NFL Week 13 In Review.....The End

Raiders are done

-Derek Carr with worst Quarter of his career

-Khalil Mack is still not overrated

-Oakland is 1 good draft class away

Didn't have to time to watch the rest of league yesterday

This thread seems to be very active today. Maybe cause the eagles won. *shrugs*

The entire Vikings team played bad. I think Norv needs to run the offense through Teddy and not AP. Running the offense through Teddy worked well last season. He gotta find his groove early.

Barr/Smith/Joseph hurt. not a good sign.

Shoes retiring WIR.
mean.gif
 Mid-season. 
mean.gif

Maybe some of these other d***heads won't admit it, but I legit look forward to WIR every Monday morning during the football season when I step into work. Got plenty of laughs throughout the years from your OP. 

And you usually keep it 100 on Brady/Pats (which is rare around here) so props for that too. 
laugh.gif

Thanks, chief. 

*salute*
I've never been that active in WiR or even the NFL thread (mostly because I work every damn Sunday), but I read this thread every week and I've gotten plenty of laughs and enjoyment out of it. Respect for keeping up with it, shoes

Reactions: S4L
Feel like Norv is afraid to remove the training wheels on Theodore.
I agree.  In some ways AP's renaissance may have been bad for Teddy because he's being Alex-Smithed instead of allowed to play through his mistakes.

Derek Carr had really his first bad game of the whole season so he's still deserving of all the credit he's gotten IMO.   

How is ginn still dropping all these easy balls?

On the other end of the spectrum...AB has hands down been the best wr in the league the past 3 seasons.

And definitely ty going to miss Shoes with the WIR. Some of the huge saved quotes back in the day provided legit laughter. Gonna pour some of my next IPA out, if true then NT will not be quite as fun on Mondays

Last edited:
Shoes, do these WIR's go back to the EZ board days? Just trying to think of what the longest running thread is/was here in S&T....

- Matt Schaub still handing out gifts :rofl: it's gonna be like another 10 years before his career is not totally defined by pick 6s

We may joke about other QBs and say outlandish things, but I dead *** feel like Matt Schaub is going to throw a pick-six every single time he takes a snap.

Like I just sit there and wait for it to happen... because it does. Every. Game. Never seen anything like it. :lol:

Now think about him being the QB of your team. After the Ravens game in 2013, no matter how well the Texans were putting a drive together, that's what I was anticipating, it was brutal :lol: :lol:

As far as Shoes calling it a day, it probably directly correlates with the overall NFL season. There's been a large number of outright abysmal games this year, very hard to watch due to officiating, injuries, and sorry QB play, and that has gradually trickled it's way into this thread. Keep in mind, it's week 13, and this has probably been the most exciting week in football.

WEEK 13 :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
- Pathetic *** Giants. It's about 4 games that they right in their hands and blew it. Bout to let Kirk Cousins win the division.

- Give Cam the MVP and stop playing

- Seahawks defense finally looked great again. Had teddy shook.

- Surprised at how good the Eagles played

- Chargers :x

-  I warned y'all about the Seahawks weeks ago.  Steelers too.  When you have the defensive foundation that they (Seattle) have, you don't just "fall off"  Definitely trouble awaiting whoever wins the NFCE, if they can lock down the 5 spot. Division is still in play for them as well, though.  

- Big Ben 
mean.gif
  Been one of the best in the game for a while, but doesn't get much props because of the talent around him.  It's nice to have that kind of consistency at the QB position.  Missing the number of games that he missed in Carolina, and splitting carries with Jonathan Stewart, has Deangelo prime to carry the load at 32.

- Props to Andy Reid turning things around in KC after a horrible start to the season.  Things looked pretty bleak for them after Charles went down.

- The Giants are the same team they've been all year.  Riddled with injuries (especially up front), abysmal run game, and a suspect defense, trying to win games solely off the arm of Eli and the hands of Zesty Beckham Jr.  They can't do it all.  They gotta let Tommy C bounce as well.
                     Over the Giants' last 4 games, Odell Beckham Jr. has 34 percent of the targets and 42 percent of the receiving yards.
                                 — Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) December 7, 2015
- Vikings were missing a couple of key guys on defense yesterday, but that's no excuse.  I'm not as big on Teddy as some people are, but I can't fault him much for yesterday.  Things got out of hand quickly.

- Props to the Eagles showing some heart, yesterday.  NE's oline is very banged up.  Gronk and Edelman out, but still no one gave us a chance to even compete.  Angry Brady my ****.  Disgusting display from the philly media, "some" fans this week.  Props to Chip for pretty much benching Demarco Murray and Miles Austin.  It needed to be done.  Don't care how much we're paying him.

I'm far from a S&T OG, but props to you @S4L3  for keeping this thread going so long.  It's clearly fell off for a variety of reasons, but you've kept with it.  You have your little shticks with division rivals and certain members on this board, but I've seen you bring quality discussion on this forum as well.  Props.

I got the Boys tonight 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Chiefs

+ 6 in a row 
pimp.gif

+ Jamaal Charles shouldn't be on the roster next year

+ Maclin 
pimp.gif

Rest

+ Brandon Marshall having a great year man.

+ Giants/Coughlin 
sick.gif

+ Pats...wut?

+ NFC East (shrug)

+ AFC South (shrug)

+ Pittsburgh/Seattle 
eek.gif

+ Arizona is the best team in the NFL.

+ Carolina is second.

+ Cam Newton is MVP.

+ Cincy and Denver take care of business as they should.

+ The Chargers are AWFUL.

My Top 5

1. Arizona

2. Carolina

3. Cincy

4. Pittsburgh

5. New England

My MVP Voting

1. Cam

(big gap)

2. Palmer

3. AB

I know Charles is one of the best RBs in the league (and he's one of my favorite players), but the Chiefs haven't lost a step in a game he's missed since Andy Reid has been their coach. He has battled injuries and getting rid of his paycheck (I believe it'd be $4M against the cap this year) ...would open up space in other areas.

Charles is a great player....  But I agree that money would best be spent elsewhere.  You can't spend that much on an RB when you have needs elsewhere.

Really it's some of the sick defensive players on the Chiefs that never get enough credit.  People act like Justin Houston doesn't exist these last few years.

Feel like Norv is afraid to remove the training wheels on Theodore.

dude, you are 100% correct. I feel like Norv needs to run the offense through Teddy and not AP. Teddy cant find no groove because everything is so centered around AP. When the offense was ran through Teddy in 2014. The offense looked pretty good. so frustraing

Back
Top Bottom