NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story has been an onion, we pretty much knew he was doing **** before like not showing up to speeches he accepted money for.

And I guess at that time we weren’t sure if he knew what he was doing for sure or if he had any sort of defense like hey I’m dumb or hey I’m losing my ****, he seemed touched on the ManningCast a year ago, and the last two weeks it’s become blatant he’s doing what we hate most about white-collar criminals and definitely is intentional.

20220929_083722.jpg
20220929_083728.jpg
20220929_083729.jpg
20220929_083701.jpg
20220929_083702.jpg
20220929_083703.jpg
20220929_083715.jpg
20220929_083717.jpg

Why didn't y'all have the same energy y'all have for Brett for Tom ....y'all know Tom was stealing millions from the PPP loan program during the pandemic

Both guys are trash scumbags but the main reasons what Brett did is worse than Tom are as follows.

1. PPP Loan fraud is a huge problem and we now know wealthy organizations and individuals received funding that should've gone to actual small businesses. Tom was wrong for this no excuses.

2. Mississippi is the poorest state in the Union. Your tax dollars and mine, no matter the state you live in are going to that state to meet the basic needs of their community.

3. In addition to being the poorest state in the Union, Mississippi has some of the harshest welfare laws around which have been disproportionately used to prevent people that actually qualify for assistance from not getting help.

4. Jackson, Mississippi is currently dealing with a Flint level water crisis due to state government neglect. People don't have clean water to drink.

5. The purpose of the PPP program was to incentivize companies to not lay off workers during the height of the pandemic by offering forgivable loans proportional to the number of employees those companies had. Companies that fired people would have to pay the money back. The welfare system is designed to assist people with basic life saving food and rent assistance.

When you factor in the current situation in Mississippi knowing how poor that state is, knowing that Brett stole funds allocated to meet basic needs, knowing that the largest city in that state is without clean water and understanding Brett's role makes what he did worse.

I will never not hate that man

only times I can ever root for that man

vs dallas

or if something that can benefit my team is on the line, like them vs the saints because we have draft picks coming from them

i guess I would rather the brady and the bucs win vs the pats.. don’t really care vs the giants or Washington

seems obvious now PPP was designed to benefit the people who don't believe in giving handouts.
The lack of oversight when it came to that and who could get it was wild.

Any and everyone was able to benefit and take advantage of it and how they just blanket forgave millions that amounted to basic fraud for business owners and the wealthy like a tax write off was crazy.

Contrasting that with the crumbs the government gives when it comes student loans and it's real nasty work :smh:

I get you but thats like saying Aaron Hernandez's murders aren't as bad as OJs because the victims didn't suffer as much

Not really because it isn't the same thing at all.

If your small business fails because you didn't get a PPP loan, you can get a job or even apply and get welfare. Welfare is the last line of defense for the most basic human needs.

For some, welfare is a necessity. If they are denied that, what is their recourse?

Not to mention good ol' Brett gave $130k from his foundation to his alma mater while his daughter was playing volleyball. That is good and fine until you see that his foundation is supporting..."disadvantaged and disabled children and breast cancer patients."

Never change, Brett. Never change.

The lack of oversight when it came to that and who could get it was wild.

Any and everyone was able to benefit and take advantage of it and how they just blanket forgave millions that amounted to basic fraud for business owners and the wealthy like a tax write off was crazy.

Contrasting that with the crumbs the government gives when it comes student loans and it's real nasty work :smh:

That was a superrrrr easy lick.

To make matters worse, they did it TWICE.

They beta tested the first one, then offered a SECOND PPP loan.

And for those who built capital or purchased stuff, they confiscate it, and send you to prison. It’s literally the smartest thing the government did throughout the pandemic for the wealthy to get wealthier

Goes to show that the NFL is purely a business who does not care about its employees, contractors, or anyone else who might negatively be affected by its decisions.

Lets not forget, The NFL is a non-profit business organization who have the pull and ability to make alot of concessions & dictations if/when things go sideways like a hurricane event

That PPP loan was like dangling (pause) meat in the face of a lion.

Check boys/Scammers fell for the okie doke :rofl: :lol:

Goes to show that the NFL is purely a business who does not care about its employees, contractors, or anyone else who might negatively be affected by its decisions.

Lets not forget, The NFL is a non-profit business organization who have the pull and ability to make alot of concessions & dictations if/when things go sideways like a hurricane event

“Playing the game, is a way for us to bring some positivity and get peoples minds off the negative impact of the storm”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom