NFL Week 15 In Review....

Steve Young lite...
Steve-Young.jpg

Originally Posted by youngmoney

read an interesting tid bit in the paper this morning about steeler fans....it was in the green bay paper fyi

"if there was any doubt about whether steeler fans or packer fans were more loyal, sundays game answered that question. An abundance of empty seats at Heinz field to start the game was an indication of the steelers mediocre record, but also the fair weathered nature of their fans. Even during a tough 2008 season, packers fans never stayed away from home games in droves. Incredibly, hordes of so-called Steelers fans headed for the exits with 10 minutes left and the outcome in doubt. That would never happen at lambeau field."

thought that was interesting cause didnt the steeler fans just get voted "the best fans" in the nfl.

steelers still won so they get the last laugh

grin.gif
gee, that's not anecdotal sounding whatsoever.

laugh.gif
I knew it wouldnt go over well...

Young came in and replaced a Legend... Legend was getting old... Team traded Legend... Young upped his game big time and became the next franchise QB.

Accurate and VERY mobile QBs.

Not saying Rodgers is a lock for the HOF but the way he plays and the situation hes come in on is similar.

But have fun posting all your
roll.gif
's
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
...With NT & the NFL, there's nothing better when it comesdudes prematurely hyping up their own teams' "franchise" QB/defending them when they consistently play like garbage (not necessarily referring toRodgers).

laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

--Steve Smith is alive and well.

--To the Vikings and their fans............."This is Brett Favre".

--Tough loss by the Bengals, I know they were playing with heavy hearts, nice tribute Chad.

--Big game tonight in DC.

--Vernon Davis and Josh Cribbs representing for Dunbar High School.

--Baltimore can do some things in the playoffs.

--For a second there it looked like the Saints were going to get another break from the opposing teams kicker again, but there luck ran out this time.

Where's Vernon Davis been for the past 2 weeks? I still gotta see him produce next year not to think he was a 1 year wonder....

Let's see, he had a touchdown during the Monday night game against the Cardinals, and a few catches yesterday against the Eagles, and is tied for leading the league in touchdown receptions. Just admit you were wrong about him being a bust and get it over with.
I stand corrected....my bad on missing the TD he scored....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] lets see him PRODUCE in consecutive years to see if he's thereal deal or not. *Bust label, still looming....it took dude 4 years to figure out how to play football, no one was wrong in calling him a bust...again, thelabel is still looming if he can't do it again next year.

I stand corrected....my bad on missing the TD he scored....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] lets see him PRODUCE in consecutive years to see if he's the real deal or not. *Bust label, still looming....it took dude 4 years to figure out how to play football, no one was wrong in calling him a bust...again, the label is still looming if he can't do it again next year
come on double J dont be like Allen now and trying to hold on to dear life for something you said(COUGH*BJ*COUGH) just take that L and move on weall have taken one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Did you see what the steelers just did to the packers though? The pack are overrated and will ultimately fail with that flake at qb and their doofus of a head coach and GM ... they are not worrying anyone in the playoffs ... id much rather play the packers over the cowboys or cards because as we saw Saturday night, when the boys are on, maybe only peyton has a chance ... and the cards still have the SICKEST wrs in the league and a defense that seems to find an extra gear when the playoffs come around ...

The packers play consistently above average all year long ... no real dud games and no real wow games ... they are a good football team who has a ceiling that ends before the nfc championship game ...
laugh.gif
The arrogance of you cowboy fans. Enjoy the win. That isall.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Aaron Rodgers is not "VERY mobile."
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Passing[/td] [td]Rushing[/td] [td]Fumbles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Comp[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Pct[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Int[/td] [td]Sck[/td] [td]SckY[/td] [td]Rate[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]Green Bay Packers[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]317[/td] [td]492[/td] [td]64.4[/td] [td]3,962[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]297[/td] [td]102.4[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]305[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]Green Bay Packers[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]341[/td] [td]536[/td] [td]63.6[/td] [td]4,038[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]231[/td] [td]93.8[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]207[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][/table]

Not saying hes VY or anything like that but when he sees an opportunity to run hes not afraid to go out and get the 1st down or TD... Why did he fall in thedraft? cause people questioned his athleticism right? Seems to me like hes deceptively fast and picks his opportunities well.

Once again I dont expect him to be AS GOOD as Steve Young, but i dont see how you can deny that their situation coming into the starting position and theirstyle of play isnt similer
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I stand corrected....my bad on missing the TD he scored....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] lets see him PRODUCE in consecutive years to see if he's the real deal or not. *Bust label, still looming....it took dude 4 years to figure out how to play football, no one was wrong in calling him a bust...again, the label is still looming if he can't do it again next year
come on double J dont be like Allen now and trying to hold on to dear life for something you said(COUGH*BJ*COUGH) just take that L and move on we all have taken one
laugh.gif

What u talking about, fool? No need for me to take an L...I just wanna see if this was a flash-in-the-pan season for Davis...if he has a goodyear next season, I'll happily eat my words.

As far as Jennings, is he putting up better #'s than what dude initially said? No...

After Week 14...
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

- Vikings whoop the Bengals, they're forreal
After Week 15...
Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Vikings fans finally coming around
laugh.gif
, we been telling yall all season you weren't as good as your record showed and now look at you?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

- Like someone else said, if the Cowboys just come out and execute, they belong in the discussion of elite NFL teams.
Basically... But they never do it consistently... Far too often they're unmotivated, unprepared, or just plain lazy and stupid... Don'tknow if it's Wade, the players, the atmosphere around the Cowboys... But something is obviously off and has been for over a decade...

- All the people that were blaming Tony Romo for this team's issues...
eyes.gif
Now 82-119 for 953 yards, 6 TDs and zero turnovers in December... He's playing his best football right now...
- Miles Austin is a god damn problem.
pimp.gif
I wonder how much longer Jerryand Wade are gonna keep up with the "Roy Williams is our #1" facade... At least we know Crayton will find some space and catch the football,unspectacular as he may be...
- As bad as he's been, I'd rather stick with Nick Folk than bring in somebody like Shaun Suisham... Just ride it out and figure this thing out in theoffseason...
- Still mindblowing to me that Jason Witten only has one TD this year...
- Flozell Adams is just about done... Cowboys have got to solve that problem this offseason...
- DeMarcus Ware... Can't say enough...

-- Next week will be telling for the Cowboys... How do they handle a win of this (perceived) magnitude? Do they respond or do they drink the silver and bluekool-aid all week?
-- Saints are still the NFC's best football team. People on Sunday talkin about overrated... Ugh.
-- VY doin his damn thing... Too little, too late for the Titans though...
-- Minnesota... Brett and Childress gettin into it on the sidelines. AP with only 12 totes. Matt Moore torching you.
sick.gif
Wow.
-- Don't get the Green Bay hype...
-- Still think Pittsburgh is dangerous if they can get in the playoffs...

Chris Johnson needs 270 yards for 2000... Does he get it?

Steve Young ran for 4,239 yards in his career.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers is mobile.

Steve Young though?

but i dont see how you can deny that their situation coming into the starting position isnt similer

And that factors into him being like Young on the field......how?

He called him Steve Young lite. He didn't say he was better or even as good as him. He said he was a lighter version of him. If Rodgers plays as long asYoung he'll rush for around 3000 and put up better passing numbers.

Yeah Steelers fans are so bad, I mean the stadium hasn't been sold out since 1972 for every home game, and the never have any presence in opposingstadiums. C'mon. If I remember correctly Lambeau had quite a few towels waving there in 05 when Pitt beat GB...

Not to mention there are always empty seats in Heinz since many go stand on the rotundas...happens every game. Point is, yesterdays game proved nothing foreither fanbase

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

He called him Steve Young lite. He didn't say he was better or even as good as him. He said he was a lighter version of him. If Rodgers plays as long as Young he'll rush for around 3000 and put up better passing numbers.
U serious, bro?
laugh.gif

U think his rushing yard totals are going to increase as he gets older? Put this in perspective...Donovan McNabb who is in the twilight of his career and is10000000x the better runner than Rodgers is barely over 3000 yards rushing for his career...

yall are gettin in early for QOTW for next Monday
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom