NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

If they gotta fix the position fix it right. For the long term

Don't bring in a 30+ year old QB with a bum shoulder, bum throwing mechanics, bum foot and accuracy issues as a bandaid to the larger problem.

I'm a Cam fan and hope he can bounce back but he's not what made him an MVP player anymore, and they need to solve this long term. I'm partial to stop gaps during a "window"

I'm a white sox fan & bulls fan, I see Jerry Reinsdorf year in and year out try and put bandaids around the larger issue. Fix it for the longterm so u dont have to worry about the position going forward and can focus on other positions. Dont bring cam in for a year, lose, and now u back in the same spot in 2021 looking for a QB. Do it right the first time, and when you **** it up the first time you BETTER not miss the second time.

Khalil Mack still on the team for 6 more years, Akiem Hicks is still signed for 3-4 more years, Roquan only in year 2. Eddie Jackson about to get reupped. The defensive talent will be there regardless. Sure up the position for the long term in my eyes. some how some way

Doubt y’all going be able to find a long term solution as things currently stand this summer

Vikes got lucky Kirk was available.. even though they still had their 1st and I think a chance at Lamar, so they could have signed what’s his face for a year or 2 and let Lamar sit

you guys don’t have your first and not sure who’ll be out there in the open market and can’t bank on mid rounder playing right away.. you hope or maybe with time and development.. but can’t count on say a dak or Russ situation

Don't bring in a 30+ year old QB with a bum shoulder, bum throwing mechanics, bum foot and accuracy issues as a bandaid to the larger problem.

I'm a Cam fan and hope he can bounce back but he's not what made him an MVP player anymore, and they need to solve this long term. I'm partial to stop gaps during a "window"

I'm a white sox fan & bulls fan, I see Jerry Reinsdorf year in and year out try and put bandaids around the larger issue. Fix it for the longterm so u dont have to worry about the position going forward and can focus on other positions. Dont bring cam in for a year, lose, and now u back in the same spot in 2021 looking for a QB. Do it right the first time, and when you **** it up the first time you BETTER not miss the second time.

Khalil Mack still on the team for 6 more years, Akiem Hicks is still signed for 3-4 more years, Roquan only in year 2. Eddie Jackson about to get reupped. The defensive talent will be there regardless. Sure up the position for the long term in my eyes. some how some way
The flip side of this is how many years of the defense being solid do you want to waste? A "long term fix" means drafting another QB and you know thats a roll of the dice once again...Cam if healthy, should be able to give consistent average QB play at the least, which should pair up nicely with a good defense

how do you think they gonna fix it? yall are to good to be picking in the top half of the draft. FA or lucking out is yall only way.

Doubt y’all going be able to find a long term solution as things currently stand this summer

Vikes got lucky Kirk was available.. even though they still had their 1st and I think a chance at Lamar, so they could have signed what’s his face for a year or 2 and let Lamar sit

you guys don’t have your first and not sure who’ll be out there in the open market and can’t bank on mid rounder playing right away.. you hope or maybe with time and development.. but can’t count on say a dak or Russ situation

The flip side of this is how many years of the defense being solid do you want to waste? A "long term fix" means drafting another QB and you know thats a roll of the dice once again...Cam if healthy, should be able to give consistent average QB play at the least, which should pair up nicely with a good defense

That's what they were hoping to get out of Mitch this year, consistent average QB play and they just aren't getting it.

There is no long term fix available right away, y'all right. They have 2 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft, not sure you can package those 2 to move up and get somebody, doubt it. Not sure you can package those 2 picks to someone for a QB that a team may be trying to rebuild, lets just say for ****s and giggles, a Matt Ryan situation? Would Atlanta look to just rebuild what they have going?

They need to bring in a veteran 100% to push Mitch and OR be competent enough to unseat Mitch and take over the starting job. I just am not sold Cam is that person because of what my last few images of him have been bad, he was **** to end 2018 season cause of injury, he had the surgery, came back and got hurt on the foot but his arm and shoulder still didn't look right nor did his "improved" throwing mechanics, looked the same as last year.

I don't want Mariota. I don't want Jameis. Cam may very well be the best of the best available so maybe they go after em, but I'm just not 100% YAY BRING HIM IN SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL 2020. There's still questions on him. In a perfect world Mitch plays with consistency to end the year and shows life in why they drafted him. But thats asking alot based on the 8 - 9 weeks i've seen him this year. I know one thing tho. Mitch has been bad, but Nagy has been as equally bad in putting his QB and offense in positions to succeed this season.

That's what they were hoping to get out of Mitch this year, consistent average QB play and they just aren't getting it.

There is no long term fix available right away, y'all right. They have 2 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft, not sure you can package those 2 to move up and get somebody, doubt it. Not sure you can package those 2 picks to someone for a QB that a team may be trying to rebuild, lets just say for ****s and giggles, a Matt Ryan situation? Would Atlanta look to just rebuild what they have going?

They need to bring in a veteran 100% to push Mitch and OR be competent enough to unseat Mitch and take over the starting job. I just am not sold Cam is that person because of what my last few images of him have been bad, he was **** to end 2018 season cause of injury, he had the surgery, came back and got hurt on the foot but his arm and shoulder still didn't look right nor did his "improved" throwing mechanics, looked the same as last year.

I don't want Mariota. I don't want Jameis. Cam may very well be the best of the best available so maybe they go after em, but I'm just not 100% YAY BRING HIM IN SUPER BEARS SUPER BOWL 2020. There's still questions on him. In a perfect world Mitch plays with consistency to end the year and shows life in why they drafted him. But thats asking alot based on the 8 - 9 weeks i've seen him this year. I know one thing tho. Mitch has been bad, but Nagy has been as equally bad in putting his QB and offense in positions to succeed this season.

atlanta should make a move, even if it's for future 1sts.. but was going say you guys gotta look at say what KC did (they traded 2 2nds for alex smith.. then obviously eventual traded for mahomes)

just wasnt sure who would be available.. maybe rivers, but he might retire if they go to move him.. foles might not be available now

but matt ryan will be 35 at the start of next season, but he's still obviously capable.. and atlanta gotta make a crap ton of changes

not sure if teddy will be a free agent, but that might be another option assuming brees wants to keep playing for at least another year

I feel like Teddy is set up good if he reups with NO and Brees reups for say 2 years. Teddy the heir apparent to a city and org thats already embrassed him.

He turned down starter money from Miami to stay in NO. I think it's the perfect fit for em.

Bears def should look to see what teams may look to move off their starter that people might not have anticipated. It's almost like the NBA, you have to be ready to pounce when the next superstar throws a fit and wants out. This 2 years in a row atlantas been outve it by end of the first month. Gotta see if they willing to move off Matty

How many good QBs have come into the league? Other then the new future of Mahomes, Lamar and Watson who else is the future? You got slim pickins, man :lol: . You better take what you can while that defense can still ball out. Teddy and Cam are probably the only notable ones.

I feel like Teddy is set up good if he reups with NO and Brees reups for say 2 years. Teddy the heir apparent to a city and org thats already embrassed him.

He turned down starter money from Miami to stay in NO. I think it's the perfect fit for em.

Bears def should look to see what teams may look to move off their starter that people might not have anticipated. It's almost like the NBA, you have to be ready to pounce when the next superstar throws a fit and wants out. This 2 years in a row atlantas been outve it by end of the first month. Gotta see if they willing to move off Matty

i mean it was miami.. you guys are clearly a better situation.. but dude is 27, he waits another 2 years and that's 29 plus he could easily get 20-30 mill to be a starter with you guys

but i'm not sure if he's going be a free agent, but if he is new orleans got some decisions to make if brees continues to want to play

How many good QBs have come into the league? Other then the new future of Mahomes, Lamar and Watson who else is the future? You got slim pickins, man :lol: . You better take what you can while that defense can still ball out. Teddy and Cam are probably the only notable ones.

I'm down with Teddy.

They'll sign a veteran, they'll have Mitch and they'll draft someone at some point this upcoming draft.

That's how it's gonna play out.

The Falcons arent moving on from Ryan yet...They talking bout a whole new coaching staff and invest everything on the defense, they good with their offense right now except at RB

Probly a year too early to think about Matt being available...But Jameis, Mariotta and Cam will probly be the hot QB names this offseason

JaggedPreciousJavalina-size_restricted.gif

Hopefully there's an article written about Lamar and the 2018 draft class the same way. Feel bad for Bears fans though.

Thats 1 of the few plays i saw on Sunday from that game. Im convinced that wasnt him.

Since when did he get that big. Dude looks like he grew 3-4 inches (at least) and put on about 20lbs

Who did AZ put out there in his uniform? :nerd:
man, i thought i was the only one that noticed David Johnson's lackluster running. Dude looked like me running out there.

no, thepercentage of passeshe’s allowing on passes thrown his way and yardage
i have no idea. I'm a basic numbers guy (yards passing, yards rushing, yards receiving, TD's). Everything else after that, my head explodes.

Sports analytics is beyond me.

i have no idea. I'm a basic numbers guy (yards passing, yards rushing, yards receiving, TD's). Everything else after that, my head explodes.

Sports analytics is beyond me.

yea.. i havent watched much of you guys since he's been there.. but just going off what i've seen on twitter so just wondering how dude is playing since i assume youre actually watching

this is what i've seen as his stat line: 17 Targets, 14 Receptions allowed, 202 Receiving Yards allowed, 116.2 QB passer rating when throwing at Ramsey, 0 Passes Defended, 0 Interceptions

atlanta should make a move, even if it's for future 1sts.. but was going say you guys gotta look at say what KC did (they traded 2 2nds for alex smith.. then obviously eventual traded for mahomes)

just wasnt sure who would be available.. maybe rivers, but he might retire if they go to move him.. foles might not be available now

but matt ryan will be 35 at the start of next season, but he's still obviously capable.. and atlanta gotta make a crap ton of changes

not sure if teddy will be a free agent, but that might be another option assuming brees wants to keep playing for at least another year

The Falcons arent moving on from Ryan yet...They talking bout a whole new coaching staff and invest everything on the defense, they good with their offense right now except at RB

Probly a year too early to think about Matt being available...But Jameis, Mariotta and Cam will probly be the hot QB names this offseason

QB isnt the problem in Atlanta. Idc what the avg "falcon" fan says that thinks we need a new QB. There isnt medicore mobile QB in the league that wouod do better behind our trash OLine. And look at KC, you cant win when your defense gives up 35+ weekly

Ryan just got an extension. Theres at least til the end of next yr until they start thinking of drafting a QB (2021 draft). Barring some career ending injury

So far Lions, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals confirmed to be at Kaps workout.

Falcons will be there because its in Atlanta and we have a home game. Although Id imagine a rusty 3yrs + few weeks legitimate reps would be bettee than Schaub as a backup.

Even though Schaub wasnt all that bad as a 1 week fill in.

The last 2 seasons ive played on Madden i did sign Kaep as a backup :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom