next batch of adidas for tmac, gil, kg, etc (TS) *PICS*

The ones pictured, besides the KG's, are a TS Promodel like shoe. Not sure exactly what the name is. As Brandwith3strip... said those are not the Gil 20's. I've seen the Gil 20's(although I think it will be called the TS Lightswitch Gil) and they are really nice. Baby Dill, Gil's shoe won't have the three strips across the middle of the shoe. They are on the inside of the shoe (don't know what that part it's called but the strips are on the reverse side of where they usually are) so it is a lot more subtle. The whole gil shoe looks really sleak and will definately sell really well. I think the sole is the same, or similar to the sole on the garnett shoe above, it just has a very different upper. From the side view you wouldn't even know it is an adidas shoe, which is a big step for adidas. Can't say enough about the gil's, only that they are better than the gil zero's.

Quote:
Can't say enough about the gil's, only that they are better than the gil zero's.
:D
happy.gif

looks like the xviis
Are you selling these in DS 10.5?
*Dunk Haze
*Nike Flight 89
*Grey Penny IV
*Adidas Kobe Blue

that first shoe looks too much like the wades for me.
peace.
please excuse me,
i'm wacktose intolerant.​

What happened to the pods? I hate the fact that Adidas always comes out with some great technology supposedly and then just ditches it the next year
THE RAIDER NATION​
Return To Glory

I like the shoes. I like the shoes alot. Especially those with Garnett on the side, of which I would copp immediatly without his name on there.

But this is Niketalk, a place where I'd never expect objective opinions about other brands, not from the majority at least.

I'm not feeling any of these.

But then again, I would have to see actual models to decide.

I AM super glad that those arn't the gil-20s though.
Add some color to your life

Eat VEGETARIAN​

Those KG's look NOTHING like the XVII :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

I noticed the "SL" logo on the first two, I wonder if they'll be bringing back the Sport Luxury line. Who remembers these shoes? They were short-lived in 2000 and had only two models (a bball shoe and a running shoe) but they had amazing comfort.

Here, I found pics of the running ones..
adidas_sl_3.jpg

adidas_sl_3_3.jpg
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

I don't think Gil likes the 3 stripes across the mid foot either.

A reason many liked the Gil-Zero.
And, I'm fresher than your produce.

Not feeling them. Most remind me of just a casual Adidas.
WANTED: Size 11-13 any condition!PM Me!
[] Red Supreme Blazer
[] Blk/neon Air Total Max Uptempo
[] Nike Foamposite pro Voltage

Hey do the garnetts remind anyone of this yeras billups????? They look a bit like them
Team Yankees

Quote:
I think they're trying to hard to re-invent a classic line. I understand the 3 stripes down the middle is a signature for the brand, but it's tired. I mean we get it. You're the brand with 3 stripes.

Man, I was telling one of the guys at ADI B-ball this EXACT thing not long ago. And I am sure he is reading this and I hope this reiterates my point. There are so many Adidas kicks I like that I just won't buy BECAUSE it has 3 huge and overused stripes running down the side of it. They need to find a way to contain the logo (like when Reebok used RBK to replace the vector so they could update the look a little) so they can open up the design language a little bit. It's just a little ridiculous at this point. His response to me was that retailers are saying that the 3 stripes are what set them apart on the wall, and a consumer can find numerous other designs without 3 stripes...but for me, I am not buying Adi until they can MOVE FORWARD. REALLY HOT CONCEPTS otherwise...unfortunately.

^^Adidas' creativity was at full potential in 2000-2001 with the release of The Kobe. There was a shoe that had the three stripes but they were monochromatic and blended in with the shoe, practically unnoticable. Then with the KobeTwo, which not a lot of people liked, but didn't have the stripes at all. They were subtle on the torsion plate. Two of my fav designs of all time, and it's like they've taken steps in the wrong direction since then.
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

^agreed. adidas is usually on point with their casual shoes and basketball technology. my favorite designs were the shoes without the stripes across the midfoot tho. (stan smiths and rod laver, gil-zero) they gotta innovate and break free from tradition.

Back
Top Bottom