NFL and NCAA CLEATS & FOOTBALL GEAR: 2017-2018 SEASON

Watched that video...the reverse Jumpan is on Shoe Palace website because the shoe is backwards. You can see that on the Lunarlon.

He did make the same points I noticed initially...the shoe is much more re-enforced then the basketball version.The mesh, whatever type of synthetic leather they used on the upper. All stiffer.

On the lows I wished they used the Vapor Untouchable Pro plate with the gradient or chrome finish like Jordan Brand athletes got but I understand why they didn't do that as this is going to be a mass produced shoe.

I tried it again. I got through, got an order confirmation. No cancellation or out of stock notification yet.

I grabbed a 9.5 in cool grey from Nike (since I had a promo code) and repped you for the link sir! Not keeping my white/blk low in 9.5 from shoe palace if anyone is looking.

I grabbed a 9.5 in cool grey from Nike (since I had a promo code) and repped you for the link sir! Not keeping my white/blk low in 9.5 from shoe palace if anyone is looking.

Sheesh. Im still waiting for a "shipped" from shoe palace right now.

Had the chance to wear the Concord lows to run routes today.

I'm 5'9, 155. I rotate between Vapor Untouchable Pro, Vapor Carbon Elite, and Zoom Vapor Carbons. I went TTS.

Right from the jump they aren't any of those cleats. Those cleats contain your foot better and give you more of a low profile feel to the field. Because of that I had to securely tie and pull on the laces to get a lock down feel. Even then it did feel like it slipped in the heel and that is probably because I am so use to how tight the heel is on the VP Pros. Now once you start playing you don't notice it. You will have to pull on the laces a couple times to get that lock down feel because for me after an hour the laces loosened up.

They feel good. No initial break in period. They feel pretty light. Traction plate is good. Never slipped or lost my footing.

Overall I wouldn't use these as my every day cleat or replace any of my above mentioned cleats but they will work for a game here and there.

I'd be pissed if I signed an LOI with a school and then they switched up brands

anyone own the alpha menace elites? I wanna get a pair but I'm unsure of sizing. I'm a TTS 7.5, only cleats I can use as comparisons are the original Alpha Pro's which were a size 8, or my Freak x Carbon's in a 7.5. I'm planning to wear an ankle brace so I should be fine with a 7.5? I heard they were hella loose cause of the flyknit

So this is a little late, but UT snuck in an athletic surplus sale at their spring game last month and I was actually able to grab some cool stuff for a change. The Lunarbeasts are nice, but I’m really excited to finally get a pair of the Texas Vapor Carbon Elite 2014s. Definitely the best haul I've ever had from one of these Texas gear sales.
D5A5895D-53B0-4DCD-98C2-A4AC28ED0B8A.jpeg 22F1D01A-F265-46EB-9CD3-C725A13AE7E7.jpeg

On another note, was anyone able to make it to the Oregon surplus sale a few weeks ago? I saw some of the gear hit eBay but I was curious if anyone on here was able to grab anything cool.

So this is a little late, but UT snuck in an athletic surplus sale at their spring game last month and I was actually able to grab some cool stuff for a change. The Lunarbeasts are nice, but I’m really excited to finally get a pair of the Texas Vapor Carbon Elite 2014s. Definitely the best haul I've ever had from one of these Texas gear sales.
D5A5895D-53B0-4DCD-98C2-A4AC28ED0B8A.jpeg 22F1D01A-F265-46EB-9CD3-C725A13AE7E7.jpeg

On another note, was anyone able to make it to the Oregon surplus sale a few weeks ago? I saw some of the gear hit eBay but I was curious if anyone on here was able to grab anything cool.

Nice pick ups! Can never go wrong with VC 2014s.

To my knowledge, through the many volumes of these types of threads I can't remember anyone directly from this board attending Oregon's Surplus Sales. These days that sale has gotten so big and popular I would imagine, unless you have connections or a season ticket holder you are going to be waiting for a long time. By the time you get in it would be $300 helmets, size 14 shoes and 3 or 4 XL clothes left since the small sizes go first.

langfor5 langfor5 Yeah it does seem like it’s gotten a lot bigger in recent years and that they publicize it more. With the UT one it seems like they tried to keep it really low key, as in the past when they’ve advertised it tons of people would show up and the staff would be overwhelmed.

I still love surplus sales like these though, and I feel like it’s something all major schools should do.

langfor5 langfor5 Yeah it does seem like it’s gotten a lot bigger in recent years and that they publicize it more. With the UT one it seems like they tried to keep it really low key, as in the past when they’ve advertised it tons of people would show up and the staff would be overwhelmed.

I still love surplus sales like these though, and I feel like it’s something all major schools should do.

I would love for KU to do them every two years. That would be great. If you can find team issued gear that fits you it is better than what us as fans get from sporting goods stores, online, etc.

Air Jordan XI Columbia and Black / Red on Eastbay in both mid and low. Black / Red looks kinda nice.

Played in the lows for a couple of games last weekend. Not bad. They don't have the initial lock down, secure fit as say a Vapor Untouchable Pro but once you put them on, lace them tight and start playing you don't even realize it. Have a pair of the Cool Grey Mids that I have yet to play in.

Copped a pair of the Columbia Lows for something like $105 shipped with a 17% off. Clutch they didn't exclude these from any discounts. Looks like they're supposed to arrive on the 28th, will post pics.

Air Jordan XI Columbia and Black / Red on Eastbay in both mid and low. Black / Red looks kinda nice.

Played in the lows for a couple of games last weekend. Not bad. They don't have the initial lock down, secure fit as say a Vapor Untouchable Pro but once you put them on, lace them tight and start playing you don't even realize it. Have a pair of the Cool Grey Mids that I have yet to play in.

Are they light?

Are they light?

They don't feel as light as say a VC Elite 2014 or Zoom VC but in comparison to the Vapor Untouchable Pros I have been wearing recently they feel exactly the same. I don't have the exact weight in oz but if I remember correctly the XI low was about or close to the same weight as the Untouchable Pro.

Back
Top Bottom