NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colt lyerla was probably the most talented TE in this draft, without his off the field stuff he's going pretty high

Teams want nothing to do with him

Look at how many heisman winners are out of the league right now.. Chad lavalais who won he same award went in the 5th.. Then you have all the sec defensive players that left for the draft last year

The truth of the matter is he's an undersized 4-3 defensive end and doesn't have the agility to be a 3-4 OLB.. So that makes him a situational pass rusher and those guys don't got til the 4th or 5th.. And this was a very deep draft
Lyeria had real off field problems though, so that's not a good comparison.

Chip Kelly must be giving Lyerla one hell of a bad reference. You know every coach thinking about taking a chance on him is giving Chip a call.

How crazy would you look defending the kid at this point? Probably lost that favor after the Sandy Hook nonsense.

@PzFeed: BREAKING NEWS: Aaron Hernandez has been indicted for a July 2012 double murder in Boston.

@PzFeed: BREAKING NEWS: Aaron Hernandez has been indicted for a July 2012 double murder in Boston.

I guess the crucifixion of Pacman Jones on the cross didnt work out to well for the NFL's image...

I wonder how long it will take before the NFL starts being implicated in some of these cases?

Background checks? Interviews? Psychological analysis? BULL

They harbor criminals and they cover up what ever they can until it blows up in their face and then they pretend there was no way they could have known anything.

I am not saying they knew that AH was Tony Montana but cannot believe they had no idea he was into shady business.

I guess the crucifixion of Pacman Jones on the cross didnt work out to well for the NFL's image...

I wonder how long it will take before the NFL starts being implicated in some of these cases?

Background checks? Interviews? Psychological analysis? BULL

They harbor criminals and they cover up what ever they can until it blows up in their face and then they pretend there was no way they could have known anything.

I am not saying they knew that AH was Tony Montana but cannot believe they had no idea he was into shady business.

I gotta agree with this post. I mean, if you think about the highly scrutinized process an NFL draft prospect goes through during evaluation of skills, athletic ability, intellectual horsepower and moral character--You're bound to learn a lot about the person, inside and out.

I can't help but to believe the Patriots and other teams were aware of Aaron Hernandez's history and the people he associates himself with. I guess they took a chance and rolled the dice hoping Bill Bellicheck would be a good influence and he'd be another great product coming out the "New England Way" :lol:

But we are not talking about the NFL knowing a guy has a weed problem or the NFL knowing a guy has a dog fighting ring or the NFL knowing a guy is a Crip.

We are talking about the NFL having an alleged serial killer playing for them. How ridiculous does it have to get before they get some Donald Sterling type of backlash?

They burried Sam Hurd under a rug...I do not think this is going to go away as easy.

Last edited:
What are they supposed to do to find out someone is a killer that the ****** law didn't find out for two years..

You want the NFL to punish players on predictions of doing criminal things?

What are they supposed to do to find out someone is a killer that the ****** law didn't find out for two years..

You want the NFL to punish players on predictions of doing criminal things?

No, I do not want the NFL to do anything. They will reap whatever they sow as the saying goes. The more shady people they let into the league because they are good football players the more egg they will wear on their face. At some point the risk outweighs the reward. I think Aaron Hernandez is blowing that risk model they were using out of the water.

I would love to see an investigative journalist get some proof as to A.) How much they really do know about a player or B.) How much of a joke the NFL is at policing players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom