NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Their salary is gonna be prohibitive pretty soon if their pieces do what they’re supposed to. They gotta strike while they can afford everybody. Same with the Chiefs

Facts this upcoming year we have to Pay Eddie Jackson / Tarik cohen / Cody’s whitehair..

I believe Taylor Gabriel / Prince Amukamara & Skrine will be cap casualties this offseason. But like i said they are 2 deep at every position. Except CB, they’ll need to draft one.

Good thing they’ll have the raiders 2nd round pick

The potential is there for Chicago, but they gotta show me before I can call this a "window" for them. They still gotta see if Mitch is really "that guy".

I could see them being a top NFC team, but in the same breath I could see a handful of other teams leapfroging them depending on which way the ball bounces.

And we know the NFC North won't be a cakewalk.

They were 12-4 in a **** around surprise last year and all 3 of their loses came from a combined total of 10 pts.

They’ll have a target on their backs because they no longer will sneak up on people. But this is a championship level defense and enough offensive weapons to make noise.

As ****ty as last year ended, Mitch led them from behind in the beginning of the 4th for a TD toss to ARob. And then after the defense folded and let Foles drive down the field for the TD to Tate, Mitch came back and made 2 big throws with under a min left to put them in FG position.

Parkey makes that FG and Mitch has a national media slurpage coming out party. Kick double doinks and now it’s back to “idk if he can play in crunch time.”

Well def see this year how he responds, as a die hard im the first to admit, the Keys to the franchise and where we go the next couple years are all in his hands, he’s gotta take that next step. Cause the potential to win it all is there

It’s too early for all that talk. This is going to be his second season in the offense tailored for him. People forget it took Drew Brees until year 4-5 to become Drew Brees. We live in this microwave era if the QB doesn’t do what Mahomes did year 1 he’s trash.. gotta let it play out a bit. But one things for sure is, Nagy was in contact with Mitch during his pre draft process, KC had him in twice, and Nagy was in contact with him during that rookie year. He could’ve went to indy and had Luck, Ballard is his guy, but he chose to tie his name to Mitch and the Bears. Can’t forget that.

Hahahaha Hahahaha dont start g. :lol: I personally think it’s too early to say either which way on him... idk if he’s going to be good. Idk if he’s going to be terrible. We’ll find out.

Doesn’t help the Bears aren’t really the most popular team in this thread. Aside from the other NFC north fans in here, y’all only see Mitch on primetime games, and his #’s during those games were terrible. So we’ll see. Year 3 is the year of Mitch for us bears fans. If Mitch became Alex Smith In KC... with this defense... i honestly don’t think we’d be upset as bears fans because you’re giving us a chance to win every game. Mitch is better on his feet and a stronger arm.. if that was his floor, I’d take it.

I see us 11-5

Just saying from a contract perspective you need to know this year, cause next offseason he’s eligible for an extension.. plus with the team you guys got, if he don’t got it, best to try find that option while y’all got all this talent all over the place

So just from the team perspective you wanna be able to maximize while not having to cut or lose out on talent to be able to afford dude

Same goes for say the Texans, who should be trying to maximize while Watson is on his rookie deal while planning for the extension they gotta give him plus offering him early so they can space out the cap hits and all that plus get him at current market before the obvious increase every year while you’re still deciding

IATT IATT yeah i agree. Which is why this is an important year for him but not a make it or break it season where they’d cut bait with him after. All the talk in chicago amongst my people who got a little juice in that circle has been the Bears are hoping he has a solid year in which they can see the upwards progression and they’d offer him a deal this winter coming up, something that gets him paid but team friendly in a way that won’t handicap them later on when it comes to signing defensive players.

Chicago gotta crazy defense, that **** is for real. They tough at home too. I'm still sick they choked last year. I don't trust Trubisky at all, he's basically Rayne Dakota with less heart.

I need them to beat the **** out of Daniel Jones this week.

Chicago gotta crazy defense, that **** is for real. They tough at home too. I'm still sick they choked last year. I don't trust Trubisky at all, he's basically Rayne Dakota with less heart.

I need them to beat the **** out of Daniel Jones this week.

:lol: @ less heart

Flores’ wife is white.......

533FB3F0-2A7E-46CE-AEB4-D04F87EEC839.jpeg

I like the bears personally, I believe Mitch is going to get even better and grow off of what he did last season.

Will he ever be a Rodgers, Brees or Brady? Probably not, but he’s more than serviceable right now.

I mean the bears were a kick away from advancing in the playoffs.

The potential is there for Chicago, but they gotta show me before I can call this a "window" for them. They still gotta see if Mitch is really "that guy".

I could see them being a top NFC team, but in the same breath I could see a handful of other teams leapfroging them depending on which way the ball bounces.

And we know the NFC North won't be a cakewalk.
Outside of saints, rams and Philly...who has to the potential to leapfrog them?

I like the bears personally, I believe Mitch is going to get even better and grow off of what he did last season.

Will he ever be a Rodgers, Brees or Brady? Probably not, but he’s more than serviceable right now.

I mean the bears were a kick away from advancing in the playoffs.

Exactly how i feel

If its a conditional 7th. I’m sure Bears get it done. They just traded a conditional 7th for Pineiro if he plays 5 games atleast for us.

One things for sure, Ravens know how to develop ST’s talent. Will Lutz, Justin Tucker, now this kid.

The Bears are loaded with talent. The only thing I'll add is that overall team success isn't always a linear progression in the NFL. And that can even be said with a proven Q.

The Vikings team makeup wasn't a whole lot different not too long ago. Probably less offensive potential, great young defense, it was all coming together, pending Teddy's progress. Win the division at 11-5, lose on an improbable missed GW FG by their kicker in the playoffs. Next season, Teddy gets hurt of course, so you don't see how that progresses, but regardless, things happen..Go 8-8 after 11-5 and with so much potential. Then repeat pattern the next 2 seasons. It's rare you get back-to-back division winners in the North these days. Not saying they can't do it, but things have to all continue to go right for them. And it's Bear hunting season for the rest of the North.

Back
Top Bottom