NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Excerpt:

Brown rented an Orlando-area mansion and hired the chef to prepare food for multiple days, a culinary show and other services for nearly 50 Pro Bowl teammates and many other party guests, Tedeschi told ESPN in an interview Wednesday.

Brown wrongfully terminated the agreement and did not allow Tedeschi to retrieve his equipment and food from the premises, the lawsuit states. A Brown associate told Tedeschi not to make eye contact with Brown on his way out, Tedeschi told ESPN.

tenor.gif

Finally had time to read the articles surrounding this NFL and Jay z deal.

For jay z to insinuate that the NFL writing him a check is better off for the mistreatment of Black and brown people is ridiculous. Even more appalling is him saying that the money in his pockets is better than fans complaining that kaep is being blackballed by the same entity he chastised and vowed to never do business with.

Throwing money at a problem never finds a sustainable solution to said problem.

Oh

And Nas won.

Yo; **** crazy

How do you start a movement; catch wreck for starting said movement, lose your job and get blackballed for starting said movement only to have the league enact large scale initiatives with the purpose of ”change” and not even be mentioned of?

It sounds textbook to me. Leaders of movements, more specifically, those involved in Civil Rights, are by and large ostracized or outcasted during the initiation of change. It is why I said before that Kaepernick will go down as an iconoclast in the modern era civil rights movement. He felt strongly enough to do somethimg he felt was right. Further, he was willing to commit to a high degree of sacrifice to confront the social challenges head-on, whereas most would retract or backdown. He stood his ground, and in doing so, rallied the cause for change. Ultimately, we're not too far into this at all and history will look favorably upon Kaep, in my opinion, even though it's hard to see now, because no matter how ugly or slow the start, the discussion has been started and time will do its thing at this point for the progess.

I'm a little discouraged by the negativity shrouding this Jay-Z thing, because if it's for the greater good and progress in the same realm I spoke about above, why not give it a chance? Unless y'all know more about the blueprints of this partnership than I do, I don't know. Seems like some prefer the dischord just to ***** and hate, but if it's a step in the right direction, what the **** mayne? Let's see what's up with it.

Finally had time to read the articles surrounding this NFL and Jay z deal.

For jay z to insinuate that the NFL writing him a check is better off for the mistreatment of Black and brown people is ridiculous. Even more appalling is him saying that the money in his pockets is better than fans complaining that kaep is being blackballed by the same entity he chastised and vowed to never do business with.

Throwing money at a problem never finds a sustainable solution to said problem.

Oh

And Nas won.

There ya go...I'll have to read this, but that's crummy if that's for real.

Watching One Jets Drive and see they got the next rugby all-star guy. Whatever happened to that other rugby dude that Niners' fans were raving about a few years ago?

January 17, 1999, was a brutally cold day, and my dad and adolescent me were listening to the NFC Championship Game in the car on the radio waiting in a parking lot so my mom could hang out with the terrible dude with whom she was having a rather open affair. Gary Anderson lines up for that final field goal, after making every single ghat damn one that season, and my dad mutters “Yeah, he’s going to miss this one”, as calmly as you please. He never believed for a minute during that game that the Vikings were going to make the Super Bowl. Of course, Gary misses the posts, and my dad was proven right. I thought that maybe someday the Vikings could rise above their perpetual disappointment, but I can now never expect anything better that what happened that day. Don’t get too excited because people will always meet your lowest expectations.

My dad never complained about his chronic illness, his crappy marriage, the crappy passive-aggressive xenophobia that comes with being a non-white immigrant in Minnesota, the North Stars moving to Dallas, the Vikings being stupid, having to work every single day of his life since he was 11 while being essentially disabled. Even all the way to the end when he died in pain, he didn’t complain, he just sobbed quietly because he wouldn’t be there anymore for my brother and me. My life has been considerably better than my dad’s, but I stick with my Vikings fandom because it reminds me of his stoicism and it was something that we always could talk about. I miss my dad intensely, and **** the stupid ****ing Vikings.

Damn.

Back
Top Bottom