NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

rutgers helmet is crazy awesome!
10930004-standard.jpg

My boy and Might commit to rutgers at the end of the year of we do I'll send you guys some inside pics lol

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

cleats ND will wear vs. Navy in Ireland:

AsSrhxoCQAAp3ZW.jpg
I love how subtle the three stripes are on these cleats! adidas would be better served to do that to more of their shoes. I know it does nothing for brand recognition, but it makes the shoes look so clean!

This thread is slacking pretty bad.. No pictures of anything lol i know alot of yall still play so wether its flag, or full pad upload your pics! Show us what gear your rockin yeah?

A few pictures from a recent tournament out here in Houston!

Obviously im the ball carrier lol

Originally Posted by VTRAN

This thread is slacking pretty bad.. No pictures of anything lol i know alot of yall still play so wether its flag, or full pad upload your pics! Show us what gear your rockin yeah?

A few pictures from a recent tournament out here in Houston!

Obviously im the ball carrier lol

Yall dont play shirts and skins
frown.gif

lol no, this was a tournament in which one team from UH (University of Houston) UT, Texas A&M, UTA ( Texas-Arlington) UTSA, Baylor, Rice, and HBU played in so we knew who was who

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Eastbay Rep,
will you be getting the Cutters x40 gloves in youth sizes?
We are not expecting to receive them in youth sizes at this time, sorry.

EastbayRep - Ray

Everyone should try to hit up nike.com and use coupon GRANDLSAM to get 20% off all clearance items! They got gloves and cleats superbads vapor speeds etc. for real cheap! Lookin out for y'all hit it up!!!!!!

Sup guys,

Just going to do a quick review on the new Cutter x40 gloves that I just bought:

sportsunlimited_2210_12932022669

Right out of the box, these gloves fit a bit more snug than the previous versions of the Cutter C-Tack glove.  

They are noticeably thicker than my Nike Vapor Jet gloves. The Vapor Jet gloves were basically a mesh material with a palm sowed on...while the Cutters x40 have padding. The material is much thicker and it may not provide me with a "feel for the ball" type of grip that I had hoped for.  

This may be due to the fact that the palm material on Cutters gloves are much different than Nike/UA/Reebok.

I have not tested these out with catching or throwing, hopefully the snugness will help with the "feel for the ball"

Once I take these out for a ride, I'll do an updated post with the review.

Hope this helps, cheers.

What's the verdict on the Vapor Talon Elite? I remember someone said the upper is so thin that it compromises stability, does anyone else have other opinions?

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

What's the verdict on the Vapor Talon Elite? I remember someone said the upper is so thin that it compromises stability, does anyone else have other opinions?

as I wrote before, the VTE is an awkward fitting cleat out of the box. However, I exchanged them for the vapor pro lows and they fit, and were much more comfortable that the elites (and lighter). the upper is similar it seems, but there is some mesh on the pro low. as for stability on the pro's I felt that the hyperfuse upper is stiff enough to take even the toughest cuts and does not stretch much. However they do break in very fast.

Back
Top Bottom