NFL Week 16 In Review...

I can't wait until tebow is a free agent and can go somewhere he can start... like the CFL or Arena league and hopefully all of his d-bag hypocrite supporters can go with him. I hate all that he stands for and the network that made him.

So much negative energy.

God...  The cowboys are an average football team with a decent QB and a bad defense.  Why do we need to continue talking about them?  It'd be a miraculous success if they earn the privilege to be the worst team in the playoffs.

I can't wait until tebow is a free agent and can go somewhere he can start... like the CFL or Arena league and hopefully all of his d-bag hypocrite supporters can go with him. I hate all that he stands for and the network that made him.

I'm not a Tebow fan on the field by any means, but I can't blame him for the ESPN coverage. Not his fault they follow his every move. And I can't criticize his personal life either, guy seems to be a good person which is never a negative thing. Bad football player though (NFL level)

If people acknowledge that Romo puts up big numbers in the regular season, why isn't that enough for him to gain respect? Instead of multiple seasons worth of games, we'll judge him on a 4 game playoff sample? Oh. Yall put way too much blame/credit on quarterbacks.

Not only is it a QB driven league, but you need your quarterback to make plays and be able to lead your offense.

Who's gonna throw the ball to the WRs? Who's gonna make the correct audibles? Who's going to look off the safety and see busted coverage?

Having a great RB is fine and dandy, but you need a QB who can make plays and win the game.

Look at the whole 9ers fiasco? Alex smith was having a great season statiscally, but they went with Kap because they felt like it gave them a better chance to win regardless of his inexperience.

You new QBs that can win and change the game, that's the most important position on the field.

I bring him up because eli and ben are clear cut not better than Peyton but yet they have more rings. Which goes to show how Superbowls are a team achievement. and you guys say Romo's not on that level but he's closer to that group than he is eli and ben's group stat wise.

His stats are pretty comparable to Ben and Eli (especially Ben). He is right around that 2nd tier group with them, thus my rings theory would be relevant IMO.

I checked hs numbers and was surprised by Ben. One thing about romo is that he's almost a lock for 25+/4000+ when he plays a full 16. definitely can't say that about Ben, and eli looks like he won't hit this year after 3 years and those first couple of years he didn't. and fun fact Ben and eli eah have lead the league in ints Ben (1) eli (2) somthing romo has never done.

Well obviously since they have rings they have a better playoff appearance and playoff record. eli has a better playoff record than peyton. That makes him better?
and I meant if you take away stuff that are team achievements. Oh, and regular season record they've played more games but if you go by percentage. Romo wins 58 percent of his games, Eli 57, Ben 68.
profootballreference.com if you want to check the splits and see for yourself

Ok, so what stats matter to you? Because wins don't seem to be one of them.

And what stats aren't team achievements? Every play has the whole team doing something. QB doesn't just snap to himself and run.

If we're judging qbs yardage/tds/ints/comp percentage. And I know that matters with the team around you too, but that is what matters to me. Also where you going with the regular season record thing. How you going to say wins don't matter to me? I posted how romo has a better winning percentage. Doesn't that disprove your point?

The hate is strong. When you say you hate all that he stands for, care to go into detail?

How many college QB's are converted into other positions to play in the NFL, and yet this one clown who is trash w/ a football in his hand is somehow anointed a "winner", even though he can't beat out anyone in practice. Now this clown quits on his team because the 3rd stinger got the job over him and you have people saying he stood up for himself. If it was anyone else to do some thing like this they'd catch hell but since he's ESPN's golden boy, you got people thinking RE did something wrong by not just giving him the job. NFL players get mistreated every day, but they don't quit because they would get labeled a cancer or selfish and get blackballed.

But because Tebow keeps up this "awe shucks" facade in the media he gets a pass?

If people acknowledge that Romo puts up big numbers in the regular season, why isn't that enough for him to gain respect? Instead of multiple seasons worth of games, we'll judge him on a 4 game playoff sample? Oh. Yall put way too much blame/credit on quarterbacks.

Not only is it a QB driven league, but you need your quarterback to make plays and be able to lead your offense.

Who's gonna throw the ball to the WRs? Who's gonna make the correct audibles? Who's going to look off the safety and see busted coverage?

Having a great RB is fine and dandy, but you need a QB who can make plays and win the game.

You new QBs that can win and change the game, that's the most important position on the field.

I get all of that, but didn't Romo do all those things yesterday? They lost because the defense sucked and a bad fumble in their own red zone.

It takes a team effort to win and to lose, and while Romo has had his share on bonehead moments, he's still a very good quarterback.

Sheeesh. We starting early this week.
laugh.gif

And Killa Cam 14 total tds's the last 5 weeks.
pimp.gif
Haha, I'm just kidding.  Half.

You win because your lines win in the trenches...  Build out from the lines.  Cowboys/JJ are obsessed with skill positon players, which is why they get so much media hype and are always just average.  Dez is definitely playing like an elite WR, but who cares...  A top 15 WR isn't worth that much in this league.  They should have spent all these picks on elite linemen instead.

Just to balance out all the negativity with some positivity, I also think Romo is a really good QB and they have much bigger problems to solve.

Also, NFC playoffs is going to be fantastic.  Liking what the Bengals are doing too- that's how you build from the line out.

Last edited:
They should have spent all these picks on elite linemen instead.

Well to their credit they did in '11. In the later rounds where they were picking, I don't think they were wrong in not reaching for lineman. They needed the CB help more last year. They couldn't have predicted how decimated the OL would be by injuries.

Boys fans in bad moods this morning.
Sad note from yesterday, Heath Miller tore his ACL and MCL due to a low hit. I wonder if this is what Goodell wants since normally he would've been hit high. I think it was Reggie Nelson that hit him

And Reggie Nelson had been fined multiple times earlier this year because of poorly called hits square in the chest of a receiver. I can't blame him for going low.

And Reggie Nelson had been fined multiple times earlier this year because of poorly called hits square in the chest of a receiver. I can't blame him for going low.

No doubt, it is the NFL that Roger created himself. Because it isn't just helmet to helmet getting flagged and find, anything remotely high and hard gets flagged, regardless if legal

Last edited:
Posted this in the discussion thread:

I know the NFL has headed towards OD'ing on these big hits, but why not start reviewing them? Not something I neccessarily want, but some of these big hits are clean hits and getting flagged. I'd rather have them take the time to review them than head down the path of not having these hits anymore.

If they dont...Then you'll start to see more of what happend last night with the hit on Manningham. Completely legal, but got his knee busted becuase the player had no choice but to go low.

How many college QB's are converted into other positions to play in the NFL, and yet this one clown who is trash w/ a football in his hand is somehow anointed a "winner", even though he can't beat out anyone in practice. Now this clown quits on his team because the 3rd stinger got the job over him and you have people saying he stood up for himself. If it was anyone else to do some thing like this they'd catch hell but since he's ESPN's golden boy, you got people thinking RE did something wrong by not just giving him the job. NFL players get mistreated every day, but they don't quit because they would get labeled a cancer or selfish and get blackballed.
But because Tebow keeps up this "awe shucks" facade in the media he gets a pass?
lolol @ believing the Jest when they say he actually couldn't beat out Sanchez for starting position or anything they say in general 
laugh.gif

Didn't even get to watch football really yesterday so I cant speak on much... I saw most of the night game though...

Seattle is tooooo good especially at home... And they still have a chance to get the TWO seed????????
sick.gif

Packers rolling still, in position for the 2 seed and clinch it with a win vs the Vikings.
pimp.gif
The purple better hope they get a lead against us if they want AP sniffing that record and getting a win at the same time...

Rodgers gonna be right around 40 TD's and less than 10 picks yet again.

Much more comfortable right now than I was feeling last year going into week 17... The lights were bright man... All attention is on NFCE race/San Fran/Seattle right now. 

If nothing changes right now the Pack would get either the 49ers/Skins/Seahawks... Most scared of the 9ers in the scenario since it'd be at Lambeau. Redemption would be had vs the Hawks.

Sheeesh. We starting early this week.
laugh.gif

And Killa Cam 14 total tds's the last 5 weeks.
pimp.gif

nthat.gif

Posted this in the discussion thread:
I know the NFL has headed towards OD'ing on these big hits, but why not start reviewing them? 
I agree...alot  of the bad calls would be reversed..  calls like the one kam chancellor  made last night, the one on dez a few weeks back...both were the wrong calls..

That was a ugly win for my Colts. 300+ yds of rushing allowed and still win. Glad we made the playoffs. Would love to get a win but with this young team, not sure its gonna happen. But gotta take it week by week.

Andrew Luck = ROY

IMO

lmao..hahah...

you can be biased and argue...but facts are facts...

lmao..

you can be biased and argue but facts are facts...

lmao..hahahaha...the irony...

No irony, Steelers and Bengals gave those last two games away. Don't even tell me it was skill, straight up luck. Then you have the Browns game that they gave up. Luck, not skill. Post was directed at Cowboys fans.

He, a Giants fan, who won a SB off a miracle helmet catch has the audacity to talk about luck.
He, a Giants fan, who has a QB who can throw prayers and have his receivers out manuver defenders to go up and get the ball, has the audacity to talk about luck.
He, a Giants fan, who were two Kyle Williams bone-headed plays from golfing, has the audacity to talk about luck.
He, a Giants fan, who was a Wes Welker catch away from elevating Tom Brady to "Better than Joe Montana discussions", has the audacity to talk about luck.
He, a Giants fan, who is one bad Ahmad Bradshaw fumble call away from golfing, has the audacity to talk about luck.
Oh the hypocrisy...
Giants deserve the SBs they got and I believe every team needs things to bounce their way. But to be critical of another team and saying everything is "luck" when you've had your fair share of things bounce your way? *****

Not gonna disagree with anything you said, my original post was that Dallas' luck had finally ran out yesterday and Dallas fans can't argue that. Feel free to if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom