NFL 2010 Pro Bowl Selections

idk who to make a case over, and i probably can't.

but man, thomas jones deserves to be there again.

Vern still had MAD Drops.

Yeah but he also had MAD touchdowns so he's okay. I know DoubleJ's didn't want to see Vernon in the Pro Bowl again,but it is what it is. Don't worry champ maybe Chris Cooley will make the another Pro Bowl somewhere down the road..........
happy.gif

no thomas jones and moss? but then again, the AFC is just loaded with RB/WR and with that core, geez......

lol. yeah, just run the ball on both sides. the safeties/corners on both is just insane....

oh and i cant believe witten is in there.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Bryant McKinnie is a starter in the Pro Bowl?

THE Bryant McKinnie that was benched on national television against the Carolina Panthers last week for getting abused on every snap?

Oh ok.
JPZ...let me ask you....

would you have been mad if Ryan Grant had been selected over AP for the pro bowl RB spot? Is it debatable the Grant was more deserving? AP has tailed off in the last 6-7 games, and the fumbles aren't things that you can ignore. I know the PB voting process is about popularity, but what do you think?
Well, I see your point but I think Ryan Grant would be a bad alternative. I'm aware that he has pretty good stats this season, but is he really a pro bowl caliber player? I would say no. Anybody that watches multiple Packer games should know that, and hell even the Packer fans on here will tell you that they are surprised when he has a good day rushing. Check the statlines:

Peterson - 1329 YDs, 17 TDs, 4.4 per/carry
Grant - 1202 YDs, 10 TDs, 4.4 per/carry

It's certainly debatable that Ryan Grant (based on his stats) deserves a spot, but I don't think Adrian Peterson would be the one you would substitute out for Grant. I mean, DeAngelo Williams has 1117 YDs and 7 TDs, Steven Jackson has 1353 YDs and only 4 TDs. Grant has better stats than DeAngelo, and AP has better stats than DeAngelo and Jackson. Although Adrian Peterson's year hasn't been smooth or consistent, I don't think you can ignore the stats, and the stats say he's far and away better on paper than all NFC RBs (about the same amount of rushing yards as Steven Jackson and is 7 touchdowns ahead of every other NFC RB at 17). However, I do think that touchdowns for RBs can be an overrated stat at times.

When I say you can't ignore the stats, that means fumbles as well. Adrian Peterson has 6 fumbles this year and that definitely deserves as much attention as all of his other stats. Although, AP had 9 fumbles in 2008 and you really didn't hear people saying they were reluctant to give him a spot because of that, which means with three less this year (6) that shouldn't discourage anyone from giving him a spot this year either in my opinion. I know there's still a game left, but I doubt that he's going to fumble three times next week...or at least I hope not
laugh.gif

Again, I see what you're getting at and it's not a bad point. Definitely something that can be debated. I just think that the Vikings offensive line should be given the blame for our RB troubles this year, and not Adrian Peterson. Sure, we have a ton of big names, but when you watch the games you would see that they are getting absolutely no push most of the time. The holes aren't there and even a runningback like Adrian Peterson can't put up solid numbers if the blocking in front of him is sub-par.

Sorry for the essay-esque post
laugh.gif

No need to apologize bro....you made some great points. I like to look at the whole body of work rather than getting into the PB based off of a 1/2 a seasonor off of reputation. The fact that AP's pro bowl merit can be debated makes NT and the S&T forum great....

I know DoubleJ's didn't want to see Vernon in the Pro Bowl again

[arnold jackson] what u talkin' bout willis? [/arnold jackson]

The Pro Bowl AGAIN? This is that bamma's first trip...don't get ahead of yourself "champ."

Josh Sitton is a semi-snub here... Best player on the Packers OL... hes really been playing his *@+ off

But

Rodgers
Wood
and Collins were as expected.
pimp.gif

Vikings OL getting by on past rep
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bryant McKinnie is a starter in the Pro Bowl?

THE Bryant McKinnie that was benched on national television against the Carolina Panthers last week for getting abused on every snap?

Oh ok.
JPZ...let me ask you....

would you have been mad if Ryan Grant had been selected over AP for the pro bowl RB spot? Is it debatable the Grant was more deserving? AP has tailed off in the last 6-7 games, and the fumbles aren't things that you can ignore. I know the PB voting process is about popularity, but what do you think?
Well, I see your point but I think Ryan Grant would be a bad alternative. I'm aware that he has pretty good stats this season, but is he really a pro bowl caliber player? I would say no. Anybody that watches multiple Packer games should know that, and hell even the Packer fans on here will tell you that they are surprised when he has a good day rushing. Check the statlines:

Peterson - 1329 YDs, 17 TDs, 4.4 per/carry
Grant - 1202 YDs, 10 TDs, 4.4 per/carry

It's certainly debatable that Ryan Grant (based on his stats) deserves a spot, but I don't think Adrian Peterson would be the one you would substitute out for Grant. I mean, DeAngelo Williams has 1117 YDs and 7 TDs, Steven Jackson has 1353 YDs and only 4 TDs. Grant has better stats than DeAngelo, and AP has better stats than DeAngelo and Jackson. Although Adrian Peterson's year hasn't been smooth or consistent, I don't think you can ignore the stats, and the stats say he's far and away better on paper than all NFC RBs (about the same amount of rushing yards as Steven Jackson and is 7 touchdowns ahead of every other NFC RB at 17). However, I do think that touchdowns for RBs can be an overrated stat at times.

When I say you can't ignore the stats, that means fumbles as well. Adrian Peterson has 6 fumbles this year and that definitely deserves as much attention as all of his other stats. Although, AP had 9 fumbles in 2008 and you really didn't hear people saying they were reluctant to give him a spot because of that, which means with three less this year (6) that shouldn't discourage anyone from giving him a spot this year either in my opinion. I know there's still a game left, but I doubt that he's going to fumble three times next week...or at least I hope not
laugh.gif

Again, I see what you're getting at and it's not a bad point. Definitely something that can be debated. I just think that the Vikings offensive line should be given the blame for our RB troubles this year, and not Adrian Peterson. Sure, we have a ton of big names, but when you watch the games you would see that they are getting absolutely no push most of the time. The holes aren't there and even a runningback like Adrian Peterson can't put up solid numbers if the blocking in front of him is sub-par.

Sorry for the essay-esque post
laugh.gif

No need to apologize bro....you made some great points. I like to look at the whole body of work rather than getting into the PB based off of a 1/2 a season or off of reputation. The fact that AP's pro bowl merit can be debated makes NT and the S&T forum great....

I know DoubleJ's didn't want to see Vernon in the Pro Bowl again

[arnold jackson] what u talkin' bout willis? [/arnold jackson]

The Pro Bowl AGAIN? This is that bamma's first trip...don't get ahead of yourself "champ."

He was actually first alternate last year.

im not sure if it was said yet, but as a chargers fan i think its a crime VJ isnt on that roster.

i figured andre and reggie were for sure gonna be the first 2, but i honestly thought he would be the 3rd wr.

Kinda crazy how not 1 single Bengal made it. Even guys like Thomas Jones and Vincent Jackson got left off.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

So wes welker is a top 4 WR this year?
smh.gif

I guess catching alot of short route passes makes you a top receiver
smh.gif

he averages 11 per catch... and has the highest YPG in the league. I mean... if you're gonna hate, at least understand what you're saying..
save your breath, bro. no one is gonna give this man props aside from pats fans and CP
laugh.gif

dude deserves to be there. he's makes the NE offense go, if you can't see that, you're not watching NE games. and as always, im NOT saying he'selite or on andre johnson's level...but his contributions are matched by very few WRs in the league.

I guess not being named Ray Lewis stopped David Harris from a spot.

So stupid to have it before the SB and in Miami
indifferent.gif
...it shouldalways be in Hawaii.

Congrats Orakpo.

Back
Top Bottom