NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see anything about it being upheld, only that it concluded. I'm still going with it'll be reduced.

Last edited by a moderator:
where you guys seeing upheld? or are y'all just trying to make me drive my car into oncoming traffic or something? :nerd:

:lol:

#FreeBrady

Don't see anything about it being upheld, only that it concluded. I'm still going with it'll be reduced.
I think it gets reduced as well. Down to 1 or 2 games. For completely different reasons than you think, I'm sure. 
laugh.gif

If that does happen, the million dollar question is does Brady have it in him to take it to the next level and essentially become a pawn in a much larger game?

Gut feeling says he doesn't and accepts it, much to the NFLPA's dismay. 

By the way...how obvious is it that Shefty has a source in Brady/NFLPA camp? 

CIOvHvZWUAAqHS1.jpg:large

Made him sound like he was Gandhi or Mother Teresa. Couldn't help but laugh. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Gotta know when to sort through the **** with these leaks. 

I believe I said from the beginning it'd get down to two. I think the case is shaky but I also don't think TB has the grapefruits to take this to the next level (nor do I think that's what he should do)

You really think he should go after them? Just take the short vacation and be done with it. So much easier. Keeps him as a golden boy of the NFL (now and in the future)

Last edited:
Brady going after the NFL would be foolish to me, just take what is given to you and come back during the year

Biting the hand that feeds.

Just not sure how to apply that; NFL biting the hand that has fed, or Brady biting?

Good guy Brady. The choir boy shining through at the appeal :pimp:

:rofl:

While I don't doubt that he was there and actively participating, that report is OD :lol:

regardless...

#FreeBrady

Much bigger fish to fry here. I've always looked at this entire episode from a grander scale.

This could very well be your union's best opportunity to fix something that's broken and scale back the power from an incompetent league office. Roger's been much more careful this time around vs. his mistakes in Bountygate, AP, Ray Rice so he knows damn well what's at stake too. The NFL does NOT want the risk of having this in the hands of a federal judge. Hence their deliberate wording and handling of the process in this case.

NFLPA has nothing to lose, everything to gain. This isn't just about an individual suspension, PR battles, precedent, etc. 

Don't get me wrong...nothing is guaranteed either way. But you're MUCH more likely to get what is fair now for your union + fellow players rather than a negotiation for it in 5 years when the CBA is up. It wasn't 'eem up for discussion in the 2011 lockout. 
sick.gif
mean.gif
 Good luck trying to win that one in the future with the same guys in charge (Goodell, D. Smith) as last time. 

Tom has always been a company guy and like @dmxfury  mentioned, he doesn't strike me as the type to see this all the way through. He absolutely should because now it's bigger than him and this Deflategate foolishness. Probably won't though. 

Last edited:
Patriots owner Bob Kraft, who is on a trip to Israel with a group of Pro Football Hall of Famers, sent a sworn affidavit backing Brady. One source said the affidavit was very compelling, and had "almost a holy feel to it".

Patriots owner Bob Kraft, who is on a trip to Israel with a group of Pro Football Hall of Famers, sent a sworn affidavit backing Brady. One source said the affidavit was very compelling, and had "almost a holy feel to it".
Man, WUT. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The dude feeding the info on these stories is out of control. Gandhi, Mother Teresa, and Jesus Christ are now fighting the league. 
laugh.gif

This is what I've been saying from the jump though...there is so much agenda driven nonsense that goes on w/ these reports that you have to know when to take them w/ a grain of salt.

Word to Mort's original report shortly after the AFC Title game and all the BS that followed. Plus D. Jax being made out to be Tookie Williams last offseason. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom