot, at least we knowOllie will pitch well vs good teams and mediocre vs bad ones, Maine is the wild card that needs to stay healthy and go deeper into games.

Citi looks pretty good.....Reminds me of a mix between......CBP, Camden, Ballpark at Arlington, and Petco
laugh.gif

I like the signs on the light poles outside of the Stadium....Yankee Stadium has this too and it looks good

Not related to the actual thread but when did this jacket come out? Its much better than the all blue M and N wool.

Is there going to be mini summit during the summer?

^ No idea but I need that in my life.

I had the all blue M and N wool, it fit me well length wise but it was too puffy (I like my fits a little more snug).

I'm going to have to do some research on it.

As for the Summit....the Yanks/mets tix will be impossible to go to, but there are individual tickets available for April/May right now. I'm sure we canget something going for May (maybe a Nats game should be cheaper).

Citi looks awesome. Getting tixx to one of the Red Sox exhibition game and checking that place out soon.

Originally Posted by RellNye

Not related to the actual thread but when did this jacket come out? Its much better than the all blue M and N wool.

Is there going to be mini summit during the summer?
There are some similar versions on eBay, could be bootleg, IDK.

Back
Top Bottom