NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

I think it would have to take a player with some astronomical defensive stats and some offensive/ST impact for it happen (top 10 Dpoy season/ double digit TDs scored) for them to win MVP

Chances feel slim

Y’all ever think we’ll see a defensive MVP in our lifetime?
JJ Watt was probably the closest we'll see, both in on field performance and requisite whiteness to get the extra media love. His team sucked though.

We could see a defensive MVP if a team went 15-1 or 16-0 with a below average QB. If that's possible. Would have to be a GOAT defense and probably a very easy schedule like the Pats have this season.

I think it would have to take a player with some astronomical defensive stats and some offensive/ST impact for it happen (top 10 Dpoy season/ double digit TDs scored) for them to win MVP

Chances feel slim

Yeah you'd probably have to break a record too.

I once broke Night Train Lane's interception record in Madden. Last game of the season, picked off Eli Manning for the pick 6 to tie the game and then again in overtime. Didn't even get a vote.

Still my greatest accomplishment though.

JJ Watt was probably the closest we'll see, both in on field performance and requisite whiteness to get the extra media love. His team sucked though.

We could see a defensive MVP if a team went 15-1 or 16-0 with a below average QB. If that's possible. Would have to be a GOAT defense and probably a very easy schedule like the Pats have this season.
I was just about to say this. If JJ could’ve dragged that team to the playoffs, they would t of been able to deny him. But then again dude had like 5 tds that year too.

Some weird ones:
-Many players have won both OPOY and MVP the same year: Mahomes, Cam, Brady, Manning, Adrian Peterson, Shaun Alexander etc.
-Drew Brees won OPOY in 2011 when Rodgers won MVP.
-If not QB (and usually MVP) it's always RBs. No WR has won since Jerry Rice in '93. Todd Gurley, Demarco Murray, and Chris Johnson have all won immediately before falling off.

What a dumb award.

weird that those guys won MVP and OPOY but Rodgers didn’t in 2011. I didn’t know that. At the time his 2011 season was arguably the greatest season by a QB ever.

Yeah you'd probably have to break a record too.

I once broke Night Train Lane's interception record in Madden. Last game of the season, picked off Eli Manning for the pick 6 to tie the game and then again in overtime. Didn't even get a vote.

Still my greatest accomplishment though.

Man I remember in Madden 07 on the OG Xbox I had a franchise with the Texans and Phillip bucannon had like 8 INT’s in the first 5 weeks of the season. Franchise mode was mad immersive back then so all the papers were talking about it. He slowed down tho and only ended up with like 11 for the year lol

Defensive MVP would happen if some team happened to be the clear cut best team with a combo of Peterman/Trent Richardson/Agholor level of play on offense...They would have no choice but to pick somebody on defense from that squad for that achievement

nfl redzone once talked about his ability to look backwards while running
Screen-Shot-2019-09-29-at-22936-PM-3af58c13d30f2c7f559227c15fe6496f.jpg

Hit that ***** *** ref with the

4ac9ddb32e379985f3550815c7c4e96a.gif

ufdup.png

Do yall see this commercial too? Or is it a regional/streaming one? I use my fam from GA xfinity to stream espn

20191118_184734.jpg

Back
Top Bottom