NEXUS ONE OWNERS ENTER! AT&T Nexus One vol. Goodbye iPhone 3GS?

So google just finally put the Nexus One up for sale thats compatible with AT&T 3G and I am REALLY interested
nexus-one-1.jpg

What are the Pros and Cons about the Nexus One?

I'm more interested in the Cons because I want to know what I have to deal with

such things I heard were touchscreen can go crazy, phone crashes sometimes, battery isnt as good

Plus since AT&T has the fastest 3G network (i forgot who did the study, but AT&T led the competition), along with the snapdragon processor, it should kill the iPhone 3GS in terms of speed!

Why I want to switch? I was a 3G/3Gs owner, the OS is stale, and Id like something new

I was a G1 owner for quite sometime, and my cousin owns the Droid, so I am not at lost with Android

And yes I know the iPhone 2010 is coming this summer, I am able to upgrade then, I can just sell my Nexus One if I intend to get it and buy the new iPhone

Thanks NT

I had an iPhone 3gs and sold it.  I now have the Nexus One.

IMO they are both great phone, BUT if you are really into apps, the iPhone might be your phone of choice.

I LOVE my Nexus though.
pimp.gif

Honestly Id rather get a nokia n900 than any android phone. Android os ui looks so tacky and I'm shocked google made such a non sleek ui. Plus the new nokia/intel os looks more promising than android.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I LOVE my Nexus.
pimp.gif

I have the iPhone as a work phone and there's really not much difference to me.  I have all the apps I could ever need on my N1 and have no desire to switch to an iPhone.  My N1 keys went whacky once when water splashed on it, but a simple turn off/on fixed it and I can get a good day and a half on a full charge with about over 50+ texts and heavy internet usage and stuff.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Honestly Id rather get a nokia n900 than any android phone. Android os ui looks so tacky and I'm shocked google made such a non sleek ui. Plus the new nokia/intel os looks more promising than android.

yeah but the price tag isnt something anyone can just decide to afford if they want a new phone. the price range for the nexus one will most likely be much better on people pockets 
laugh.gif

Pros: Too many to list. The capability that I've come to appreciate the most are the hacked ROMs. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of different ROMs that you can replace the Nexus' stock firmware with. They allow for all kinds of things, and I can't really describe all the benefits. Just know that it's
pimp.gif

Cons:
-Battery life. Some people say that their battery sucks. Mine will last a full day with regular usage. It'll be around 15%-10% if I use it a lot (6+ phone calls, 50 or so texts, and games.)
-The screen sometimes spazzes, but I've found that most of the time its just because my palm is touching the screen in another spot. (Big hands.) So the screen is sometimes overly sensitive.
-My phone never crashed when I used the stock firmware, but it has a tendency to once you load a ROM to it. But its to be expected.
-The speaker isn't very loud.

I'd list more, but pretty much everything on mine is custom.

Just get it.

if the Nexus one is coming to ATT there's should be a pretty good chance the HTC HD2 might come to ATT right? In that case I will be waiting.

im not spending like 600 on a phone where i cant get 3g, plus the phone looks extremely bulky

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

if the Nexus one is coming to ATT there's should be a pretty good chance the HTC HD2 might come to ATT right? In that case I will be waiting.

This is different, Google is selling it unsubsidized, meaning you have to $530 for it

The only apps i really use is

Tweetie/Facebook/BOFA/ESPN/ATT Wireless (which i dont think android has)/yelp/ Fandango/ BeeJive / Engadget / BGR

Which i think most of these apps are already on android (or apps with similar functions) I am just scared that they arent going to be as polished

anymore responses?

Originally Posted by hella handsome

yeah but the price tag isnt something anyone can just decide to afford if they want a new phone. the price range for the nexus one will most likely be much better on people pockets 
laugh.gif
You pay less in the long run when you get an unsubsidized phone. If you don't know how to get the cheapest phone/data plans from the likes of ATT or T-Mobile... Roll with the subsidized price then. Your loss though.

Nexus, over the iPhone?

That would be like switching from Charmin to prison toilet paper.

Stop trying to beat the iPhone already....

All "iPhone killers" are trying to copy what Apple started.... good luck.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Stop trying to beat the iPhone already....

All "iPhone killers" are trying to copy what Apple started.... good luck.
once again. they didn't start nothing and i love Apple.

Pardon my ignorance...

To go along with what
nicedudewithnicedreams was saying...

Basically, if I switch to the Nexus One under AT&T, i should be able to use the phone under a standard rate plan for talk and text... am I correct with this assumption???

Someone please feel free to chime in...

Originally Posted by sNc magic

I'm sure it's a great phone, but goodbye iPhone?
roll.gif

nexus%20one%20sales%20chart.png
If the Nexus One was as widely available as the Droid, I'm sure the sales would have been closer.

You can go into a Verizon store and get a droid without too much hassle. You have to have your credit checked by Google before you can even begin to order a Nexus One, and many people still don't know what it is because there has been minimal advertising.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by OLD SCHOOL

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Nexus, over the iPhone?

Sounding like a straight hypebeast.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by Nktran001

Nexus, over the iPhone?

end your life fan boy.
Blowwwwwwww me.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Pardon my ignorance...

To go along with what

Basically, if I switch to the Nexus One under AT&T, i should be able to use the phone under a standard rate plan for talk and text... am I correct with this assumption???

Correct, but you have to pay for the phone unsubsidized, wHich is $529.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Pardon my ignorance...

To go along with what

Correct, but you have to pay for the phone unsubsidized, wHich is $529.
I would do some research before I make any big decision like purchasing the unsubsidized Nexus One. Since this is a relatively new announcement, I would wait and see if ATT will consider the Nexus One one of their phones and then force you to have a $30 smartphone data plan. I am currently using the $15 "medianet" data plan from ATT because they don't detect my smartphone as one of theirs. This is assuming you are under contract with ATT so you can't just leave and go to T-Mobile for their cheaper data/phone plans.  

^^ it is a big purchase, my idea was to sell my 3gs and use that money for the nexus, basically trading a 4 month old iPhone for brand new nexus one. And AT&T can't force me to have a data plan, buying phones unsubsidized allows you to use phones like the bold 2 without a data plan, but I will get it anyways

Back
Top Bottom