News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Justice League: Mortals?
nerd.gif

From what I've seen about Thor it looks like it might be based off the 2007 Thor by Straczynski.
but that came after Civil War so I'm probably wrong. But just from seeing the hammer in New Mexico and the Destroyer being the main villain maybe they'll just cut and paste from diff story lines. I would like to see him beat the crap out of Iron Man and a few Asgardians though

I'm looking more forward to the "Nolan-ized" Superman than Batman 3.

In a recent interview with the L.A. Times, Nolan was talking about how much he liked Goyer's idea for Superman, and I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

“A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do,

[h1]http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/05/14/edward-norton-the-avengers/[/h1]
[h1]Edward Norton Explains What Will Bring Him Back For 'The Avengers'[/h1]

Aside from online message boards and chat rooms, no one seems to want to talk about "The Avengers"these days (on the record, that is). While part of this is likely dueto legality issues and punishment-of-death mandates from MarvelStudios, the other aspect is that it’s probably too soon for anyone toknow anything — save rumored director Joss Whedon himself.

Nevertheless, MTV News continued our search for new information when we recently spoke to “Incredible Hulk

Rumor: The Avengers Will Be Fighting Off Skrulls Come 2012?
http://www.firstshowing.n...g-off-skrulls-come-2012/

There's a new unconfirmed rumor going around, from ComicBookMovie, revealing some potential villain(s) in the upcoming The Avengersmovie. I don't want to dwell on it toomuch, because a) I don't really want to reveal any big spoilers for a movie that is at least two years out, and b) this is such a very early rumor, it's almost all speculation and anything could happen with the script by the time they start shooting (remember, Joss Whedon still isn't even officiallyattached as director). That said, the rumor states that The Avengers will battle the shape-shifting alien race known as the Skrulls, which appeared in The Ultimatescomics.

CBM says that they've confirmed with "two other sources close to the production" that the Skrulls will be one of the main villains in the movie. Of course, there's also a rumor that Loki(who begins his big screen reign in Kenneth Branagh's Thornext summer) will appear in The Avengersand he may even "gain control over" the Hulkand cause him to unleash his fury; Hulk was the big villain in Vol. 1 of The Ultimates comic series. And beyond that, they say that another alien race called the Kreewill have a presence as "Earthly allies." So we've got at least two alien races, potentially an evil Norse god, and a bunch of superheroes all in one epic comic book movie coming up in 2012, or at least that's what early sources are reporting nowdays.

For those who don't know, the Skrulls are green-skinned reptilian humanoids with large pointed ears. They are known for genetic and molecular instability, and genetic diversity, due to "Celestial experimentation." I referenced The Ultimates earlier because every decision Marvel has made regarding The Avengersmovie so far, including the characters that will be in it, have been the same as in The Ultimates. It seemslike they're trying to replicate that storyline in the movie, which is why there are rumors about Hulk and the Skrulls. But with Whedon rewriting the script, you never know what will happen. Will the Skrulls be good villains?

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Aside from online message boards and chat rooms, no one seems to want to talk about "The Avengers"
these days (on the record, that is). While part of this is likely due
to legality issues and punishment-of-death mandates from Marvel
Studios, the other aspect is that it’s probably too soon for anyone to
know anything — save rumored director Joss Whedon himself.

Nevertheless, MTV News continued our search for new information when we recently spoke to “Incredible Hulk

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Aside from online message boards and chat rooms, no one seems to want to talk about "The Avengers"
these days (on the record, that is). While part of this is likely due
to legality issues and punishment-of-death mandates from Marvel
Studios, the other aspect is that it’s probably too soon for anyone to
know anything — save rumored director Joss Whedon himself.

Back
Top Bottom