NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Fights in sports, crashes in the Tour de France and NASCAR used to excite me when I was a kid. Not so much anymore as I’ve gotten older.

None of it will ever duplicate malice at the palace anyway

Baseball is funny because there can be an all out bench clearing brawl with multiple dudes getting laid out and it’s like a 2 game suspension out of 162 games. And nothing ever changes. No new rules every time something happens like if you leave the dug out your donezo.

soy dominicano, papi
Image result for sammy sosa white

Baseball is funny because there can be an all out bench clearing brawl with multiple dudes getting laid out and it’s like a 2 game suspension out of 162 games. And nothing ever changes. No new rules every time something happens like if you leave the dug out your donezo.

fights, getting hit by pitches are all ‘just apart of the game’ lol

He'll win OPOY while a QB wins MVP

Seems to be the way it always goes

Some weird ones:
-Many players have won both OPOY and MVP the same year: Mahomes, Cam, Brady, Manning, Adrian Peterson, Shaun Alexander etc.
-Drew Brees won OPOY in 2011 when Rodgers won MVP.
-If not QB (and usually MVP) it's always RBs. No WR has won since Jerry Rice in '93. Todd Gurley, Demarco Murray, and Chris Johnson have all won immediately before falling off.

What a dumb award.

1 of the most annoying thing listening to sports broadcasters is when they butcher an easily readable name

Booger: Mickole Hardiman

I know when you get the roster sheets they have pronunciations next to them

Me-Cole Hard-Man

:stoneface:

Y’all ever think we’ll see a defensive MVP in our lifetime?

Been a big believer in the cyclical nature of schemes and sports in general, so I think if the NFL survives, it's going to have to dial back on some of their arbitrary and frivolous rules (and a huge upgrade in quality of officiating), which in turn, levels the playing field between offenses and defenses...if that were to happen, I see it...but not in it's current trajectory.

Back
Top Bottom