NFL UNION TO VOTE ON OVERTIME CHANGE

zichardruniga

Banned
INDIANAPOLIS – The NFL is considering a proposal to change the rules for overtime games in the playoffs.

It’s a change that could have impacted who won the Super Bowl this year.

Other Popular Sports Stories

More From Jason Cole

A group of veteran players met with the league’s Competition Committee on Thursday to go over rule and safety issues. The proposed change was discussed at the meeting with players who seemed open to the idea.

“It’s just something the league is looking at to make sure the playoffs go as good as possible,

Yeah it should be regular season too and I agree it should be the first touchdown scored if both teams have already scored field goals

24o82ly.jpg

^ basically, if the nfl had any brains they would see clearly that this enhances the viewer's pleasure and makes OT 100% more exciting which in the end = more $$$

I know the NFL is too proud to take an idea from their minor league (NCAA).

However, the overtime system in the college game is leaps and bounds better and more exciting than what the NFL offers.

They should just adopt it.  It works, it's fair, it's proven, it's exciting.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

However, the overtime system in the college game is leaps and bounds better and more exciting than what the NFL offers.

this

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by parada45

Just leave it alone.
THIS !!!

Honestly, People complain about overtime as though it's a completely different game, in reality it's just a glorified 2 min drill
If your team looses the coin toss then they simply have to play stout defense...
If your team ends up losing in OT, it has more to do with how bad your team's defense is and how the refs favor the offensive side of the ball more so than the defense.

I strangely don't mind the NFL OT rule. It 'is what it is'. Yeah it sucks if your team doesn't get the ball, but that happens

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

this
The first to six is whack. The NCAA rule is much better. If one team scores, you give the other team a chance to score.

* don't forget that the level of competition in the NFL is wayyyyy higher than NCAA, and playing for 4 q's + OT in college is very very different from playing 4 quarters + overtime in the National Footbal League.

It may be more safe for the players as well as less exhausting to keep overtime rules the same.

this new proposed plan is stupid.

leave it alone OR make it like college. this proposal sucks tho.

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

* don't forget that the level of competition in the NFL is wayyyyy higher than NCAA, and playing for 4 q's + OT in college is very very different from playing 4 quarters + overtime in the National Footbal League.

It may be more safe for the players as well as less exhausting to keep overtime rules the same.

Thanks Jaws.

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Complete nonsense

Back
Top Bottom