NFL Hits Thread 2011....#86 on the cards = ERASED (pg. 6)

Holy #!%@
sick.gif
eek.gif

he was looking like me at 3am on a friday night when he tried to get up and take a few steps
laugh.gif

See...I don't get the officiating.

The Ochocinco hit, dude led with his pads. The flag was hitting a defenseless receiver helmet to helmet...OK (benefit of the doubt, protecting the WR)
The Woodhead hit, the guy clearly led with his helmet. No flag for a helmet to helmet hit...huh?

I thought the NFL was taking a more strict stance on such hits.

^ dude will be getting a fine regardless. on kickoffs, it's tough to keep track of everyone who's getting blocked, so they may have no caught the helmet to helmet at game speed.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ dude will be getting a fine regardless. on kickoffs, it's tough to keep track of everyone who's getting blocked, so they may have no caught the helmet to helmet at game speed.
Oh you're right...I forgot that the league reviews the tapes during week and assess fines.
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Ocho be taking hits like that all the time, props to him for having the heart to still go over the middle

I remember him getting laid out by the Eagles in last year's preseason games almost in the same way he got laid out last night.
He's a tough cat indeed.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Ocho be taking hits like that all the time, props to him for having the heart to still go over the middle

truth....
pimp.gif

I was at that game, got blown up

Can't wait to see how many Ryan Clark hits make it on here

That was a great hit on Woodhead, dude got lit up, and the announcer crying like Danny can hear him on the field.........."he needs to get down"
roll.gif
roll.gif

When I see that Woodhead hit, the first thing that pops into my mind is when Jim Rome closes his radio show everyday with "GOOD NIGHT NOW!!!" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chad had a flashback to Carson Palmer leading him straight into a big hit.
laugh.gif

woodhead is tough as %%$#, but he's still a small dude and more apt to get injured in the long run

the helmet to the head thing is a grey area. pads are only inches away from one's head and things can easily change up (direction/speed/force) in a fraction of a second

doubt most players go in with the intent to give direct helmet hits. sometimes it's just unavoidable or beyond one's control

LOL WOW I didn't even see that one, but saw Chad get destroyed, but he got right back up.
Hahaha the announcer "He NEEDS to get down"

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Can someone explain to me why the Mason Foster hit was a penalty?

No one can cause he lead completely with his shoulder. The Patriots have the fix in already in the preseason. We had 10 penalties called against us in the 1st half. I think the only one that they got called for was an illegal block downfield before a receiver caught the ball.

Back
Top Bottom