NFL Sunday Ticket Appreciation

The Great feeling of sitting home all day sunday  watching mutliple of games on my  60 inch flat screen. Thank God for NFL Sunday Ticket. Directv gave it to me for free this season.
happy.gif

I've had the Ticket for like 13 years now (I went in on it with my wife's fam first, then got my own when we got married/own place etc) and seriously, there is nothing better. 

For 4 months of the year, I only exsist 6 days a week.  On Sundays, @#$% you and whatever you want to bother me with.  I'm gone. 
laugh.gif
  Up at 8:30 AM, shower, eat, pregame, get all my stuff ready that I'll need, notebooks and such, phone charged, laptop if I have it with me, then 10 AM hits, I'm watchin either my game, or if they play later, the game that interests me most.  I set the alerts for all of my fav players on the ticket, so they update on screen as I'm watching, and when a commercial comes, I hit back to the next game. If I see a score that's interesting elsewhere, I'll flip over to that and see what's goin on.  I don't sit thru any commercials, I go to game after game til I find action.

1 hits, and I switch to a new 18 players to update on the ticket, go to whichever game I'm ready for and repeat the 10 AM portion.  I watch til the last second is played in the afternoon games, then I eat, and turn to the pregame for the 5:15 game.  Watch that til it's over, then switch to ESPNEWS or NFLN and watch any interviews, updates, highlights etc til about 10-10:30 that night.

Then I finish the night out watchin Dexter, because it's awesome. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know nobody on Sundays.  If someone goes to the ER, they go alone.  All I ask for is 21 Sundays out of 365 days a year.  I'm a slave to life the rest of the days, but those 21 days are all me.  NFL ticket could raise their prices to $600 a year if they wanted, they would still get idiots like me payin.  I don't care.  It's worth it to me.  I'm a husband, father, son, brother, son-in-law, friend, brother-in-law, for 340 some odd days a year, I'm dead to people for those 21. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I've had the Ticket for like 13 years now (I went in on it with my wife's fam first, then got my own when we got married/own place etc) and seriously, there is nothing better. 

For 4 months of the year, I only exsist 6 days a week.  On Sundays, @#$% you and whatever you want to bother me with.  I'm gone. 
laugh.gif
  Up at 8:30 AM, shower, eat, pregame, get all my stuff ready that I'll need, notebooks and such, phone charged, laptop if I have it with me, then 10 AM hits, I'm watchin either my game, or if they play later, the game that interests me most.  I set the alerts for all of my fav players on the ticket, so they update on screen as I'm watching, and when a commercial comes, I hit back to the next game. If I see a score that's interesting elsewhere, I'll flip over to that and see what's goin on.  I don't sit thru any commercials, I go to game after game til I find action.

1 hits, and I switch to a new 18 players to update on the ticket, go to whichever game I'm ready for and repeat the 10 AM portion.  I watch til the last second is played in the afternoon games, then I eat, and turn to the pregame for the 5:15 game.  Watch that til it's over, then switch to ESPNEWS or NFLN and watch any interviews, updates, highlights etc til about 10-10:30 that night.

Then I finish the night out watchin Dexter, because it's awesome. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know nobody on Sundays.  If someone goes to the ER, they go alone.  All I ask for is 21 Sundays out of 365 days a year.  I'm a slave to life the rest of the days, but those 21 days are all me.  NFL ticket could raise their prices to $600 a year if they wanted, they would still get idiots like me payin.  I don't care.  It's worth it to me.  I'm a husband, father, son, brother, son-in-law, friend, brother-in-law, for 340 some odd days a year, I'm dead to people for those 21. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 i def can relate to what you are saying.I wake up at 7:30 eastern time.Go for  my morning jog(Gotta get my mind right for my vikings) Shower up. Cook me some to eat. Charge up my cell phone and laptop. by 11:00 i am watching NFL Couuntdown until the games come on.I am tone in all day. I am like you. i  dont exist on sundays.

I've had it for the past two years, but just moved to a new place and can't have DTV installed.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What streaming options do they have? I need my 12-14 hours of NFL straight on Sunday. I need it!

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I've had it for the past two years, but just moved to a new place and can't have DTV installed.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

What streaming options do they have? I need my 12-14 hours of NFL straight on Sunday. I need it!

If you have an Ps3. you can get NFL Sunday Ticket though your Playstation Network account. Look into it

You can follow plays of your favorite player?

Really?

I don't even have DirecTV anymore since I moved but I'm about to divi it up with a friend.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You can follow plays of your favorite player?

Really?
Well, not video footage or anything, but stat tracker will give updates as they go along.  So it'll pop up, Moss 17 yard pass from Brady, Peterson 15 yard run, etc etc as the day goes along.  You won't get every play, like 2-3 yard plays, but big plays, and obviously TD's will get listed as they go along, and then if someone crosses 100 yards or whatever it will update. 

It tells you when a Defense gets a sack, or int, things like that.  I think it's mostly for fantasy purposes, I use it for that, or if I don't have anyone going I just track Canes, or fav players.  I expect this year to follow how Ricky and Ronnie are doing on new teams, all the Canes, and then major ones like Chris Johnson or Vick etc etc. 

Still dope, so expensive though but I heard there is nothing like it. Even those one week previews were always
eek.gif

Had it the past 2 years. Saw the Deion commercials so I got on the phone to renew it for this year...they wanted $300
30t6p3b.gif
Couldn't afford it...

Still dope, so expensive though but I heard there is nothing like it. Even those one week previews were always
eek.gif

yeah exactly, you really can't get anything else like it

I have a PS3 too and I may consider copping, but I heard it was even more expensive than DirecTV? Like 300+

I have a PS3 too and I may consider copping, but I heard it was even more expensive than DirecTV? Like 300+

if you signup for Directv now. You get NFL Sunday ticket for free. i dont know if the offer is still on or not. but 300 is not that bad. just break it down into 6 payments.

Debating on getting it through PS3, I heard it's $350 though, just insane. I replaced my PS3 a few days ago and a new one was only $250

Wish I had this man. Been streaming games online. This year I might try to hit some sports bars. 

Originally Posted by el producto79

I refer to the entire portion of my life before I got Sunday Ticket as 'the Dark Ages'.
laugh.gif
  right there with ya bro.  I used to go to a sports bar for like a year before my girl's parents brought up getting the ticket.  I HATED being in the sports bar, other than the multiple tv's I could switch my eyes too, but I couldn't hear anything, people yellin at screaming during weird random times depending on which game, it was a damn headache. 

Now.......my life is just so easy.  Hell, if my game comes on at the same time as another big game I would want to watch, I just DVR the other game, and catch up on it in between the 1 o clock games, and the late game.  Fast forward thru all the commercials and such, get thru a game in an hour and a half or so, maybe quicker if I time it all right. 
smokin.gif

Like I said, Directv could name their price, I would still be paying.  If I had to sell blood on Saturday's to afford it, so be it.  That's why the lockout was stressin me the hell out.  Who the hell needs their Sunday's free during the winter? 
laugh.gif
  This is my church they were messin with. 

Between bills/rent, Vegas next week, paying for this (which I will), possibly moving to this loft in BK in a few weeks........ arrggghhhh fhalihriuhriurefa

Might as well, what the $%%$ do I work for anyways, have to enjoy the "luxuries"
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jkballer5

Had it the past 2 years. Saw the Deion commercials so I got on the phone to renew it for this year...they wanted $300
30t6p3b.gif
Couldn't afford it...

Basically

I'm gonna have to find streams for all my Lions Games and get used to seeing the ******** giants and eagles games when my cowboys arent on
sick.gif

stupid regional maps
tired.gif

Debating on getting it through PS3, I heard it's $350 though, just insane. I replaced my PS3 a few days ago and a new one was only $250

Read that for PS3 users without DirecTV, the price is $339.95 (which is $5 more than what you would normally pay with DirecTV).
I would consider purchasing but if I move within the month I may just switch back to DirecTV since the NFL Ticket is offered for free.

But then again if Verizon Fios is offered at my new location I will end up going the PS3 route, cause Fios is
eek.gif

This is my first year that I have the ticket... I also got ticket to go, so I can watch on my computer and phone... I just wish I had a bigger TV, but Ill end up just putting hooking my computer lcd up also...

People call and ask to speak to loyalty... They will at least give you half off, if you are in good standing

FYI... don't pay FULL PRICE for the ticket.  I subscribed last year and got it for free but I am reluctant to purchase it this year.  
I called Direct TV and threaten to cancel my service and was able to get the Red Zone channel for free and they offered me the full package for $39.99/month for 4 months = 159.96 (50% off). I havn't ordered it yet because the first week is free anyways.  I also got $15 in credits for 12 months so if I do order it, I am basically getting it for free.  Decisions... Decisions!
Here's the info via slickdeals.net

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3198891

Back
Top Bottom