NFL Week 15 In Review....

Steve Smith is a faster Hines Ward.
Josh Cribbs is Devin Hester 2.0.
Jermichael Finley is the next Antonio Gates.
Aaron Rodgers is Steve Young-lite.

Anybody else have any gems to add to the list?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

C'mon. If I remember correctly Lambeau had quite a few towels waving there in 05 when Pitt beat GB...
this has relevance because....?

opposing teams cant have fans in the stadium
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

but i dont see how you can deny that their situation coming into the starting position isnt similer
And that factors into him being like Young on the field......how?

Why remove the rest of the sentence? Right after that i said they have similar playing style on the field.

Of course Rodgers isnt going to rush for 4500 yards in his career... he could though rush for 40 TD's if he averages 4-6 per year. which he already does asa starter.

He called him Steve Young lite. He didn't say he was better or even as good as him. He said he was a lighter version of him. If Rodgers plays as long as Young he'll rush for around 3000 and put up better passing numbers.
This is why i was hesitant to say this here... people gonna take it literal and ridicule to no end
laugh.gif
But its w.e... It still comes down to himplaying better than people here want to give him credit for... 28 TD's and 7 INT's this year and no one mentions him but pack fans and the occasionalViking fan on here... oh well.

lite [laɪt]adj

2. denoting a more restrained or less extreme version of a person or thing

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Elvis Dumervil is the next London Fletcher.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so rogers is going to pass for more then 33,000 yards in his career??

hes got 8,000 yds in 2 years so if i were a betting man i would say yes

and with rodgers it comes down to winning football games...he went 6-10 his first year and is 9-5 now...hopefully he can win a few in the playoffs
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

We have a winner.
laugh.gif

That's almost sig worthy.

No they can but from that one game should I draw the conclusion that GB has 'fair weather' fans because they sold their tickets to Pitt fan? Of coursenot, the 'article' posted held no relevance either

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

laugh.gif

We have a winner.
laugh.gif

That's almost sig worthy.

You know someone is going to make an even better comparison soon don't go declaring winners yet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

This is why i was hesitant to say this here... people gonna take it literal and ridicule to no end
laugh.gif
But its w.e... It still comes down to him playing better than people here want to give him credit for... 28 TD's and 7 INT's this year and no one mentions him but pack fans and the occasional Viking fan on here... oh well.

No - I have no problem saying Aaron Rodgers is a good QB and playing GREAT football this year.

What I have a problem with is Steve Young-lite. I know what the definition of lite is, I know what stats Rodgers is putting up, but you don't have to makethose comparisons. Simply acknowledge how well he's playing the game and leave it at that.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

the 'article' posted held no relevance either
how so...its a week in review and thats what i took away this week...thought it was an interesting article...but whatever i see where you'recoming from

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
But its w.e... It still comes down to him playing better than people here want to give him credit for... 28 TD's and 7 INT's this year and no one mentions him but pack fans and the occasional Viking fan on here... oh well.

No - I have no problem saying Aaron Rodgers is a good QB and playing GREAT football this year.

What I have a problem with is Steve Young-lite. I know what the definition of lite is, I know what stats Rodgers is putting up, but you don't have to make those comparisons. Simply acknowledge how well he's playing the game and leave it at that.
Maybe you would if yall drafted him instead of Alex Smith
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

I stand corrected....my bad on missing the TD he scored....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] lets see him PRODUCE in consecutive years to see if he's the real deal or not. *Bust label, still looming....it took dude 4 years to figure out how to play football, no one was wrong in calling him a bust...again, the label is still looming if he can't do it again next year.

I'll say this one more time champ, Receiver/TE is the only position that is dependant upon another position, which would be quarterback. Our offensivecoordinator spot has been a revolving door the last few years and our QB situation has been horrible to say the least. At least this year our QB is lookingVernon's way more and Vernon is more focused than he's been in years past. It just took Singletary putting a foot in his %*$ last year and a QB tobelieve in him and throw the ball his way.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

not my words...someone elses
laugh.gif
you've done that sort've passive aggressive %$**twice now in two days. You're either a terrified little kid who's afraid of arguing anything you believe, or a manipulative weirdo who posts"other peoples words" as your own so you always have an out when somebody questions you later on. Either way, say what you mean.
wink.gif

You can't tell me you didn't post that as though you believed it yourself...

Final thought on it, Steelers and Packers are two of the most well known franchises and fanbases. I just think it was a long stretch by the writer to say thatPitt fans are more fair weathered just off a casual observation that may have been explainable and certainly not a trend.

I don't know about the Young comments but A Rodge is a very good QB, bright future

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He NEVER should have been drafted where he was and no team should have moved up to take him.

Particularly a team that is older and has tried to contend by going through Free Agency and continuing to make trades.

They have no direction.
QFT...

I never wanted Sanchize. I actually think the kid can be good but he needs to sit for multiple years. That is the point, he isn't Ryan or Flacco, hecan't have success immediately. Unfortunately this is a team that if it had a good QB, would be winning its division and could make a deep playoff run. We have the no.1 ranked D in the league...Plug is a semi-able QB, and we could be very good. As Allen said we are caught between the future and the present. You guys act like QB's are so fragile like if they sit they won't be able to go out there again. The only thing he has proved this year is he has noclue what he is doing all the time.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I stand corrected....my bad on missing the TD he scored....[SAS] HOWEVA [/SAS] lets see him PRODUCE in consecutive years to see if he's the real deal or not. *Bust label, still looming....it took dude 4 years to figure out how to play football, no one was wrong in calling him a bust...again, the label is still looming if he can't do it again next year.

I'll say this one more time champ, Receiver/TE is the only position that is dependant upon another position, which would be quarterback.
Our offensive coordinator spot has been a revolving door the last few years and our QB situation has been horrible to say the least. At least this year our QB is looking Vernon's way more and Vernon is more focused than he's been in years past. It just took Singletary putting a foot in his %*$ last year and a QB to believe in him and throw the ball his way.
Interesting you bring that up "champ." I'd expect a better excuse coming from you considering that Eric Johnson on your beloved49ers had 800+ yards receiving with Ken Dorsey, Tim Rattay, and Cody Pickett throwing him the rock....with Vernon Davis, it ain't all on the QB....sorry.

Rex Ryan is a joke:
EAST RUTHERFORD - On exit, Rex Ryan was seen and heard berating an official, using language that would have made Artie Lange blush. Ryan asked for the game ball, the official flipped it to him and the head coach of the same old Jets fired it toward the ref's feet. Ryan was hot over the late penalties that killed his team, but he should have been angrier with himself. On fourth-and-goal for the Falcons at the Jets' 6, season on the brink, Rex Ryan knew Matt Ryan would attempt the very pass he was about to throw to Tony Gonzalez. The Jets' coach absolutely picked the wrong defense to cover it. "Oh my God," Gonzalez said to himself at the line of scrimmage, adjusting his mouthpiece so he could lick his chops. "I think they are going zone here… I was surprised I didn't get jammed there. But … whatever they were thinking, I'm glad they were because it worked out for us."…

Gonzalez was Atlanta's most dangerous threat on that fateful pass, and Rex Ryan admitted, "We knew the exact play that was coming." So why wasn't Revis assigned to the tight end? With everything on the line, why wasn't the Jets' best football player assigned to cover the Falcons' best football player? "If I had to do it again," Ryan said, "I'd make the same call."

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/p...uld_save_words_for_the_man_in_the_mirror.html

Back
Top Bottom