News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Akira moves close to being made, direct by Taika Waititi and produced by Leonardo DiCaprio

The live-action to Katsuhiro Otomo’s cult-classic anime Akira may soon get the green light for production — thanks to a $18.5 million USD tax credit. The idea of a live-action adaptation has been floating around for years now (with all glimmers of hope leading to dead ends) but this time it could be different.

With the California Film Commission’s Film & TV Tax Credit Program 2.0, Warner Bros. Pictures does get a nice little financial break, but only if they shoot the entire film in the state of California. While no cast has been reported, we have learned that Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) is on board to direct the film, while Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Appian Way Productions and Andrew Lazar are set to produce the movie.

Although it is still too early to confirm if the film is 100% going to be made, this does give fans hope that someday they’ll be able to see a new take on the 1988 anime.

ugh... really hope this is good... i jdon't see Cho as a good Spike

COWBOY BEBOP Netflix Series Sets Main Cast; STAR TREK Actor John Cho Will Play Spike Spiegel

Netflix has set the main cast for its live-action Cowboy Bebop series, and Star Trek's John Cho will star as Spike Spiegel.

Also on board are Mustafa Shakir (Marvel’s Luke Cage) as Spike's partner Jet Black, Daniella Pineda (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom; What/If) as "bold, brash and unpredictable bounty hunter" Faye Valentine, and Alex Hassell (The Miniaturist; Suburbicon) as the Syndicate’s most notorious hitman and Spike's arch-enemy, Vicious.

There's no word on who'll be portraying Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, a.k.a Radical Ed.

167618.jpg

Cowboy Bebop will be exec produced and written by Christopher Yost (Thor), who will also serve as showrunner along with Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg of Midnight Radio; Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios; Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki, and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc. The original anime's director Shinichiro Watanabe is on board as a consultant.

Check out the official synopsis below, and let us know what you think of this casting news in the comments.

Based on the worldwide phenomenon from Sunrise Inc., Cowboy Bebop is the jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine and Radical Ed: a rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price.

damn

was so looking forward to hellboy, i haven't bought tickets for tomorrow and still sort of want to but it's ehhh

damn

was so looking forward to hellboy, i haven't bought tickets for tomorrow and still sort of want to but it's ehhh

It has 2 things that seem heavily involved that give me doubts, well people.. milla and mcshane

Not saying either is a bad actor or anything, but both can pick some pretty crappy projects or are willing to do stuff for just the check

Back
Top Bottom