NEW YORK METS 2010 SEASON POST: Collins named New Manager

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The hell you want Jerry to do? He only had K-Rod left, and Ollie predominately faced lefties.
i dont care if you have to put an infielder to pitch. no way in hell do you let ollie lose this game for you

Ollie being here is on Mets management, not on Jerry.

I don't get on Jerry but I will get hon him having Barajas starting instead of Thole, putting Blanco in to PINCH RUN from 2nd, etc.....Ollie being there is on the Wilpons.

That Castillo at bat with the bases loaded, he doesn't swing ever until two strikes and decides to swing at first pitch?

If Kyle Farnsworth gets on this team I will be officially waiting for the Jets to start their season. Only way is unless they get Grienke instead of Meche

It all depends on the trade really. Ollie & Luis can go for a bag of Cracker Jacks for all I care. Just get them off the team. It's no coincidence we were playing better without either of those clowns.

Aside from that, I think they've gotta look at a new hitting coach or something. There's no damn reason that this team should be scoring about 1 run a game. Aside from that Takahashi & Pelfrey start each since the All-Star break, it's all been on the lack of offense. Something needs to change because our chances are slipping away.

i wont blame jerry for Ollie. his hands are tied. BUT there are soo many moves that need to be made. Get rid of frenchy. Get rid of Manuel. get rid of ollie. Acquire a decent SP move tak to the bullpen and bench castillo and we got a chance to get back into the race. Seasons not over.

LETS GO METS.

also drop bay to 8th. yea.

even if meche is on DL i like that move.

indifferent.gif
What a free fall that road trip was.  2-9, and that's with being given a game in San Francisco.

Homestand should be nothing pretty in terms of the fans and their confidence.  Bay should be booed every single at bat as far as I'm concerned.  His season slump was able to fly when we were 10 games over, but now we're a shade away from mediocrity and it's not cool obviously. 

Not sure if Jerry is our manager come Tuesday, but he isn't the first to blame.  Just the way the business works. 

I hate Farnsworth, and he'll kill us, but if it means getting rid of Ollie and Castillo, I'm with it. He only has one year on his deal anyway.

To think about it Meche is the reason we had to give Ollie that contract cause Meche was seriously overpaid. And castillio is not part of the deal they want Francoeur. I don't even think Meche is gonna even pitch this year which doesn't even help us at allJust read foxsports and castillo is in discussion which mean this won't happen

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I hate Farnsworth, and he'll kill us, but if it means getting rid of Ollie and Castillo, I'm with it. He only has one year on his deal anyway.

Citi Field might help contain those deep flyballs.

He might have worked in some pitches with more movement with the Royals (he was trying to be a starting pitcher in spring training).  He had a good fastball but all he ever did was just throw it right down the middle with zero movement.

Very, very disappointed in Ollie. I was rooting for this guy to turn things around... Just one big SMH is all I have for him at this point.

Get rid of him.

Also let down by Maine. But at least John had a legit reason for sucking.

Oliver on the other hand... no heart it seems.

Originally Posted by jordansmakeyoupoor

Watching mlb tonight right now they said mets and royals in discussion to swap Ollie for Gil Meche.
Is Gil Meche even healthy?? lol

He's getting there.  Trade would make no sense for the Royals.  They both make about the same and Meche actually gets to the mound, gives you solid innings and pithces pretty decent.  Can't say the same for Perez.  He has a good game that could translate well to the NL and Citi.  Same with Farnsworth.

If Edwin Jackson is available, I'd say go after him.  Going by the Haren trade, AZ is strictly looking to cut payroll and not take back the best talent for their starters.  Get him for a low level prospect or two.

Also, if I'm a Met fan I place some blame on Jerry but Jason Bay is probably the biggest FA bust this offseason.  For someone with his talent for going gap to gap and his power, shouldn't only have 6 HR's and slugging so low.  I'm not a fan of putting it on one individual but this is a case where it could be deserved.

So we face a legitimate Cy Young candidate and light him up for 6 runs in 5 innings.

ESPN showing the replay of the 06 NLCS was highly unappreciated, still a tough pill to swallow.

so the mets only scored 8 runs in 4 games against the dodgers yet they score 8 runs in 1 game against the cardinals with 6 of those on wainwright. phenomenal

they need to keep it up on this homestand though and try and make up some of the ground they lost.

looks like beltran is getting back into form. anyone else hate when reyes gets on and castillo bunts him over?
mad.gif
i would like to see more hit n run or give reyes a chance to steal. anyways i think the braves are coming back down to earth so we need to start to win. 62 games to play we need to go 41-21 down the line to have a shot at the wild card.

So tonights game is on ESPN right? How come every time theres a Wednesday night baseball game on ESPN, it doesn't show it. It only shows ESPN NEWS in place of it, anyone had this problem?
Anyway, great win yesterday. Seriously, when the Mets are home we look like a totally different team...

Jon Neise is starting to develop into a solid starter we can rely on 
pimp.gif

The frustrating part about the losing on this recent road trip was that we got some damn good pitching performances from everyone, and it was all a waste.
sick.gif

[h2]Lineup: Ike Davis Out, Mike Hessman In[/h2]
By Michael Baron on Jul 28, 2010, 2:45 pm

Ike Davis will have tonight off, and in his place and batting sixth will be Mike Hessman, who was recalled from Triple-A Buffalo after Rod Barajas was placed on the disabled list.

Jose Reyes will lead off, followed in order by Luis Castillo, Angel Pagan in left field, David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Hessman, Jeff Francoeur, Henry Blanco, and Johan Santana.

Yup, there were only two bad starts during that whole road trip.

Johan on the mound...do this.

has pagan been the best met player this year? i dont get why jerry didnt leave ike in there after he pinch hit. oh well another usual met loss after battling back, damn shame.

Back
Top Bottom