News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

First Green Lantern poster:

zz3d369851-550x657.jpg

That tagline is stupid as hell

Tag line does seems stupid but after seeing the other pics with almost the same theme, it seems like they are doing it for marketing to getting other business or looking to hire someone, which might make more sense. They might just be using the GL image as a marketing gimmick since it's their next big film.
fdtu3c.jpg

nmb05f.jpg

Stanley Tucci Officially Cast in Marvel's Captain America Movie

Marvel works in weird ways. While they haven't confirmed much of the supporting cast (like Jeremy Renner or Neal McDonough), they have, out of nowhere, decided to officially announce (via ComingSoon) today that Stanley Tucci(last seen in The Lovely Bones) has joined the growing cast of Marvel's Captain America: The First Avengermovie being directed by Joe Johnston. Tucci plays Dr. Abraham Erskine, the German scientist behind Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that created the Super Soldier we all know as Captain America. He joins a big cast that includes Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Hugo Weaving, and Hayley Atwell.

Captain America: The First Avengerwill focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program during WWII that turns him into the Super Soldierknown as Captain America. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce Captain America: The First Avenger. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Louis D'Esposito will executive produce. The movie will be released in theaters everywhere on July 22nd, 2011 next summer and will be distributed by Paramount. Other than that, Marvel didn't announce any other cast members, so stay tuned as I'm sure there's still more to come.

http://www.firstshowing.n...s-captain-america-movie/

Big Rumor: Jamie Bell Already Selected as New Spider-Man?

Despite a big internet campaign to get comedian/actor Donald Glover (of "Community" and Mystery Team) an audition for Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Manreboot, a big rumor has surfaced from Bleeding Cool (via The Playlist) that says British actor Jamie Bell(King Kong, Defiance), who was on the shortlist of considered actors we brought up last month, has already been chosen as the new webslinger in Marc Webb's reboot. Obviously, the rumor is helped by the fact that Bell was on the shortlist of actors in consideration for the role, but remember when we all thought that John Krasinski was the frontrunner for Captain America

Of course, if this does turn out true, I'll be the first to say that I'm immensely pleased with the decision. Bell was my favorite actor out of the bunch that was brought up because of his versatility and experience with big effects driven flicks like King Kongand more recently, The Adventures of Tintinfranchise. Of course, since he already has a film trilogy that he's dedicated himself too, that might create problems for his availability on the Spider-Man front. But for now, this must be taken with a grain of salt as we'll surely be hearing more rumors down the line until we get official word from the studio.

http://www.firstshowing.n...ected-as-new-spider-man/

Michael Fassbender Wanted for Roles in X-Men & Spider-Man

More interesting casting "news" to sort ofreport on, since it's not even close to being official. Showbiz411, which is a reliable blog, says that actor Michael Fassbender(seen in 300, Hunger, Inglourious Basterds, Fish Tank, Centurion, Jonah Hex) is being "pursued" for a couple of big roles in two upcoming comic book movies. First, he's the person that Matthew Vaughn wants to play Magneto(akaErik Lehnsherr) in Fox's X-Men: First Classreboot. Secondly, apparently he's in the running for a villain (they say "thevillain") in Spider-Man 4, but I can't imagine there's only one villain in that reboot. But neither role is confirmed yet.

I hatereporting on this kind of casting news because it's waytoo early to be talking about it and it's all very speculative anyway. He could, in the end, not star in either of these roles. Showbiz411 says he "can't do both" (why not? because of scheduling?) so he'll either have to choose one role or the other (or neither). We also already know that James McAvoy has been cast as Charles Xavier in Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Classprequel. But we haven't had any official casting for Marc Webb's Spider-Manreboot yet. I love Fassbender and I'm always glad to see him in any movie, so either of these would be fine by me. We'll keep you updated!

http://www.firstshowing.n...les-in-x-men-spider-man/

Movies] Joseph Gordon-Levitt To Play Riddler In Batman 3?!
Posted by Ashish on 06.09.2010

Would he be a good choice?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt ((500) Days of Summer, Inception) could play The Riddler in Batman 3. Joseph and director Christopher Nolan apparently joked about the idea while on the set of Inception and the idea eventually became one that Nolan apparently started liking. So it seems as if Joseph is on the short list of candidates for the role.

You guys think he'd be a good choice?
from 411MANIA

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not too good of a choice. Maybe it was his turn as the Cobra Commander, it was cheesy and he hammed up the villain but I guess it fits the cartoon. I'd rather see him in a leading role in another film.

If Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't so busy, I'd be hyped for him to have a role as Black Mask or someone. I want to see Christian Bale and him in a film together.

Writers Already Working on Green Lantern Sequel & The Flash

Despite the fact that we haven't seen a trailer, let alone a single official photo yet for DC Entertainment's Green Lanternmovie, Heat Vision reports that the film's writers Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim are already at work on a treatment for a sequel. This news comes shortly after hearing some bits from actor Temuera Morrison (who plays Abin Sur, a Green Lantern Corps member) mentioning that his backstory would be revealed in a planned sequel. In addition, the same trade story has more good news with the same aforementioned trio of writers also working on a treatmentfor an adaptation of The Flash

However, apparently upon completion of these new treatments, the trio of writers will actually only end up writing a screenplay for oneof the projects, but it's unknown which one they'll end up writing in the end. It's certainly strange for Warner Bros to start development on a sequel for a flick that won't even be released for another year (June 17th, 2011), but that means that the studio is immensely pleased with what's coming out of production down in Louisiana, so we should be in for a treat once a trailer hits (hopefully at Comic-Con).

Meanwhile, on The Flashfront, it looks like the big screen adaptation of the red running superhero is finally making some real progress after several false starts previously. Comic writer Geoff Johns, who was recently appointed chief creative officer of DC Entertainment, recently reintroduced a version of The Flashthat had not been seen since the mid-1980s' and is working on a relaunch of the series. The movie focuses on Barry Allen, the most popular incarnation of The Flash, introduced in 1956 by Robert Kanigher & John Broome.

Though it's taken a little longer than Marvel's camp, it sounds like DC Entertainment finally has its head on its shoulders and Geoff Johns is the right guy to help bring DC Comics properties to the big screen and make lovers of both movies and comic books very happy. I guess the next question is who should play the scarlet speedster? My vote goes to Zachary Levi or Adam Brody, but that's just me.

http://www.firstshowing.n...antern-sequel-the-flash/

Thor on set Footage

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ 3:57

"Is it crazy how big he is?"

Chris: "It's disgusting..."* little girl giggle*

Natalie Portman: "Chris...You're Big" (her face =
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
)

i know i am definately in the minority but id like to see all of the actors who played on smallville to reprise their roles on the big screen. Superman, flash, aquaman etc
happy.gif

Do we all agree as of right now only Hugh Jackman can play Wolverine? Can't think of anyone else good enough and I feel Jackman could do a much better job with a better script.

NobleKane, I WAS a big fan of Smallville until it got terrible three or four seasons back...but c'mon, Tom Welling is a horrible to average actor unless it's comedy and the other guys who played part in the justice league were not that great either......

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do we all agree as of right now only Hugh Jackman can play Wolverine? Can't think of anyone else good enough and I feel Jackman could do a much better job with a better script.

I believe so too.

Here's one that's near and dear to my heart, folks. In a brilliant blend of two of our favorite things around Splash Page HQ, fan art mixing the world of "Futurama" with the X-Men universe has popped up online and needs to be seen to be believed.
Created by DeviantArt user gottabecarl, the image is jam-packed with obscure characters from both universes, brilliantly woven into the best possible kind of geekery: the kind that lets you show off how much more you know about the subjects than anyone else.

It's the sort of thing that starts wars and ends friendships, but heck... it's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

fx.jpg

You can check out a much larger version of the image over at DeviantArt, but I'd be curious to know how many of the characters in the image you can identify with both their "Futurama" and X-Men inspirations.

I'll post my count in the comment section once I get a chance to look it over, so try to do the same. (I'm pretty sure I'll do well with the X-Men but fall flat with the "Futurama" characters.)

Let us know what you think in the comment section or on Twitter!

http://gottabecarl.deviantart.com/#/d2bmqaf

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom