News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

DC Rumblings: Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman in the Works

We've heard this before, but it's always good to hear it mentioned again. Warner Broschairman and CEO Barry Meyer appeared at Time Warner's "investor day" in New York City today (via Heat Vision) for a brief presentation on the upcoming Warner Bros' slate. In addition to mentioning lots of what we already know, including that Sherlock Holmes 2will be released in December 2011 next year, he apparently dropped a few big names on the DC ComicsDC Entertainmentside of things that are coming up. Specifically, Meyer said that they were "nearing" a greenlight on The Flashmovie based on the speedy superhero. But that's not all!

Meyer also said that films featuring Wonder Woman, Aquamanand Madmagazinecharacters" (Spy vs Spy?) are also in development. That means that they're "in the works," but no clue as to how soon we'll see any of them. Meyer also confirmed that the new Supermanmovie will be released during the holiday season in 2012 (November/December) and that Christopher Nolan's next Batmanmovie would indeed be hitting theaters in July of 2012, as we already know. So if those films are scheduled, we probably won't see Wonder Womanor Aquamanor The Flashuntil at least 2013 or beyond (that's a very long time from now).

I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about all of these projects, as well as Martin Campbell's Green Lanternmovie, at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con in July. This is a fairly similar presentation to the one that Warner Bros gave at ShoWest back in March. As in, they've got some big DC Entertainment titles coming up to fill in for Harry Potterafter that series is over, but it's just a matter of getting them greenlit. At least we know that a Flashmovie is finally coming soon! In February we reported that there "was a good chance" that Life as We Know It director Greg Berlanti would be directing The Flashnext. Hopefully that happens soon!

source
http://www.firstshowing.n...an-aquaman-in-the-works/

Adrian Grenier for Aquaman
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Adrian Grenier for Aquaman
laugh.gif

Aquaman had/has blonde hair though. 
laugh.gif
And Nick Fury used to be white.

Nick Fury was actually black in Ultimates Series though. IIRC, Aquaman has always been blonde in the comics. 

I have a pretty good feeling Tommy Lee Jones is gonna end up playing Dr. Myron MacLain.

He is a very important figure in the Marvel Universe

I have a pretty good feeling Tommy Lee Jones is gonna end up playing Dr. Myron MacLain.

He is a very important figure in the Marvel Universe

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

IGN's Ultimate Comics-to-Film Guide:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/102/1025810p1.html

A lot of info there.

They are doing these reboots too early IMO.
I've been waiting for the Magneto movie, looking forward to the Deadpool movie.
Idk how I feel about an X-Men 4 movie. Besides that I'm looking forward to the other X-Men movies, hopefully they do a good job with the Wolverine one this time.
I've been wanting to read Ronin for a while, but despite that I feel like it's a movie that can be made right.
Can't wait for Sin City 2.
I don't think Wanted 2 would have been good.

Details on The Crow Reboot Revealed & Casting is Underway

Last October we heard that the gestating reboot of The Crowfranchise, based on James O'Barr's comic book series, was moving forward with director Stephen Norrington attached to helm. Well it looks like the progress was slow but has ultimately paid off as producer Edward Pressman (who worked on the previous installments of The Crowfranchise) told MTV that the script is finished, "terrific," and even said, "[We've got an offer out] to a major actorand things are moving ahead very aggressively, with the aim of doing the film this year." He also revealed more about their adaptation including differences from Proyas' version.

Of course we've already learned that this isn't just a remake of Proyas original film adaptation but rather an entire relaunch of the franchise, originally based on James O'Barr's comic book. Pressman revealed to MTV the setting of this new adaptation and how they're approaching The Crow itself. Here's what he had to say:

"The setting is the southwest — the Mexico/Arizona area — and an urban [setting], Detroit or Pittsburgh or something like that. There are two locations that the film is set. Its initial platform is in the southwest and then it moves to the big city in the north, middle or eastern America, and then back.

I think it's a very different conception [than the original film]. After the first 'Crow,' there were so many other films that were inspired by it, by its look. Steve is an artist himself, and he's created a very different visual idea. The Crow itself is a creaturein this movie — it's not just a bird. It's got a personality and a character. Not like Godzilla exactly, but it's very different [and has] a more active role in the story."

Apparently the illustrations for Norrington's The Croware "quite different from Alex Proyas' approach with the original Crow." That might come from some collaboration with Rob Stromberg, who was the production designer on Avatarand Alice in Wonderlandand a VFX matte painter before that. As far as the setting goes, though it diverges a bit from the original vision of The Crowand it's, "a different time and a different idea," there will still be a gritty cityelement and it sounds like they're doing their best to be loyal to longtime fans of The Crow. Now we just have to wait and see who will actually become The Crow. Stay tuned for updates.

http://www.firstshowing.n...led-casting-is-underway/

Capt America looks really good, im glad. I was worried he was gonna look nothing like the comics like some of the other heros

Ahh, I was looking for this thread when I first saw the pics.  Really liking these pics of Cap.  I'm already reading alot of crying that it looks "too modern" for the 40's
laugh.gif
but I'm pretty sure these are his modern pics since Tony finishes his shield (movie-wise), right?

I don't like that costume design.

Just looks like a USA version of the Batman Begins ski-mask prototype outfit...

mmbruce_pack_02.jpg

There is honestly nothing wrong with the Ultimate Cap' outfit as a live action costume...

The chain metal attached to the top makes it
pimp.gif

CaptainAmericaVariant01.jpg

The Ultimate Cap costume is actually the most doable for on-screen adaptation. Leather boots, leather gloves with leather belt and pouches, no wings on the head, all pretty realistic.
I still think a red, white & blue shield will look real cheesy on-screen though but we'll see.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The Ultimate Cap costume is actually the most doable for on-screen adaptation. Leather boots, leather gloves with leather belt and pouches, no wings on the head, all pretty realistic.
I still think a red, white & blue shield will look real cheesy on-screen though but we'll see.

Cheesy yea but remember he is the symbol for america so you know they were going to plaster him with those colors

A little tid bit from an interview with Joe Johnston (Captain Americas director)

"In a chat with The Los Angeles Times, Johnston explained why Cap wears a flag costume to begin with. "The costume is a flag, but the way we're getting around that is we have Steve Rogers forced into the USO circuit. After he's made into this super-soldier, they decide they can't send him into combat and risk him getting killed," the director said. "He's the only one and they can't make more. So they say, 'You're going to be in this USO show' and they give him a flag suit. He can't wait to get out of it."

But Cap grows frustrated with being a reluctant performer in the United Services Organizations, the Times reports, and he eventually goes AWOL from the USO because he wants to serve on the battlefield. After initially covering up his costume, Johnston said Cap "realizes the value of the uniform symbols but he modifies his suit and adds some armor, it will be closer to the Cap costume in some of the comics in more recent years." Expect the later suit to have more muted colors and for the red stripes across Cap's mid-section to be straps rather than striped fabric. Johnston believes this USO explanation for Cap's costume is the only way to justify the film character wearing such an outfit in "real" life. " - http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1067314p1.html

Yesterday, we got a look at some images that might be Captain America's costume in the upcoming Marvel Studios movie, and now it looks like some images of Thor's costume — Mjolnir and all — might have also found their way online.
While this isn't our first peek at Chris Hemsworth as Thor, the art (which is entirely unofficial and unconfirmed at this point, so keep that in mind) does offer a cool, full-body shot of Marvel's god of thunder. The image also features a nice look at Mjolnir — though it might be old news for anyone who's been paying close attention to the more spoilery corners of the Marvel movie universe lately.

If nothing else, the images (which should probably be considered "fan art" until we hear otherwise) continue to present a look clearly influenced by the recent mainstream "Thor" comics by J. Michael Straczynski and Olivier Coipel.

Here's one of the images, and you can find a pair of them over at Collider, where they first surfaced:

thor1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom