NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie.

That sounds ridiculous :lol:
Thats because you probably don’t know or dont remember what Cooper was doing off the field

Cooper was traded because they wanted CeeDee to be the #1…..

He’s production was all the leadership needed
If I remember correctly everyone was saying he went 👻 in the big games

Leadership was important because Cee Dee was a rookie

Are yall not paying attention to the Ja Morant 💩 thats going on right now???

Thats because you probably don’t know or dont remember what Cooper was doing off the field

If I remember correctly everyone was saying he went 👻 in the big games

Leadership was important because Cee Dee was a rookie

Are yall not paying attention to the Ja Morant 💩 thats going on right now???

A team that’s NOTORIOUSLY under achieved for 20+ years, overweight Zeke, the same team that called Dez out for his passion….

… but Coop is to blame for the shortcomings of a team that was soft before he got here? No sir.

Ja Morant is irrelevant. Show me a player on the team who’s showing guns or acting buckwild. Ja is just stuck on stupid. He’s responsible for his own ineptitude. He needs to be accountable on his own.

Amari has always lead by example. He’s not out here doing silliness like Ja.

Dez Bryant was literally chastised and ridiculed for being a leader. He was the most passionate and boisterous leader on the squad during his era and he was constantly berated by the media. Why would Coop want to subject himself to that? Dez showed up and showed out every Sunday, played with passion and the media and fans still disrespected dude…

Last edited:
The same stuff people like Dez got criticism for, dudes wanted Amari to wild out and get the same treatment nah. Can’t scapegoat Amari when the whole team was already soft and living off the reputation of prior dynasties.

Ironically, Crooks is a quiet, lead by example type dude as well. And he’s also staunchly religious

A team that’s NOTORIOUSLY under achieved for 20+ years, overweight Zeke, the same team that called Dez out for his passion….

… but Coop is to blame for the shortcomings of a team that was soft before he got her? No sir.

Ja Morant is irrelevant. Show me a player on the team who’s showing guns or acting buckwild.

Amari has always lead by example. He’s not out here doing silliness like Ja.

Man Amari had Cee Dee at mavericks games with no mask while Covid was still rampant

Meanwhile Amari was catching Covid twice and missing crucial games

All this and Amari chose not to vaccinate but also chose not to take precautions so he wasn’t leading and was butting heads with the front office

***For the record I didn’t mention Ja because I think he’s doing something wrong
I was just using whats happening to him as an example

What difference does it make? So just because Tunsil warranted 75 million, it’s okay to represent himself? But since Lamar wants 200+, he needs an agent…?
Nah, I think either way they're not tryna give Lamar that kind of guaranteed money.

What I'm saying is it's even less likely and a more corrosive process without an agent.

I'd guess Lamar probably hates their guts at this point, not just cause they're trying to skip out on the bill, but also because they've very likely told him exactly how they feel about him to his face.

Last edited:
Man Amari had Cee Dee at mavericks games with no mask while Covid was still rampant

Meanwhile Amari was catching Covid twice and missing crucial games

All this and Amari chose not to vaccinate but also chose not to take precautions so he wasn’t leading and was butting heads with the front office

***For the record I didn’t mention Ja because I think he’s doing something wrong
I was just using whats happening to him as an example

If you wanted to say he was traded because of not wanting to get vaccinated, you should’ve said that.

CeeDee is an adult. Amari isn’t responsible for him not being vaccinated. I didn’t even know about Amari not being vaccinated and that justifies him being traded.

He had nothing to do with his leadership or production

Nah, I think either way they're not tryna give Lamar that kind of guaranteed money.

And it's even less likely and a more corrosive process without an agent.

I'd guess Lamar probably hates their guts at this point, not just cause they're trying to skip out on the bill, but also because they've very likely told him exactly how they feel about him to his face.

Lamar’s process is more corrosive without an agent… but Tunsil and Roquan Smith’s contracts (which were done without agents) aren’t. Make it make sense :lol: :lol:

Lamar needs an agent, but they don’t. Got it!

If you wanted to say he was traded because of not wanting to get vaccinated, you should’ve said that.

CeeDee is an adult. Amari isn’t responsible for him not being vaccinated. I didn’t even know about Amari not being vaccinated and that justifies him being traded.

He had nothing to do with his leadership or production
He wasn’t traded because he didn’t want to get vaccinated

He was traded because he knew he wasn’t vaccinated and wasn’t taking additional precautions, which led to him contracting Covid TWICE in the same season

He missed the chiefs game that we lost 19-9 because he was out with Covid
And missed another game because he was out with Covid
Not to mention when he came back from Covid his numbers completely fell off

Lamar’s process is more corrosive without an agent… but Tunsil and Roquan Smith’s contracts (which were done without agents) aren’t. Make it make sense :lol: :lol:

That's not at all what I'm saying fam :lol:

What I'm saying is that I don't think it's appropriate to call out the negotiations of Tunsil and Roquan as reference points for Lamars situation.

That's not at all what I'm saying fam :lol:

What I'm saying is that I don't think it's appropriate to call out the negotiations of Tunsil and Roquan as reference points for Lamars situation.
Not only do I agree with this, I believe that those players and their organizations have a better relationship than what Lamar has with the Ravens. No excuse for the Ravens to not have got this deal done years ago. I am tired of hearing about the Browns. You better bet if the Browns had Lamar they would’ve signed him way before the market exploded.

Not only do I agree with this, I believe that those players and their organizations have a better relationship than what Lamar has with the Ravens. No excuse for the Ravens to not have got this deal done years ago. I am tired of hearing about the Browns. You better bet if the Browns had Lamar they would’ve signed him way before the market exploded.
Lol. Let’s not make the browns the standard after that deal they gave to a predator who hasn’t played football in years.

But yes. Deal should have been done and I’m glad Lamar is protecting himself and his future by not playing if he’s not healthy.

I thought the main reason Cooper was traded was because of his contract and him getting 20 mil a year.

You are talking about a QB asking for a deal that’s only been done once so there is very little precedence. Not to mention he is asking for it from an organization that historically doesn’t pay at that position and won two SBs in a 13-year span doing so. Furthermore, the each of the past two years when they were rolling, he has been out in December.

For a lot of organizations this is black and white but they have never built a team in this manner over the course of their entire existence which is why Roquan got paid - because he fits with what they have done historically.

The goof was not paying him earlier. That is what landed them in this position. Some don’t even have him as a Top 5 QB in the AFC (Deshaun isn’t either but Cleveland is a historically desperate/poor-decision making franchise). They legitimately might be waiting to see what happens with Herbo and Burrow.

You also have to have to consider he got the non-exclusive tags and so far there have been no rumors of serious negotiations with other teams. You can bring up unfounded speculation of collusion amongst agents or the league but without other offers, the Ravens are technically proven right.

YES LAMAR DESERVES TO GET PAID. But there is a sophisticated far more sophisticated business dynamic than that in the NFL IMO.

I thought the main reason Cooper was traded was because of his contract and him getting 20 mil a year.
This is why he was traded
Making $20mill and being irresponsible during Covid
Cowboys lost both games he missed

Covid games wrecked his season and it probably could’ve been avoided if he took the suggested precautions

3B839BE7-6921-4534-B5F4-AA90FBE77997.jpeg

But weren’t the Cowboys in cap hell going into that offseason though? I remember his contract being talked about heavily that offseason.

Even tho Gilmore closed out and won 3 games for the colts last year, ima go with Slay/Bradberry.

You are talking about a QB asking for a deal that’s only been done once so there is very little precedence. Not to mention he is asking for it from an organization that historically doesn’t pay at that position and won two SBs in a 13-year span doing so. Furthermore, the each of the past two years when they were rolling, he has been out in December.

For a lot of organizations this is black and white but they have never built a team in this manner over the course of their entire existence which is why Roquan got paid - because he fits with what they have done historically.

The goof was not paying him earlier. That is what landed them in this position. Some don’t even have him as a Top 5 QB in the AFC (Deshaun isn’t either but Cleveland is a historically desperate/poor-decision making franchise). They legitimately might be waiting to see what happens with Herbo and Burrow.

You also have to have to consider he got the non-exclusive tags and so far there have been no rumors of serious negotiations with other teams. You can bring up unfounded speculation of collusion amongst agents or the league but without other offers, the Ravens are technically proven right.

YES LAMAR DESERVES TO GET PAID. But there is a sophisticated far more sophisticated business dynamic than that in the NFL IMO.

1. We still don’t know what he has or hasn’t been offered so I take all these “offers” and “counter offers” we’ve heard through the media with a grain of salt. If he wasn’t offered Kyler money as a baseline then that is a problem.

2. The NFL is night and day different from the when the Ravens won their SBs. This is a QB driven league and you have to pay to play. The Ravens defense looked bad last year even when Lamar was cooking early on so their spend on defense won’t save them in a shootout with these young elite QBs. The Broncos aren’t mortgaging their future on Russ if it wasn’t a QB driven league and you could win without an elite QB.

3. How can the Ravens beat Mahomes, Allen and Burrow if they don’t have an elite QB?

4. I think Lamar is clearly a top 5 QB in the AFC and has done so without nearly the weapons on offense that those other guys have.

5. I have asked this many times but why weren’t the Ravens better on offense when Lamar was on a rookie deal? Were they sleep at the wheel?

6. I think Herbo is overrated if I’m honest.

7. Deep down I believe that the Ravens will match any offer (even a fully guaranteed deal) by any team so I don’t believe teams are going to do the Ravens job for them or help them in any way. There is no doubt in my mind that teams have called the Raven about Lamar and I’m sure the asking price for him is astronomical.

thats surprising.....hes nice....giants should have gotten him....

why are eagles letting good young players leave??? kept 2 old corners.... might lose their safety next

bradberry turns 30 in august

seumalo turns 30 in October

we basically red shirted our top 3 picks from last season.. who happen to play dline (jordan Davis), oline (cam jurgens) and LB (nakobe Dean)

Cousins and Watson, the only two QBs to land fully guaranteed multi-year deals in league history, had agents. Rodgers and Wilson, who are more accomplished than Lamar, signed deals after Watson that weren’t fully guaranteed but still had massive guarantees. Both missed the playoffs while showing signs of decline. Kyler got hurt on a non-contact play and will miss an entire season after signing for massive guarantees.

All billionaires aren’t equal and this goes beyond salary cap implications and the football world. Tying up a rumored quarter billion dollars in one human being while having to keep $40-50 mil liquid in an escrow account every year for the next several years is a big ask, period. Now add there are no guarantees it’ll lead to a positive ROI and no way to mitigate risk. Does this sound like an investment decision or a gamble?

Lamar isn’t incapable of negotiating or earning big money. He’s put himself in position to do that already. But agent-led negotiations is a familiar concept to these owners he’s supposedly asking to assume all the risk with no other assurances from Lamar other than he’ll do his best to do something he’s never done before - win a SB.

1. We still don’t know what he has or hasn’t been offered so I take all these “offers” and “counter offers” we’ve heard through the media with a grain of salt. If he wasn’t offered Kyler money as a baseline then that is a problem.

2. The NFL is night and day different from the when the Ravens won their SBs. This is a QB driven league and you have to pay to play. The Ravens defense looked bad last year even when Lamar was cooking early on so their spend on defense won’t save them in a shootout with these young elite QBs. The Broncos aren’t mortgaging their future on Russ if it wasn’t a QB driven league and you could win without an elite QB.

3. How can the Ravens beat Mahomes, Allen and Burrow if they don’t have an elite QB?

4. I think Lamar is clearly a top 5 QB in the AFC and has done so without nearly the weapons on offense that those other guys have.

5. I have asked this many times but why weren’t the Ravens better on offense when Lamar was on a rookie deal? Were they sleep at the wheel?

6. I think Herbo is overrated if I’m honest.

7. Deep down I believe that the Ravens will match any offer (even a fully guaranteed deal) by any team so I don’t believe teams are going to do the Ravens job for them or help them in any way. There is no doubt in my mind that teams have called the Raven about Lamar and I’m sure the asking price for him is astronomical.

1. Totally agree, no one outside of his camp and the organization knows so no point in discussing it

2. I agree the league is different and the defense looked bad early on….which is why they got Roquan and **** COMPLETELY changed

ELITE

3. I don’t know how I am supposed to answer this question but I know Eric DeCosta and Steve Biscotti would respond “How are you supposed to beat Mahomes, Allen and Burrow if your elite QB is injured in December and January?”

4. He’s absolutely done the most with less plus what he can do with his legs is unparalleled. EYE would have him in the Top 5 in the AFC but not everyone sees it this way.

5. Great question. They drafted a WR every year (and I think they plan to this year as well) but my guess is that their offense was largely based on the run and they must have been capped out otherwise based on other long-term contracts before they got him? I would have to look at that + signings during that time to give you the most accurate answer, though.

6. I am not either. Him having “the look” and being HANDSOME in Los Angeles probably plays into it tbh.

7. Yeah, they aren’t going to let him walk for ONLY two FRPs when they could get/could have gotten more via a regular trade :lol: It’s ****ty, man. I get it but at the same time, it’s business.

To be clear - I am not responding based on how I personally feel because I am with y’all…minus the him leaving part :lol: I am responding with what I believe to be their stance based on how they are moving because I think it at least adds some perspective to why we are where we are. EYE would have paid him early |l

1. Totally agree, no one outside of his camp and the organization knows so no point in discussing it

2. I agree the league is different and the defense looked bad early on….which is why they got Roquan and **** COMPLETELY changed

ELITE

3. I don’t know how I am supposed to answer this question but I know Eric DeCosta and Steve Biscotti would respond “How are you supposed to beat Mahomes, Allen and Burrow if your elite QB is injured in December and January?”

4. He’s absolutely done the most with less plus what he can do with his legs is unparalleled. EYE would have him in the Top 5 in the AFC but not everyone sees it this way.

5. Great question. They drafted a WR every year (and I think they plan to this year as well) but my guess is that their offense was largely based on the run and they must have been capped out otherwise based on other long-term contracts before they got him? I would have to look at that + signings during that time to give you the most accurate answer, though.

6. I am not either. Him having “the look” and being HANDSOME in Los Angeles probably plays into it tbh.

7. Yeah, they aren’t going to let him walk for ONLY two FRPs when they could get/could have gotten more via a regular trade :lol: It’s ****ty, man. I get it but at the same time, it’s business.

To be clear - I am not responding based on how I personally feel because I am with y’all…minus the him leaving part :lol: I am responding with what I believe to be their stance based on how they are moving because I think it at least adds some perspective to why we are where we are. EYE would have paid him early |l

I agree with you 200% and appreciate your thoughtfulness. Where I’m coming from is that I’ve seen my Broncos play this game many times only to pay their players but get a bad rep for playing games and being cheap. The Market for Elite QBs is what it is and my point is that if they aren’t offering Kyler money than what are they doing? Part of me believes that the Ravens really don’t believe Lamar is a top 5 QB and they believe that their offensive scheme has more to do with Lamar’s success than Lamar. If Lamar were a more “pure” passer like Mahomes or Burrow I think they would pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom