NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh McDaniels :lol:
8110490B-720C-494E-9172-A41BE1B577D8.gif

People loved Richardson during the combine because of his freak athleticism but seem to forget he was awful at playing the actual position of QB :lol:

1 of those 3 aint enough but if they could get 2 of those 3 that would be a big step in the right direction for baltimore

Jags Chargers was the best game of last season imo. The entire bar I was at was on the edge of their seats watching that second half play out. That was a career defining moment for Trevor.

Jags Chargers was the best game of last season imo. The entire bar I was at was on the edge of their seats watching that second half play out. That was a career defining moment for Trevor.

Randomly watched the highlights to this game the other day. Prolly my favorite game too.

This is absolutely insane. He’s basically asking for 5 or 6 years, $300MM with $250MM guaranteed. Heard Schefter say he expects Hurts then Herbert then Burrow extensions to get done this offseason (in that order). The entire league will probably wait to see what those look like before proceeding with Lamar. That will determine what the new market looks like and if Watson was an outlier. I don’t really see the sense in giving him a deal before any of them.

This is absolutely insane. He’s basically asking for 5 or 6 years, $300MM with $250MM guaranteed. Heard Schefter say he expects Hurts then Herbert then Burrow extensions to get done this offseason (in that order). The entire league will probably wait to see what those look like before proceeding with Lamar. That will determine what the new market looks like and if Watson was an outlier. I don’t really see the sense in giving him a deal before any of them.
If he gets a longer Mahomes style deal than $250MM seems reasonable. I think it makes sense for the deals to get done in that order. Bengals seem the least far along in negotiation and they def want to wait for that April escrow deadline to pass. Philly def is most incentivized to get the deal done first IMO

It was good, but the best game gotta be Bills/Vikings. So many crazy things happened in that game.
It was a crazy game indeed but I’m always going to go with the game that has higher stakes. It was a do or die game and Trev did it.

If he gets a longer Mahomes style deal than $250MM seems reasonable. I think it makes sense for the deals to get done in that order. Bengals seem the least far along in negotiation and they def want to wait for that April escrow deadline to pass. Philly def is most incentivized to get the deal done first IMO

You lowkey read my mind :lol: When I first started typing, I thought “well that’s possible with a really long deal like Mahomes” but then I took a step back and I’m just not sure they’re ready to give him all those years even if it’s funny money on the backend.

Kind of crazy but in almost three decades the Ravens have never really had to deal with a big QB contract outside of Flacco (who was coming off a SB-winning season) and have never been able to properly scout WRs like finessence finessence noted with them passing on AJ Brown and DK Metcalf for Hollywood Brown. It sucks because with how the game has evolved, those two positions are pretty vital now. I really think Baltimore in particular is stuck on filling out a roster with all that money guaranteed to Lamar. If that wasn’t an issue, Roquan wouldn’t have gotten paid early.

dacomeup dacomeup do you foresee Cincinnati being able to pay Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst in the future? If so what would your O-Line and Defense look like?

dacomeup dacomeup do you foresee Cincinnati being able to pay Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst in the future? If so what would your O-Line and Defense look like?
I think they want to keep Burrow, Chase and Higgins. Boyd is likely in his last year or two with the Bengals and Hurst signed with Carolina a few weeks back. Once Burrow’s extension kicks in it’s going to be a lot like the approach of the other teams in the past or now with elite QBs. Picking in choosing your spots to spend (e.g, the Orlando Brown Jr deal), getting vets on discounts who want a shot at a ring, making good second wave free agency signings and really hitting on draft picks. The average fan can’t name more than 3 guys on the Bengals’ defense but we still had one of the top units in the league. We had a spell of mediocre to bad drafts towards the end of the Dalton era, but can’t really afford that anymore since as a contender the draft is really about fixing things around the edges to make the team better/keep them in contention.

I think they want to keep Burrow, Chase and Higgins. Boyd is likely in his last year or two with the Bengals and Hurst signed with Carolina a few weeks back. Once Burrow’s extension kicks in it’s going to be a lot like the approach of the other teams in the past or now with elite QBs. Picking in choosing your spots to spend (e.g, the Orlando Brown Jr deal), getting vets on discounts who want a shot at a ring, making good second wave free agency signings and really hitting on draft picks. The average fan can’t name more than 3 guys on the Bengals’ defense but we still had one of the top units in the league. We had a spell of mediocre to bad drafts towards the end of the Dalton era, but can’t really afford that anymore since as a contender the draft is really about fixing things around the edges to make the team better/keep them in contention.

Damn, I didn’t realize your defense was like that last year. Also didn’t see the Hurst signing. Love the Orlando Brown pickup. But yeah, it makes sense that you’ll have to go to that approach. The biggest difference between teams like you, Buffalo and KC doing it is that at least you had elite receivers to pair with your QBs (I know last year was different for KC).

I don’t know what Baltimore would use the money on instead of Lamar but it’s honestly embarrassing who he has been paired with during his career and now they are talking about DHop (don’t mind him), Sutton and OBJ in the year 2023. Cmon man. For that recklessness alone, part of me just says free him but other part of me throws up a little in my mouth when I hear media say “They might got with Huntley for a year” :lol:

I just want to get closer to the draft so this is the top NFL story because the Rodgers talk died down. Really surprised Green Bay can’t get the Jets to come up off their first rounder, especially if the 2024 pick will be conditional based on him playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom