NFL Week 11 In Review...

I got $200 I'll paypal it to a mod or random NTer I trust right now.
we can do that when the po start... easy money right there. would be awesome if they get the 2nd seed and then choke in the playoffs after a bye once again. 

Last edited:
I can respect that POV...

I get it...I don't agree with it, but I get it..

For as much as the regular season means in the NFL, it really gets downplayed at times...

Just thinking out loud, but in marvins decade there I think only the packers and patriots have enjoyed ok ore consistent runs..

I mean, I'd love to guarantee 10 wins for the Cowboys every year...that in itself is an accomplishment.

I get it tho..I get it very well..playoff success is the end all be all..

yeah I mean, I don't fault the Bengals or Dalton for last night, they could have won that game and it was a good one but that prime time record and playoff records combines to 1-19

kind of crazy to me

Marvin Lewis has had more than a few teams playing impressive football in his 13 years and he is 0-6 in the playoffs

until they do something, they won't get respect

Exactly. Are people really in here saying this is a hot take? Really saying people are just judging them off of the last two weeks?

No, we've seen this song and dance every year. "But but but they're 8-2!" Okay.

9-7.
10-6.
11-5.
10-5-1.

Ain't like they've been bums since Andy got to town.

But y'all right, these are Skip Bayless-esque hot takes. Marvin Lewis 8-18 since 2003 hot takes. "This year is different!" Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Last edited:
Exactly. Are people really in here saying this is a hot take? Really saying people are just judging them off of the last two weeks?

No, we've seen this song and dance every year. "But but but they're 8-2!" Okay.

9-7.
10-6.
11-5.
10-5-1.

Ain't like they've been bums since Andy got to town.

But y'all right, these are Skip Bayless-esque hot takes. Marvin Lewis 8-18 since 2003 hot takes. "This year is different!" Keep drinking that kool-aid.
laugh.gif
 really though theses dudes believe in the bengals.... 

Last edited:
Oh and lemme toss out another scoring hot Skip Bayless hot take:

Chiefs got next. They'll be the "sneaky sleeper Cinderella team" now that the Bengals bandwagon is looking a little lighter.

- the Demarco slide :rofl:
- Primetime Bengals...honestly don't think they're in trouble or going to roll over for teams in the playoffs, but it's just hilarious they lose both of their prime time games this year. like clock work
- Romo and the Cowboys byke
- Texans and Colts tied for the division...when do they play again? Can't wait :lol:
- Thank you Houston, btw
- Raiders young guns have hit the wall it seems

They just won a primetime game a few weeks back :lol:.

But when you don't point to substantial team flaws, and all you say is "primetime bengals/primetime Dalton/primetime Lewis", you don't see how that screams hot take? They're 8-2.

I been saying it every week in here I don't trust the damn Bengals . Bengals, Chargers, Cowboys and Jay Cutler are all in the same boat. I don't care how good they look at some point they'll show their true colors.

Another hot take,the Chargers might legit be the worst team in football :lol:

Last edited:
Back-to-back primetime losses but I'm supposed to look at a game a few weeks back. Congrats on winning 4 of them over the last 5 years, Andy.

:lol:

8-2.
4-9.
0-4.
8-18.

Last edited:
Back-to-back primetime losses but I'm supposed to look at a game a few weeks back. Congrats on winning 4 of them over the last 5 years, Andy.

laugh.gif

8-2.
4-9.
0-4.
8-18.
Or you could look at 8-2. I don't see what's so hard to figure out about that. 

But troll on, Chester. The minions will follow. 

I wish the Undertaker wrestled Marv Lewis at WrestleMania 30, his streak would still be safe

They just won a primetime game a few weeks back :lol:.

But when you don't point to substantial team flaws, and all you say is "primetime bengals/primetime Dalton/primetime Lewis", you don't see how that screams hot take? They're 8-2.

I think that's what baffles me too. It's never a genuine critique of the team.

The playoffs are a different story, and they haven't proved **** there. But I'm not gonna judge a team for losing a 8:25pm game :lol: especially when it's against one of the better QBs in the game and your secondary is depleted. Is it a trend? Sure. But Mike Tomlin teams also suck in primetime games and you don't hear anybody constantly invoking that point when they're looking for reasons why the Steelers won't win anything.

I have absolutely no reason to defend the Bengals, but I also don't think those claims hold as much weight as they used to...

It's simple, really.

I have nothing to prove. The evidence is there and it's overwhelming. Trends exist for a reason.

The Bengals have everything to prove. As soon as they start bucking the trend, it will quiet down. Until then? Marvin Lewis is a perennial choke artist who can't win when the lights are on.

Make us shut up Marv.

Last edited:
Panthers and Riverboat Ron [Cris Carter] BAPPIN' [/Carter]  
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'll keep it 100. After last week's performance + Andy Dalton's postgame response to the Red Ryder BB gun comment, I'm inherently biased against the Bengals for the duration of this season. 
laugh.gif
 That bugged the **** out of me and I still ain't over it. #facts #spicyHOTtake

But it ain't like I said anything outlandish. If you want to take a bigger picture view and look at their current record...cool. I'll also take a bigger picture view and look at what how Marvin Lewis coached teams routinely trip themselves up when the spotlight is on them. Reality is even with all this "Bengals are different this year" talk, they're still in the same boat until they shut everyone up in January. 

Maybe we should be used to the same song & dance by now, but like I said earlier, I was lowkey thinking it might be different this time and they wouldn't commit stupid errors or mishandle a late game situation.

Notice how I didn't attack Andy today though. I had more of an issue with the coach and his/their in-game blunders.

1:23 left in the game, you're on THEIR 33, you have two timeouts left, they have NONE. You're already in FG range and control the rest of the game. You decide to chuck the ball 2 out of 3 times (stopping the clock + shaving only 20 seconds overall) and fail to pick up a 1st down that would've prevented or contained a final drive by Arizona. 

And then a straight up idiotic unsportsmanlike penalty that turns a FG with a higher degree of difficulty into a chip shot for the W. 

We're obviously gonna re-visit this down the line one way or another. Just keep these last 2 games in mind if the seeding and home/road doesn't go their way for the playoffs...

Back
Top Bottom