NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Bears WR core seriously might be the worst I've ever seen

I'd be patient with Fields until they invest in that offense the way the Jags just did

as critical as i’ve been of Mark Davis on certain things, i give him hella props for demanding grass be used at Allegiant stadium. He wasn’t trippin on cost of grass in the damn desert cause he genuinely does care about players and understands they are an investment to his product too.

I have 0 doubt in my mind fields would look better in a different situation. It’s been more than enough evidence that the situation a young talented QB is drafted into matters a ton into their development. If Meyer was still coaching the jags some people would think Lawrence was a bust and put it all on him
fields has an elite run game. average to below average interior pass blocking with his center injured yes but hes just missing open guys right now. its not the situation hes regressed on his own. put on the all 22 youll see. they do need a true X to complete the offense but leaving 120+ yards on the field on a regular basis is on him. these arent games where hes running for dear life. hes holding too long and not processing fast enough.

his biggest runs last week receivers were running wide he just didnt see it. hopefully he gets better and gets out of his own head but there is a reason luke getsy has been running so much.

20220928_091302.jpg

20220928_091304.jpg

That's the same damn cowboys helmet

fields has an elite run game. average to below average interior pass blocking with his center injured yes but hes just missing open guys right now. its not the situation hes regressed on his own. put on the all 22 youll see. they do need a true X to complete the offense but leaving 120+ yards on the field on a regular basis is on him. these arent games where hes running for dear life. hes holding too long and not processing fast enough.

his biggest runs last week receivers were running wide he just didnt see it. hopefully he gets better and gets out of his own head but there is a reason luke getsy has been running so much.
i hear what you saying but when I say bad situation I don’t just mean who’s around him on the field but the coaches around him as well. A lot of that can be on coaching I don’t think extremely talented dudes like him just regress outta nowhere when they get to the league, you can be coached up to not hold the ball as long put in better situations when it comes to reads or easier reads etc. Could fields be not as good as I and others thought maybe but it’s hard for me to believe that when I see dudes he’s more talented than in the league rn doing damn good because they in better situations when it comes to roster and coaching

i hear what you saying but when I say bad situation I don’t just mean who’s around him on the field but the coaches around him as well. A lot of that can be on coaching I don’t think extremely talented dudes like him just regress outta nowhere when they get to the league, you can be coached up to not hold the ball as long put in better situations when it comes to reads or easier reads etc. Could fields be not as good as I and others thought maybe but it’s hard for me to believe that when I see dudes he’s more talented than in the league rn doing damn good because they in better situations when it comes to roster and coaching
Fields’ situation is horrible, but since Day 1 his pocket presence has been extremely skittish. He plays with a nervous, frenetic style and QBs who react that way to the defense usually bust out.

Fields’ situation is horrible, but since Day 1 his pocket presence has been extremely skittish. He plays with a nervous, frenetic style and QBs who react that way to the defense usually bust out.
this is facts. they worked really hard this offseason to get him to release faster and it looked like he was doing it in the preseason. complete opposite now. true hes played some good pass defenses but us bears fans were wondering why getsy is calling so many runs but you are starting to see why.

his receivers arent great and a ton are injured so its really bad on that front i get it. they probaly arent open all the time but missing them when they are like he is is catastrophic. when the team is running this well it should be open season for PA and that simply is not the case cuz the teams dont fear fields.

Is Jimmy G still with Jordan Brand? Could've sworn he was announced as a JB athlete a few years ago

These old guys that have been around 20 years are all losing it at the same time, can we get staggered times, not with the NFL that’s fer sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom