News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Some of those ppl dont even know are based on comics. Not sure that bubble will burst at all

Its basically how television is surviving despite their being a golden age for it. If they stop adapting comics what are they going to do? Make remakes of shows? Continue to bring back old shows? Turn movies in to shows (which they're already doing)?

Very few creative ppl are making up original shows and just selling it away. Studios are left to look to get rights for comics and adapt like they've been doing with novel.

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT's Rebecca Ferguson Lands MEN IN BLACK Lead & DOCTOR SLEEP Villain Role

According to Deadline, Ferguson has signed on to play the female lead (we thought that was Tessa Thompson?) in the upcoming Men in Black revival, and the villain in the big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Shining sequel, Doctor Sleep.

No details on her Men in Black role were provided, but in Doctor Sleep Ferguson will play Rose the Hat: the semi-immortal leader of a tribe of quasi-demonic murderers known as the "True Knot", she and her followers seek out children with telepathic abilities and torture them to death, feeding off of their psychic essence they call "steam. "

NATIONAL TREASURE 3 Not A Priority At Disney; Follow-Up May Hit Disney's Streaming Service

The franchise, which began in 2004, has retained its status as an extremely quotable film, one that almost relies on Cage as much as Mission: Impossible relies on Tom Cruise. Doing press rounds for The Meg, Jon Turteltaub, who helmed the first two films, had much to say to Collider regarding the potential threequel's development.

Disney feels they have other films they want to make that they think will make them more money . . . they’re obviously doing a really good job at making great films. I just think this would be one of them, and they don’t quite realize how much the Internet is begging for a third National Treasure. The script was close, but not so great that the studio couldn’t say yes. But it’s been good enough that the studio could have said, ‘Yes, keep going. Get closer.’

Additionally, In an interview with Slash Film, Turteltaub mentions the possibility of dropping on Disney's streaming service.

Finding the right script is hard. It was brutal for the first two. It’s still gonna be brutal for the third . . . The fact is it’ll probably be made as a streaming film.

NATIONAL TREASURE 3 Not A Priority At Disney; Follow-Up May Hit Disney's Streaming Service

The franchise, which began in 2004, has retained its status as an extremely quotable film, one that almost relies on Cage as much as Mission: Impossible relies on Tom Cruise. Doing press rounds for The Meg, Jon Turteltaub, who helmed the first two films, had much to say to Collider regarding the potential threequel's development.

Disney feels they have other films they want to make that they think will make them more money . . . they’re obviously doing a really good job at making great films. I just think this would be one of them, and they don’t quite realize how much the Internet is begging for a third National Treasure. The script was close, but not so great that the studio couldn’t say yes. But it’s been good enough that the studio could have said, ‘Yes, keep going. Get closer.’

Additionally, In an interview with Slash Film, Turteltaub mentions the possibility of dropping on Disney's streaming service.

Finding the right script is hard. It was brutal for the first two. It’s still gonna be brutal for the third . . . The fact is it’ll probably be made as a streaming film.
And Nic Cage will definitely be on board for that 3rd film.

Surprised Disney doesn't think it's a priority.

liking this dude more, first dude almost missed a call for the Superman role and now dude still finds the time to re-play Witcher 3 and read the books

dude deserves better than the no-MoS sequel

liking this dude more, first dude almost missed a call for the Superman role and now dude still finds the time to re-play Witcher 3 and read the books

dude deserves better than the no-MoS sequel

The books are flames. After I finish I want to replay 3. Cavill seems like a totally cool guy.

yeah they were real good i thought and the box office jumped from $348m for the first to $458m for the second

not sure they have as much interest in it now though, seems like it's a disappointment for Disney if it doesn't make it pass $500m

interestingly enough, they plan to continue with Pirates 6 but that has a more worldwide appeal and the last one still made $800m with $620m from international bo

it was never off the books, it was always planned but just got sidetracked

plus the director is busy doing Maleficent 2 right now so shootings probably going to start after that has been said and done and maybe a wait and see how it fares

plus the director is busy doing Maleficent 2 right now so shootings probably going to start after that has been said and done and maybe a wait and see how it fares
Ahh, that I didn't know. I thought the last film was the final film of the entire series.

I was wrong.

i lowkey enjoyed maleficent

Ahh, that I didn't know. I thought the last film was the final film of the entire series.

I was wrong.
Oh, there is no final Pirates movie :lol:

I feel like Depp is going to make that his Mission Impossible :lol:

Just gonna keep getting one really good actor to play the villain and good supporting actors to drive subplots for sequel on sequel while Jack sails the 7 seas looking to be immortal and wealthy.

Last edited:
Oh, there is no final Pirates movie :lol:

I feel like Depp is going to make that his Mission Impossible :lol:

Just gonna keep getting one really good actor to play the villain and good supporting actors to drive subplots for sequel on sequel while Jack sails the 7 season looking to be immortal and wealthy.

He'll try.. and so far, he has been failing

Unlike mission impossible which found a grove, the pirates movies haven't been anywhere near as good as the 1st

He'll try.. and so far, he has been failing

Unlike mission impossible which found a grove, the pirates movies haven't been anywhere near as good as the 1st
How has he been failing?

They keep making Pirates movies and they keep making money :lol:

This aint really about if you like them or not. If so I could say the Fast franchise is nothing but failure trash.

How has he been failing?

They keep making Pirates movies and they keep making money :lol:

This aint really about if you like them or not. If so I could say the Fast franchise is nothing but failure trash.

Just bad movies.. fast movies I get, you know what you're getting going in.. if you don't like em, you know they ain't your cup of tea but the fans will enjoy

Like the Harry Potter movies just ain't for me, but I wouldn't say they're bad.. just not for me

But POTC movies have just felt like a whole lot of meh after first one

not everything based on something
will translate well into a movie
ala that cowboys and aliens movie
so u shut up
That's irrelevant.

You have no idea who is behind this. You didn't say it would be trash cuz things dont translate well.

You literally judged it off its title and nothing more.

Stupid.

Please spare me your trash opinions.
Just bad movies.. fast movies I get, you know what you're getting going in.. if you don't like em, you know they ain't your cup of tea but the fans will enjoy

Like the Harry Potter movies just ain't for me, but I wouldn't say they're bad.. just not for me

But POTC movies have just felt like a whole lot of meh after first one
This is where we disagree. You're willing to give Fast movies a pass.

They're trash.

I'm not adverse to movies where you know what it is and man I wouldnt even compare that Fast trash to Harry Potter.

I could say you know what you're getting going in with PotC movies. They're not super complicated or hard to get. Formula is detectable 5 movies in going on 6.

You didnt like any of them after the first. Thats cool. I happened to dig the first trilogy. Didn't mind the most recent one. Look forward to more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom