NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Im not sure tanking to that extent will work. If you get rid of absolutely everybody with any talent there's really no room for error in building the team up from picks. And no matter how many picks you have there will always be error.

ding ding ding....it doesn't work that easily in the NFL

+1

They're going the route of looking like an expansion team without an expansion draft.

There isn't a farm system in football. You have a limited window of production. If you hit on 80% of your picks, you'll have to pay all of them within a 2-3 year timespan...but because the roster was so depleted, you'll need to sign FAs...

It's not entirely impossible, just impropabale. The great teams layer their talent and are never dependent on 2 drafts.

Volume is just as important as high, that’s why tanking doesn’t really work.. but it does work to a degree, but you gotta have pieces in place

Quality coaches, GM, scouts and cap guys (there’s no cap on those guys).. also good analytics department is great

Also if you can find the right college coach, like say Pete Carroll who targeted guys he had scouted and wanted and unlike chip kelly didn’t focus solely on his guys also knew which of his guys to stay away from

Obviously cap structure has changed since 90s cowboys.. but jimmy having that knowledge of guys from college was huge plus obviously making that trade and hitting on guys

Colts are the other side obvious where after getting luck they made terrible picks and trades.. and then got a good GM too late

Well, I know that, but those 2 teams, in my opinion, made it a slap in the face. They didn't just posture about interviews and such, they hired sacrificial lambs....It's just...egregious. They just took it too far.
Naw I hear you, and probably one of the worst outcomes out of all of this the rate of these coaches getting 2nd chances. Chewed up and spit out, on to the next

Naw I hear you, and probably one of the worst outcomes out of all of this the rate of these coaches getting 2nd chances. Chewed up and spit out, on to the next

On top of opportunities in the first place, black coaches don’t get second chances anywhere near the same rate as white coaches

Hell im still trying figure out how/why KC’s OC didn’t get a job given some of the other coaching hires

But I’ve seen the point made that you don’t see a ton of black OC and QB coaches which seem to be the best pipeline to a HC gig

Eagles are garbage

Rivers and Chargies are also garbage. Don’t want to hear **** about injuries or talent, Rivers has **** the bed multiple times with a good team. Hang em up, whole draft class should

After letting it marinate I’m ready to say that last night was the best our defense has looked in a LONG time. Easily the best it’s looked in the DQ era. Dare I say real LOB-ish? I had no problem with Manuel as our DC either but but DQ taking over Is perfect. Our offense is groggy still but it’s only a matter of time before they’re firing on all cylinders and Koetter seems more comfortable back with us than he did in any of his time in Tampa. I REALLY liked our 3rd down offense last night. The only thing I’m iffy about is Freeman. He’s definitely lost a step...

Its too early to give Murray the "ok so he aint so bad".

Been real impressed with how he's looked given how god awful his OL and defense are. he's shown a lot of promise these first 2 weeks. His arm has been the biggest plus to me,he has the ability to throw any kind of ball with some accuracy depending on the situation.

Back
Top Bottom