NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 final thoughts on the Lamar situation…

- One thing working against his pursuit of a Watson-esque deal is EVERYBODY hated that deal. Owners, media… Giving someone like Watson all things considered that type of money AND giving up like 3 FRPs to do so was largely panned. No one thinks the Browns came up.

- You can criticize Lamar for not wanting to pay 3% of his deal to an agent - with no guarantee it’ll net him more money. But you should also criticize these owners who aren’t willing to give up 3-5% of their net worth for a franchise QB that has proven to win games.

Kyler and Deshaun each got them huge deals

Kyler and Deshaun each trash

I’ll give Deshaun a slight pass since he’d been out a year

I was with you up until the very last part. I believe the non-exclusive franchise tag entitles Baltimore to two first round picks. If they were going to do like a sign and trade (not sure if that is a thing in the NFL), I would assume that they get more than a 2nd and 1st.

its not set in stone that 2 firsts have to be exchanged...... ravens could agree to trade him to lets say the dolphins for Tua and waddle or lions for goff and a 1st....or bears for fields and future first...lot of people think after the draft teams will take look at Lamar....I just think dude needs to stop with this watson thing.......

colts having the 4th pick thats like having 2 firsts....they won't give ravens that pick and next years.....they of course would rather be 24 and 25 firsts or better yet a trade that ravens are happy with

no one is talking about whats going on with Burrow and Hurts in media....very interesting they havent signed yet....waiting on Lamar?? maybe they asked for 5 for 250 fully guaranteed on signing? Kyler got his deal after his 3rd year - they gotta be getting new deals this off season...

no one is talking about whats going on with Burrow and Hurts in media....very interesting they havent signed yet....waiting on Lamar?? maybe they asked for 5 for 250 fully guaranteed on signing? Kyler got his deal after his 3rd year - they gotta be getting new deals this off season...

Have you looked at the timeline for previous deals?

Since you referenced kyler, what date was his deal signed.. what month in the offseason was any of these extensions signed, like mahomes

It’s still March for a couple more days.. a whole lot of offseason left

Last edited:
Have you looked at the timeline for previous deals?

Since you referenced kyler, what date was his deal signed.. what month in the offseason was any of these extensions signed, like mahomes

It’s still March for a couple more days.. a whole lot of offseason left

EYE hear you, man. Both those deals got done in July of their respective offseason so I’m really not trippin until then. I saw an article today in the Kansas City Star quoting Richard Sherman who actually blamed Mahomes and then Allen for Lamar not getting a deal done. His logic was that he thought after Kirk got his guaranteed deal that it would be the standard going forward. So by Mahomes and Allen not demanding guaranteed deals and continuing that precedent, they screwed over the Lamar and I imagine the other QBs.

Also heard Ozzie Newsome (Ravens Executive VP) on a pod. Basically his stance at the moment is that they want to see if Watson’s contract is going to be the new norm or an outlier. Market is at a standstill.

yea once the draft is done, focus goes to that

but those deals usually get signed July

mahomes signed first week of July.. kyler signed 3rd week of July

deshaun was March but that was part of the trade.. dak signed early too, but that was him coming off of the franchise tag and everything that goes with that

Wentz was first week of June.. goff signed first week of September

its not set in stone that 2 firsts have to be exchanged...... ravens could agree to trade him to lets say the dolphins for Tua and waddle or lions for goff and a 1st....or bears for fields and future first...lot of people think after the draft teams will take look at Lamar....I just think dude needs to stop with this watson thing.......

colts having the 4th pick thats like having 2 firsts....they won't give ravens that pick and next years.....they of course would rather be 24 and 25 firsts or better yet a trade that ravens are happy with
Fields and 1sts for Lamar????? Helllllllll no. No thanks. We good.

Fields and 1sts for Lamar????? Helllllllll no. No thanks. We good.
80bp9nCJh-Lvezh8mrA2QBTHr8jjyhYt7OVh76waY80.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom