NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you gotta understand how much money he makes the owners. He deserves it, no matter how much you may hate him.

The players earn them equally as much and can’t even get guaranteed deals.

People not watching football to see Goodell.

I understand what you all are saying though.

The players earn them equally as much and can’t even get guaranteed deals.

People not watching football to see Goodell.

I understand what you all are saying though.
Of course, we all know that.

But until the players take a stand on guaranteed deals (which they won't), players will continue to get hosed in the scenario.

I‘d like to see what it’d look like if a player Cams size had strength had perfect power transfer (feet to hips etc.) for throwing the ball like a Mahomes or even a Kyler.

The ball would be smoking coming out his hands lol.

Saw on IG Cam still going on about he knows there's not 32 QBs in the league better than him.

Sorry to say that's not how it works. He could be top 30 (not saying i believe that) but with recent history + current age you'd be hard pressed to crack a roster. The game is the game.

Saw on IG Cam still going on about he knows there's not 32 QBs in the league better than him.

Sorry to say that's not how it works. He could be top 30 (not saying i believe that) but with recent history + current age you'd be hard pressed to crack a roster. The game is the game.
I agree with him.

The thing is, there are too many caveats with him.

Is an organization willing to change their entire scheme to accommodate an older Cam Newton that didn’t look too good last time we saw him?

I hilghly doubt a coach is willing to go to QB Power for a 30 something year old Cam.

Furthermore, Cam is almost too high profile to be a backup if he was willing to do that. Ex Heisman, All Pro, MVP, Super Bowl apperance QB with a larger than life personality isn’t about to just fade into the background of a team.

So, while he might be the let’s say 30th best QB in the league so is someone like a Taylor Heineke who’s a lot easier to just throw in there.

Main word that comes to mind when thinking about him and his career is gamechanger :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:.

He made game deciding/changing plays in each one of the SB's that he helped win and he was always the kind of player who rose to the occasion in big pressure spots.

The fact that he was doing the same thing back in college too reflects that and was why BB drafted him and trusted him to anchor the defense after Mayo retired. He was made for big games/moments.

He's in a nice spot retiring at 33 too with his physical health mostly in tact and an accomplished playing career :pimp:

Hell of a leader on and off the field and a winner at every level that he played, hope he gets to enjoy his retirement to the fullest after a great career. Gonna be a big miss in that locker room.

Also gonna be interesting sewing who steps up in that role on defense next season with the big leadership void being left by the retirements of McCourty and Zeus.

This a good response but it's over Cam. I ain't even know the last pro bowl he made was his MVP year.

With all this weird *** font I know it had to be like texting off these phones back in the day :lol:
1679445332908.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom