NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Sandy Alderson created Billy Beane, so yeah...Keep Dolan far far far away from the Mets. I'll hang myself if there's a Wilpon/Dolan tandem.

I know. I like Beane. Just finished reading the Moneyball book. I didn't know Steve Phillips was interested in drafting Nick Swisher, but he picked Kazmir over Swisher.

Honestly, we're going to be done for a little while. I see no potential for us to be effective. It may have to come down to us trading our players to rebuild. It's going to be a long process. I think things will be different once there is a new owner in place. Wilpon isn't interested in winning, just filling seats, sad to say.

Originally Posted by beh235

Honestly, we're going to be done for a little while. I see no potential for us to be effective. It may have to come down to us trading our players to rebuild. It's going to be a long process. I think things will be different once there is a new owner in place. Wilpon isn't interested in winning, just filling seats, sad to say.
No, no, no and no.
Next year will be a transition year and they'll still win 85-90 games.

Originally Posted by d3simet

[font=arial, helvetica, sans][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans]According to Michael Kay the Dolans may be one of the suitors that may buy a stake in the Mets and SNY.[/font]
indifferent.gif

Its going to be nice to see the young guys continue to develop, not having Johan most of the season would suck and ensures 3rd place at best, but as a fan as long as they play hard every game and play smart I will always watch.

We have a much better personnel running operations for this team.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by beh235

No, no, no and no.
Next year will be a transition year and they'll still win 85-90 games.
That may be, but I still don't see them doing much. Granted, we are coming off a lot of injures, so we'll see. But I think team morale is so low, it's sad. But we still have a long way to fight back.

One of my boys brought this up before: How great would it be if Donald Trump bought a stake (or the entire thing) of the team?

My fellow Mets fans, our ownership is not stable right now, we've lost a few key pitchers (Takahashi & Feliciano), and our starters are pretty much the same. Look at Phillys starting rotation, look at the Giants rotation, even the Nationals made a few upgrades. Mets haven't made any impactful changes other than the GM and Mgr positions. I highly doubt we will win 90games. Virtually all our opponents in our division have made themselves better. Its going to be another long season for us. I sawin todays paper, that Mark Cuban may be interested in buying a portion of the Metropolitans. I'm all for it. Although I wonder how much he actually follows and knows about baseball.

According to ESPN’s Adam Rubin, who snapped this photo today, Terry Collins said he is ‘not a fan’ of issuing a C on any player’s jersey to be the official Captain. 
ny_smbhts_576.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/14011/collins-no-captain-in-2011

Six Mets on Project Prospect’s Top 100 List: http://www.metsblog.com/2011/02/07/six-mets-on-project-prospects-top-100-list/

According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, the Mets are among three teams still ‘keeping an eye on’ RHP Kevin Millwood.

^ who was the last Met to wear the "C" ? I cant remember. Its almost like nobody had the marbles to step it up as a leader on this team. The only "C" we should be concerned about is Championship. 1986 was a long time ago and 2000 leaves horrible memories. Kevin Milwood? isnt he kind of old? like over 33yrs old?

Back
Top Bottom